released in our forums
a new version of his first cooperative mission for Arma 3. Basically you just cruise around Altis, picking and choosing fights with what ever enemies you meet.
- Ambient Combat will no longer spawn AI within the starting area
- the vehicles at spawn no longer have an abandon timer
- six of the starting units now have preset loadouts.
this cooperative mission where you must free the city of Pyrgos from enemy forces.
Quote DeltaITA :
Simple coop mission for 1 - 6 players. You must free the city of Pyrgos from enemy forces. The town is divided in sectors. Every red squares means enemy activity inside. Expect lot of infantry and some armored vehicles. Respawn type BASE at north-east of the city. In the base you can find ammo crates and some vehicles (with respawn).AI activated. This is my first mission , so don't be too hard :)
released an updated version of his Russian Naval Infantry
on the Armaholic forums
This is a retexture of some Arma 3 assets to make them look like contemporary Russian Naval Infantry.
Quote Chairborne :
After so much time I'm giving this mod some restyling now that I have more assets to work on.
I've done several modifications (see changelog for a complete list), however there are a few more relevant than others:
- The mod should be now fully compatible with ZEUS.
- Both the infantry uniforms had some tweakings in the color.
- I added new helmet models to resemble the standard infantry 6B7 ones issued right now.
- I added a Machinegunner class with the PKP I released a few days ago.
All in all they have a pretty contemporary feel now.
This isn't any definitive version, i plan on making more changes along the way (soon, too).
I'm releasing it now in order to get feedback on the newly implemented features and clean it up if necessary.
- Reworked textures and uniforms
- Added 6B7 Helmet
- Added Machinegunner classes with PKP
- Showcase mission moved from inside the addon to a separate folder
- Main Battle Tank now named T-80UM2
- Updated CfgPatches for ZEUS/Curator compatibility
- Removed NVG from all units
- Soldiers now have randomized facewear with balaclavas and facemasks
- CfgGroups updated with vehicles
- Now dependent from @Cha_PKP addon
his Extra Groups addon
This addon adds some groups of units in order to make it a bit easier for zeus to put down a variety of groups without the need to place individual units, then trying to sync them into a group.
- 4 Groups for each primary faction (Supression group, HVT group, VR group, Army Reserves Group)
released an updated version of the MCo Rank Patches addon
on the Armaholic forums
A small addon using the new insignia system. We made this small addition to the game where it will automatically add ranks to all Infantry's shoulders (in all factions as of 1.1) in any mission where the mod is running. Now that it's been tested for couple of days to get optimum performance might as well give it to the community's use!
- Instead of Blufor it works for all factions now.
- Changed the default camouflage, added separate ones for all factions.
- Changes in the config to fully use CBA.
- Fixed a bug that effected performance when too many playable units are present.
- Changes in the infrastructure.
- Added a simple expansions menu picture and a link to this page.
released an updated version of his Tao Folding Map
on the BI forums
Quote Taosenai :
Tao Folding Map will allow you to toggle a usefully-large map anytime in game by pressing Shift-Map (default 'm'). It will automatically close when you open the big map or open your gear. Of course it does not restrict your movement or anything.
A paper version is also available via userconfig.
It is unique in that it is not centered on your current position. Instead, it is 'folded' into areas. This lets you keep a continuous perspective on the battlefield. The page is changed automatically when you cross over the edge.
You can zoom in and out by pressing Shift-Ctrl-Zoom In/Out (default 'Numpad +/-').
You can change to a night mode by pressing Shift-Ctrl-Nightvision (default 'n'). Sorry, the map is not perfect -- some colors are hardcoded it seems.
If you have a GPS or are playing on Regular or lower, your position will be shown. Map markers are shown.
Version 2.6.1 is released, which requires CBA 220.127.116.1123 RC3.
Added support for several new BI and community maps. Thanks to Gundy!
- CBA 18.104.22.16823 RC3 or later is required.
