released an updated version of his Sniper/Marksman Pack
on the BI forums
This weapons pack contains different sniper/marksman rifles from Arma 2.
More stuff incoming! Rather than a "1.2" release, I am going to treat this like a "2.0" due to the amount of content that's been added since the original V1.0 release. Done testing with both ammoboxes and gear scripts etc and haven't found any errors or missing things, let me know if I've missed something. Feedback/suggestions and what not is welcome as always. The complete pack right now includes 9 different rifle types and a total of 30 model options in addition to 11 different scopes and 3 silencers.
- Added AAC Cyclone 7.62 suppressor in Black/Camo/Ghillie.
- Added M24 in 5 different versions, including Ghillie.
- Added CZ750 in 3 different versions, including Ghillie.
- Added AWM .338 in 3 different versions, including Ghillie.
- Added M14 in Wood/Black/Green.
- Added AW AS50.
- Added AN/PVS-4
- Added AN/PVS-10
- Added AN/PVS-10 Green
- Added AN/PAS-13V1 "LWTS"
- Added AN/PAS-13V2 "MWTS"
- Added Leupold Mark 4 LR/T w/ DeltaPoint
- Added Leupold Mark 4 LR/T w/ DeltaPoint & Ghillie
- Added .338 magazine for AWM.
- Updated M14 DMR animations to properly hold pistol grip.
- Updated weight to more realistic values.
- Updated various config entries/things all over that i can't remember at this point.
Written on 2014-07-24 by Trixie
RG Beats submitted
his United We Stand single player campaign
United We Stand is a Single player Campaign trying to bridge the valley between cinematic and realistic gamers.
This set of missions is meant to be difficult yet fun, with a flow similar to the Bohemia Campaign.
United We Stand:
You play are Sergeant Archer an experienced Demolitions Expert and Engineer who is deployed to Fort Ethos in Zargabad.
Zargabad is currently under civil unrest as the Vice President of Afghanistan Saaed Akram continues to fund his luxurious lifestyle at the expense of the local population.
Taliban forces are using this as excuse to recruit and cause harm to the locals.
Parts of the city are now heavily influenced by the Taliban and its NATO'S task to suppress and extinguish any power the Taliban have over Zargabad.
- Voice Acting
- Original Soundtrack
- Automated level progression
- Working mission select and overview screen.
I hope many of you have already noticed but we have a new .net fileserver in place. You should all be seeing some really good downloadspeeds on any of our download links.
This new server replaces the oldie we have been using since 2008. Yes that is correct, we use (read abuse) all hardware we buy for as long as possible as running things here is not cheap.
First that server was used to host the Armaholic.com website on but when we bought a new server to host the sites we started using it as one of our main file servers.
The new file server is prepared for our future plans. Yes we do have those, no matter the activation of the Steam Workshop. In the background we are working very hard on our new website, which however sadly due to some personal health issues is massively delayed, and once that goes live we will further inform you of what you can expect from our website and services.
We have huge plans and this new file server is just our first step.
We might have something interesting to offer sooner, but it depends wether we find it worthy to include in the current website.
We have been saving money for this new server for many months as specs like these cost a lot, but in our opinion it is money well spend! Here is a short specs list so you get an idea of what you are going to abuse:
- Intel Xeon E5-2630
- 32GB Memory
- Hardware RAID10
- 1x drive for OS
- 4x 1TB SSD
The server has been hosting all your requests since last night and although we are now running at over 400MB/s bandwidth (and this is not the most busy time) I am happy to say the server does hardly notice you are all there downloading our files. So, its looking good in the sense of being able to fullfill all your needs regarding the content we host!
This new server together with the French (.fr) server we use to host files should be good enough to support us for a long time and we can even expand it if its needed.
We try to never ask for donations where it is not really needed cause as you all know we use ads on our website which cover the expenses we make. Without those ads we could never offer you the service we do these days, we hope most of you realise that!
But this new piece of hardware is going to set us back financially big time.
So, here we are and we ask everyone who would like to and is financially able, to donate some money which we can use to pay the first bill for this server (purely the setup costs).
Click the picture to donate using Paypal!
We thank you for your support!
from the J-SERE Development Team submitted
an updated version of the Redressing Script
This script allows for a mission developer to essentially dress units to his/her liking, from insurgent armies, to just about anything. This script is, as far as our testing can tell, mod friendly all you need are the classnames.
- Added a goggles array for more redressing options.
Written on 2014-07-23 by JShock
released an updated version of his Arma Server Monitor tool
on the BI forums
Quote Fred41 :
ASM is a little program, for monitoring some interesting values from multiple server (or HC) instances.
Different performance related values are displayed, simultaneously for multiple (up to 4) server instances, in a window.
The idea behind it, is to provide a fast and easy "state of health" overview at one go.
- changed library name for callextension commands, in fn_ASM.fsm, to lowercase
Written on 2014-07-23 by Fred41
released an updated version of the PKM and Pecheneg
, which he ported from Arma 2, on the Armaholic forums
I'm releasing a quick port of the PKM and PKP.
I don't think i'm going to do any other modifications unless something gets broken or stats don't fit the game.
If you find any issues please let me know!
Phoenix of Zulu-Alpha submitted
an updated version of his ZAM - Zulu-Alpha Modifications
which he released on the BI forums
This is a package of mods that my group has been using for a little over a year now that we have decided to release to the public (after polishing), with the highlight mod being ZAM shownames, which deserved it's own video. This is a modular package of independent mods with individual descriptions below.
