released an updated alpha version of his New York City, USA
on the BI forums
This map was previously released as "Governer´s Island, New York".
The terrain is 16km^2 big and keeps the original scale of the real world terrain.
Height: 4096x4096px (1px/m)
This map is a recreation of Governer´s Island, which is located right under New York´s financial district.
Governer´s Island served several different purposes and was opened to the public in 2003. Roughly ten yours later Governer´s Island was to receive a massive overhaul which is reflected in this Island as it was happening.
- Added:- More detail in Brooklyn and Manhatten
- More lights in Brooklyn and Manhatten
- Expanded Brooklyn
- Added flooded highway to Brooklyn
- Complete wall around Brooklyn
- Harbor posts near Manhatten International Terminal
- Changed:- Improved the satellite image
- Adjusted the height of the roof over the main pier of Liberty Island
- Changed the name of the terrain from "Governors Island, New York" to "New York City, USA"
- Metal bolards on Liberty Island that are sunk into the ground
- Small dirt path on Liberty Island