- Added scaling values for many new BI and community maps. Thanks to Gundy!! (Bukovina, PR FATA, Ft. Benning, Celle 2, Bystrica, Fallujah)
released an updated version of his Tao Modular Realism modification
on the BI forums
Quote Taosenai :
TMR is a modular, open-source modification for Arma 3 aimed at increasing realism and complexity without sacrificing engaging gameplay and accessibility. Currently it includes only a small number of features, but more are being developed. TMR is meant to be used in all environments: single player, multiplayer co-op, team vs. team, even open-world scenarios.
I am the king of rapid updates for stupid bugs, but at least I get some little new feature in each time.
Thanks to AW-Conroy for reporting the autorest directionality bug, which was the thoughtless result of an overenthusiastic last-minute optimization (which saved 0.06 ms!).
Quick barely-tested release to get some of these major issues sorted out. (By putting alpha at the end I allow myself to do this!)
There is also a CSO build for 0.5alpha3, though I have not had a chance to test it at all.
- Requires CBA 22.214.171.12423 RC3.
- Changed: ai - Machine gun bursts are shorter to better reflect a 6-9 round length. More adjustments are needed.
- Fixed: ai - TAR-21 now has correct firing modes.
- Fixed: hiteffects - Hilarious falldown slide when hit in a vehicle or turret removed.
- Added: hiteffects - Will disable the TMR falldown when tpwfall is loaded and enabled.
informed us he released his Infantry Occupy House Script
on the BI forums
This script teleports AI units into the nearest building at appropriate window positions. Units will stand and face the window so they can fire out of it. Units are moved to random windows every time. If there are enough units, every possible window will be covered; otherwise, you won't know where they are watching. When there are multiple possible windows to face, units will face one at random. Units will not be put at a window where something within 15 meters obstructs the view.
By using this script, you no longer have to manually place units at windows and struggle with the 2d editor. This script allows you to easily simulate the AI occupying buildings and defending their position realistically. It works for just a few units to surprise players, and on a large scale to put dozens of enemies into defensive positions all across a city.
The function is carefully optimized for almost no performance impact, allowing it to dynamically examine each position for the best possible results. There is no debug, argument checking, or defensive code, to make it as simple and fast as possible, so make sure the arguments are correct.
informed us he released an updated version of his VQI - SpectreSniper addon
on the BI forums
This Sniper System will immerse the player into a scout/sniper roll. There will be several different elements to this project with the emphasis on Training, Camouflage, and Stalking the Objective. "Ballistics" are a dime-a-dozen. This Mod takes you deeper into the realm of a deadly and mysterious Sniper!
A Sniper is a highly trained marksman who operates alone, in a pair, or with a sniper team to maintain close visual contact with the enemy and engage targets from concealed positions or distances exceeding the detection capabilities of enemy personnel.
In addition to marksmanship, military snipers are trained in camouflage, field craft, infiltration, special reconnaissance and observation, surveillance and target acquisition.
- Wind Direction
- Wind Strength
- Weather Data
- more coming...
I'm pretty sure I'm going to re-design this and go with a different setup. The current one is too sensitive to timing issues I think. V1 will rock!
I fixed several bug issues and shortened big parts of some the timing so you can test and use it much faster. I also built and put in a userconfig element so you can see just how it's "thinking" in the background. You can turn ON or OFF these DeBug Hints. The userconfig folder is in the Mod Folder.
- Fixed: several bugs
- Added: userconfig (debug)
- Removed: vqi_halo.pbo
Written on 2014-07-24 by Goblin
an "addon-free" version of his Takistan Insurgency
Quote Max Delaney :
This is my insurgency i created for ArmA 3 its on the ArmA 2 map of Takistan and has a feel of the good arma 2 days.
Also message me or tell me some other maps i could port over. One thing to note is that no ammo cashes are on the map as of yet ill think about adding some ammo cashes at a later date.
Buy the ArmA series
51 members, 1244 guests :
, buchy [2ndMEF]
, Pepe Hal