Von Quest Industries - H.A.L.O. System
This will be my first official Addon for the ArmA community! This HALO System will allow you to Jump from extreme altitudes over 30,000ft from a C-130 Hercules Aircraft.
- Now includes Low-Level, No-Gear-Required, Jumps in v1.2!
- Supported: Boeing C-17 Globemaster
- Supported: Ivory Aircraft - IL-76/78/A-50 Candid/Midas/Mainstay
The included Altimeter will be reading Barometric Pressure. ASL, Above-Sea-Level. You should know the Altitude of the DropZone and plan ahead. Tracking over 2km while in FreeFall is possible; more if under canopy for a HAHO. The jump location and altitude will be random to start. Option to re-route Flight possible. System should work for most ArmA Maps.
There is a helmet-view complete with custom sounds and dramatic environmental effects! Your visor can (and will) fog-up, freeze over, can crack, etc. There will be thermal layers and accurate and varied temperatures displayed for most ArmA Maps and Climates. The temperature will also fluctuate with months, seasons, and time-of-day.
The Altimeter can be displayed by using your 'Watch' button while geared-up in your HALO Gear for any Keyboard or Gaming Controller. If you are NOT Geared-up properly, the JumpMaster will deny your Jump and you will have to recheck and repack your gear. The temperature at extreme altitude can reach -70*F with little to NO Oxygen!
Thermal Jumpsuit, Helmet, and Oxygen Supply IS required. ALL your Gear will be saved and packed into the Pack attached onto your front so you can Jump into the AO fully combat-ready! Water landings possible (and encouraged) for the Black-Ops operative you know you want to be!
- Readouts in FT and M ASL
- Compass Heading & Arrow
- GPS Receiver (mapgrid)
- Weather Radio (wind dir & kts)
- SaO2 Readout (o2 saturation)
- 24hr Digital Clock
- Temperature Readout
- H.A.L.O. Black/Orange
(The JumpBuddy II and III are also in the works, but will not likely be released until next Fall/Winter if I have time. They will be more on the fictitious-end of the spectrum.)
Extract into the ArmA 3 Directory, by default this is located in:
32-Bit - C:\Program Files\Steam/Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\
64-Bit - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam/Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\
After extraction it should look like this:
You can also use the "Arma 3 Alpha" folder in your "My Documents" folder. Your folder setup could than look like for example this:
When present place the "userconfig" folder into your game install folder, usually:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3".
You may already have "userconfig" folder from other addons and/or mods in which case it is safe to merge the contents from this archive.
You'll also need to add a Launch Parameter to Steam, in order to do so right-click on ArmA 3 Alpha and click Properties and then Set Launch Options. In the window that opens enter in -mod=@your_mod_folder_name
For using multiple mods you would then do so like this:
You can also use -nosplash to get rid of the splash art and intro videos.
And of course you can also enable and disable community made addons and mods through the in-game Options Expansions menu if you do not want to mess with startup parameters!
When the above information still does not provide you with enough to learn how to install custom addons and mods you can always ask in our Guide On Installing Mods
place the C130 wherever you want on the ground, name it VQIHALO1, and you're done! The System will then setup and build itself to work on Stratis & Altis.
More info in the included readme file.
Armaholic.com has its own Youtube channel where we will try to cover the Community made releases. Make sure to visit our channel and subscribe!
Armaholic.com on Youtube
BIS still has to fix the animations: Ground Landing - you get back up when you should stay prone.
BIS still has to fix the animations: Water Landing - the animation is AWFUL! You start to walk like you are on land. Ugh! Hopefully they can fix these soon...
Unclear how the Altimeter will display on other screen sizes. Any SafeZone tips? A tad fuzzy on this. This may be a Mod-breaker for some.
ONLY works good for several Maps. Not all. More added later. See Changelog.
Some MP bugs. (may or may not be related) Weird camShake sometimes, and once in a while the host player will be invisible in aircraft. Kooky.
Only human players for now. May add AI compatible later. (very low priority)
Can not get 'Side-Chat' thingy to work the way I want for spawned-in Jumpmaster and Crewmaster talking. Any tips?
For MP: The HOST pc controls the Jump Lights & Audio. No need to do anything special, just be present in jumpcraft so everyone can see and hear the EFX.
Not tested all Maps in List - Should work though (fingers crossed)
1. Currently this Addon will require the C130J Cargo Mod by theebu, but I will work on another version that is a completely vanilla drag-and-drop folder.
2. Community Based Addons A3 required
Check here at the First Post for official updates. I do not think your notifications will alert you if you are following through a subscription. You may have to check-back in from time to time. I will be adding and setting up an Armaholic account soon as well.
