released an updated version of his @Ares mod
, which adds a modules expanding Zeus functionality, on the BI forums
Ares is a mod aimed expanding the tools available to Zeus so that it is possible to create more varied and compelling missions. The goal is to add simple useful functionality to Zeus without requiring any extra mods running on other clients or the server.
Ares is designed to work with dedicated servers which may be running missions that allow JIP and respawn. The new functionality it is aimed at running with trusted players in a structured mission and is not recommended for general 'public server' play.
- Added an 'Add All ...' option to Arsenal that adds all items from loaded mods automatically.
- Behaviours:- Artillery targets are now named phonetically
- Add ability for players to 'Release' surrendered units. Can also be applied by Zeus when dropping the module on a surrendered unit.
- Don't allow the surrender module to affect players
- Fix an issue where units garrisoned on a roof would not stand back up when un-garrisoned until they completed rejoining the squad.
- Equipment:- Combined flashlight control modules into a single module. Added ability to apply to sides as well as groups.
- Combined Enabling & Disabling thermals into a single module. Added ability to apply to sides as well as groups.
- Created combined Enable/Disable NVG module. Added ability to apply to sides as well as groups.
- Fix an issue where the item under the mouse cursor wasn't always being detected correctly.
- Fixed minor UI issue where 'Cancel' text in dialogs was wrapping incorrectly.
- Removed defunct CFB_AG script
- Added ability for missions to specify custom reinforcement pools. See the wiki for details.
- Added ability to set default behaviour of troops after they unload from transport
- Added example scripts in the 'extras' folder showing how to define custom reinforcement pools.
- LZ's and RP's are now named phonetically
- Tweak the default reinforcement pools to include fewer 'Lite' soldiers
- Improved 'Teleport Group' and 'Teleport Single Unit' modules to not require teleporters.Util:
- Add more distance options when adding/removing objects from curator.
- Made behaviour of Copy/Paste dialog consistent on dedicated servers and local servers. You MUST copy and paste by hand in all cases now.