- zam_shownames:Factors such as time of day, fog, non optical zoom, group membership, ranks, line of sight and voice are taken into account in order to make recognition as realistic as possible.
Shows the names of nearby players when you hold down the useraction key.
Used to tap another player on their shoulder. You will be notified of their name and they will be of yours as well.
Saves the client's state to the server for their current game to allow restoring to near (if not absolutely) exact previous state, to provide protection against client crashes.
- zam:- Changed the way the config is handled completely. You need to make sure you have the new one.
- Added option to use key as toggle.
- Added singleplayer support
- Fixed zero divisor error with null check
- Fixed userconfig mess
informed us he released an updated version of his Co-op Mission Framework and SQF Library
on the BI forums
Ladies and gentlemen, Armaholics of all ages, I am proud to present a work over a year in the making: Zenophon's ArmA 3 Co-op Mission Framework. My framework is a library of over 190 SQF functions organized into a carefully designed API that is both easy to use and extremely powerful. The functions cover everything from manipulating arrays to an extensive task system. Each one has been meticulously designed and tested to provide useful features with minimal bugs and issues. The framework is designed so that each function is a logical building block that achieves a straightforward effect. The strength of the framework is that each small part fits together neatly with others, allowing you to quickly implement your mission design intuitively.
The framework works with any map and requires no addons. It is compatible with any mod because you choose which functions execute. There is effectively no performance impact to compile the entire framework, and every function has been diligently optimized. All 150 public functions are also carefully documented in an exacting style, and many resources are provided to help you learn to use the framework.
The framework is created with these goals in mind:
- Simple co-op fun for both players and mission makers
- Bottom-up design using flexible pieces that you control
- Truly random and dynamic missions without extra work for mission designers
- Procedural mission design instead of manual placement using the editor
- Eliminating large, static functions with assumptions about what you want in your mission
- Server-oriented execution to create more efficient multiplayer missions
- A simplification of locality and interacting with clients in multiplayer
- A solid, powerful, and bug-free library to use as a foundation for your own code
- New Function: Zen_FindRoadDirection
- Fixed: Zen_AreUnitsTasksComplete was case sensitive for task names and states
- Fixed: Zen_ArraySort duplicated some elements and removed others
- Fixed: Zen_OrderVehicleMove did not use the move command properly if the given vehicle was grouped with others
- Fixed: Zen_OrderExtraction no longer allows the helicopter to run away when under enemy fire
- Fixed: Zen_SpawnParachute did not detach the object when the parachute reached a building's roof
- Fixed: Zen_UpdateTask displayed a duplicate 'Task Created' notification when a property other than the state of the task was updated
- Improved: Zen_AddEject, Zen_AddFastRope, Zen_AddGiveMagazine, Zen_AddLoadoutDialog, and Zen_AddRepackMagazines now use a custom color for their action text
- Improved: Zen_AddFireSupportAction, Zen_ShowHideMarkers, and various private functions now check for headless clients (HC)
- Improved: Zen_AddGiveMagazine, Zen_AddLoadoutDialog, Zen_AddRepackMagazines optimized by not giving actions to a dedicated server or HC
- Improved: Zen_CreateObjective 'convoy' objective now rotates the convoy on the road to best face their destination
- Improved: Zen_GiveLoadoutBlufor and Zen_GiveLoadoutIndfor now randomly give facewear to some loadouts
- Improved: Zen_OrderInfantryPatrolBuilding now has a parameter for AI behavior
- Improved: Zen_OrderVehicleMove logic for stopping the thread and vehicle improved
- Improved: Zen_SpawnAmbientVehicles now attempts to spawn vehicles at the side of the road, instead of the middle
- Improved: Zen_SpawnConvoy now spawns vehicles in an orderly line on the road and orders them to keep in formation
- Improved: Zen_SpawnParachute aesthetic quality of the parachute spawning and opening improved
- Improved: Zen_SpawnVehicle now forces flying objects (height > 2) to spawn at the exact given position
- Documentation: Fixed tutorial Altis Patrol group reinforcement function spawned unnecessary helicopters
- Documentation: Fixed tutorial Mission Briefing solution mission.sqm did not include some markers
- Documentation: Fixed tutorial Multi-Squad Objectives target vehicle did not get a crew
- Documentation: Added for Zen_FindRoadDirection
- Documentation: Added proper table of contents to Sample Missions readme.txt
- Documentation: Improved all Sample Missions with comments
- Documentation: Updated for Zen_OrderInfantryPatrolBuilding
released his G36 Pack Audio Fix
on the BI forums
This is a fix for the G36 Pack 2.0 - many Variants/AG36 - Optional JSRS and ASDG Compatible
I've updated the configs to the new audio system introduced in Arma3 v1.24.
- All silencer sounds fixed.
- fixed Sounds Since 1.24 Update
informed us he released an updated version RC30 of his Weapons Pack
containing different weapons on the BI forums
Quote EricJ :
This adds different weapons, magazines and items to your Arma 3.
- Fixed M249 Magazine entries in both configs
- Removed "No Bipod Config" due to redundancy and that the reference to TMR comes in the optional PBOs that come with it, so TMR is still an OPTIONAL requirement, NOT required, but most of the required PBOs are in the 7z file anyway just in case.
- Added Green, Red, and Yellow tracer magazines for the M249
Buy the ArmA series
51 members, 1126 guests :
, Delta Boy
, Rain Maker
, Sgt. Baker
, Snake Man
, U.M.P Preacher