-Map Supported: Stratis
-Map Supported: Altis
-Map Supported: Chernarus
-Map Supported: Utes
-Map Supported: Proving Grounds
-Map Supported: Takistan
-Map Supported: Zargabad
-Map Supported: Desert
-Map Supported: Isla Duala
-Map Supported: Shapur
-Map Supported: Fallujah
-Map Supported: Afghan Village
-Map Supported: F.A.T.A Pakistan
-Map Supported: Thirsk
-Map Supported: Thirsk (winter)
-Map Supported: N'Ziwasogo
-Map Supported: Dariyah
-Map Supported: Kalu Khan
-Map Supported: Wamako
-Map Supported: Sturko
-Map Supported: Everon 2014
-Map Supported: Isola Di Capraia
To design and build a desk/office that you will check into to see IF there are any C-130 Flights to catch a ride on and request a flyover of a potential AO. The request will be either accepted or denied. You will have to fill-out some paperwork and request the route and altitude over the hostile territory. This will likely be in v2 if I have time.
UPDATE: Part of this was pushed up into v1.1 and is now included due to high demand. I have other Mods coming where it wasn't necessary to Map-Click your JumpPoint since you'd already be near the AO through a Mission Generator.
I forgot that this part of the project was still unreleased and Altis is so freaking huge if playing on your own Maps/Missions/Setup.
Credits & Thanks:
*BIS - for an amazing hobby!
*dr_strangepete - early stages and gear-saving
*cobra4v320 - early stages and gear-saving
Several virtual soldiers were killed in the making of this Mod. For Sale: Used Parachute; never opened; small stain. Oh, and... Use-At-Your-Own-Risk! I'm not a professional programmer.
*PRIVATE USE ONLY! Any changes or alterations, in whole or in part, in ANY way; is strictly forbidden. Use At Your Own Risk.
(In other words, DO NOT make money off this. And never ever re-release to the public if changes are made. Share in private only, or post suggestions, code, ideas, etc. in forums. Thank You.)
- NEW: added support for C-17!
- NEW: added support for IL-76 (limited; not recommended)
- Map Supported: Isola Di Capraia
- tweaked Crate (was sunken)
- Signed: Yes; Server Keys Included
- Added: H.A.L.O Crate
- Added: Altimeter (separate object)
- Tweaked: reBreather System
- Tweaked: Misc. Code & EFX
- Changed: Name - VQIHALO1 -> VQI_HALO_C130
- NEW: Para System: Lower-Level Jumps! (no special HALO equipment needed)
- Map Supported: Fallujah
- Map Supported: Afghan Village
- Map Supported: F.A.T.A Pakistan
- Map Supported: Thirsk
- Map Supported: Thirsk (winter)
- Map Supported: N'Ziwasogo
- Map Supported: Dariyah
- Map Supported: Kalu Khan
- Map Supported: Wamako
- Map Supported: Sturko
- Map Supported: Everon 2014
- Sound: Tweeked
- Added: HALO Equipment into C130
- Added: Map-Click Flight option!
- Added: Wait for GREEN/GO, or off-course!
- 1st or 3rd-Person Now Ready!
- Sound: tweaked some files
- Sound: Added another Open Chute
- Sound: Added different Wind/Air
- Removed Debug Hints
- License added to clarify
- Misc code & mission tweaks
- fixed config/uniform issue
- added classname.txt File
- Updated: Test/Example Editor-Mission
- Night JumpLighting in C-130 (random)
- Maps Supported: Stratis
- Maps Supported: Altis
- Maps Supported: Chernarus
- Maps Supported: Utes
- Maps Supported: Proving Grounds
- Maps Supported: Takistan
- Maps Supported: Zargabad
- Maps Supported: Desert
- Maps Supported: Isla Duala
- Maps Supported: Shapur
- Added NATO Wetsuit to pass inspection
- Updated: Jumpmastre Chat (still WIP)
- Updated: Crewmastre Chat (still WIP)
- Added: NightLightng for Ground C-130
- Added: Lighting Button for Ground C-130
- Tweeked Fogged & Ice Crystals layers
- Crate Updated (Black Ops [Temp] - WIP)
- Code Tweeked for C-130 on USS Nimitz
- Added: Flight/Jump Marker (Jumpmastre)
- Added: more Audio Files! (Server/SP)
- Increased Cargo Capacity in Rebreather (to simulate tying things on maybe)
- Added: Compass Arrow (still WIP)
- Fixed Sound (echo issues)
- Numerous Minor Code Tweeks
- first public release
- BI forums
- Community Base addons A3