have released the Arma sample files
on the wiki
With the release of these sample files Bohemia have also released new licenses for when you use their property. More information about those licenses and how and when you should use them with your own releases can be found here: Community licenses
Bohemia Interactive a.s. released sample files and data from their games for the community, to learn from examples, base their own creations on the existing content and expand the Armaverse. These packs include configuration files, material files, 3d models, textures, animations as well as complete game data in the form of PBOs. The public data is released under Bohemia Interactive's content licenses, established to support the creative community evolving around its titles, and to set clear rules for the use of both Bohemia Interactive's and user-made content.
Note that previous releases of sample model packages are replaced by the new ones, with new licenses applied to the content.
The licenses cover the use of Arma data in community modifications and the modification of DayZ. All parts of publicly released data are released under one of the following licenses:The vehicles, weapons, characters and similar items are usually released under APL. Terrains, terrain objects, playable content and voiceovers are usually released under APL-SA, as it's in Bohemia Interactive's interest to keep further modifications of this data free to adapt. This is only general information; to check which license applies to particular Bohemia Interactive data, check the content of the package and the license and readme file attached. DML-SA covers further modifications of DAYZ Mod for Arma 2.
informed us he released an updated version of his Sneaky Hunter AI script
on the BI forums
Sneaky Hunter is an AI algorithm that simulates animal-like hunting behaviour of controlled unit against chosen unit(s).
Quote Rydygier :
Some time ago I thought, it would be fun to have AI, that will hunt down the player or other AI, cunning beyond simple "Where he is? There? Charge! Argh!". More complex, thorough simulation with many factors handled even for the price of extended CPU cost. Sometimes in such situations I just sit down and write the needed script, and have no peace until done. This is such case...
Code is experimental. Any feedback, ideas, opinions etc are highly appreciated!
- This code does some heavy calculations, was tested for single Hunter, and this is recommended number of controlled units.
- Sneaky Hunter AI is designated as opponent for player, but should work well also against AI. Was tested for single prey for now, but designed also for more.
- Hunter has to his disposal two customizable senses: sight and smell.
- Sight is specified by two parameters: light sensitivity and movement sensitivity. It decides, how easily Hunter will spot the Prey according on daytime, weather, size, speed, background (sky or not, surrounding terrain) and knowledge factor (memory).
- Smell helps to follow not visible Prey by its trail. Each Prey will leave "footprints", that Hunter can scent. Old footprints will be erased, also rain gives small chance for removing some parts of the trail. Smell (range) is strongly affected by wind (direction and strength).
- If there is no Prey nor trail known, Hunter will loiter randomly.
- If Hunter see the Prey, his behaviour depends on situation. His goal is surprise attack, preferably from behind. Will charge anyway if close, but otherwise will approach, fast or stealthy, only when flanking the Prey (out of Prey's FOV). If catched in the FOV, depends on situation can hide low and not move or run out of LOS, then try to outflank keeping out of sight (heaviest calculations here including sector-based LOS analyze and pathfinding).
- Is most dangerous at night, in the dense forest when visiblity is poor.
- Hunter strikes with bare hands (melee).
the Simple Airstrike Script
by him and Pizzadox
This script allows you to simply call in airstrikes by using the action menu (scrollwheel).
Current stryke packages are:
- 1x GBU 12 (strikes within 1x1m area)
- 2x GBU 12 (Strikes within 1x1m area)
- 4x GBU 12 (strikes within 50x50m area)
- 8x MK82 (Strikes within 50x50m area)
his USMC Sahrani Base template
Quote Garverick :
A Base for USMC located on the Southwest airfield of Sahrani equiped with 31 Different Infantry Units, 11 Light vehicles, 4 Light Armor , 2 Heavy Armor, 1 Artillery Vehicle, 10 Aircraft including 6 Rotary Wing and 4 Fixed Wing.
his BAF Forward Operating Base Pouncer template
This FOB contains multiple heli-pads, a medical tent, vehicle storage area, automatic entrance/exit gate and barracks.
released an updated version of his Civilian assassins script
on the Armaholic forums
This script will increase the tension while you and your teammates meet civilians not knowing their intensions.
Quote wolfenswan :
Urban combat against regular forces is fun, but what's even more fun is the tension of not knowing if those angry looking civilians are harmless or carrying heat.
This script allows you to turn either specific civilians, all civilians in the mission and/or all civilians spawned by the ALICE module into hidden sleepers (with either a fixed or random chance of triggering).
They will wait until either a set amount of units of a specific site OR a specific unit (a VIP for example) are in their trigger-area and will then engage the target after a short while.
There is no way of telling if a civilian is dangerous or not from a distance as they are considered "civilian" in in-game terms until the moment they pull a gun (where the script adds them to a group of the opposing faction).
- changed how the A3 civilians engage
- updated the way skill works
released an updated version of his Cockpit Loadout Selection script
on the BI forums
Quote eggbeast :
Here's a little script I'm working on for Arma2 and 3 aircraft to have armoury loadouts manually selectable from the cockpit, while stationary in the friendly airbase.
It is pretty simple and allows you to choose for a range of standard mission functions for every aircraft type.
- a few fixes
- F18/F14/Su33 added
released an updated version for the Arma 3 version of his Garrison script
on the Armaholic forums
This script will allow you to make a more lively urban environment.
The script is available in both an Arma 3 as well as an Arma 2 version! The Arma 2 version has not been updated.
Quote zorilya :
This script will allow you to make a more lively urban environment where you have to check every window and door in every house rather than having in the back of your mind 'it's arma, AI don't go in buildings very well'. the units you put into buildings will remain there pretty well under fire but if you get bogged down they will come to you so bust in a clear 'em out.
You can also use this to liven up a patrol route by setting the waypoint init with the script so the group gets there and garrisons a nearby building.
- Version 1.7.1:- Fixed: Stupid doStop removed that was making units unable to complete waypoints if using CQC_AI
- Added: extra parameter to control if CQC_AI is applied to all units or just Garrisoned Units
- Version 1.7:- Added: whole new CQC_AI; // Many thanks to TPW for the ideas for LOS checks
- Added: TOO MANY THINGS TO COUNT. many different functions to improve moving, reacting, and patroling.
- Added: ability for the use of waypoints to Garrison and unGarrison buildings (using above mentioned method);
- Fixed: 3 major while loops that would under certain circumstances loop indefinately.
- Improved: performance through numerous reworks of functions.
released an updated early wip version of his AI Carrier Flight Operations script
on the BI forums
AI Carrier Flight Operations is a launching and recovery of aircraft on USS Nimitz Aircraft Carrier script.
This test mission requires John Spartan's F/A 18
, Meatball's F/A 18
and yurapetrov's seahawk
- Fix to repair point check. I was removing fuel then checking if less than .5 - corrected check.
- Changed all variables in case other mods were using same generic "names" - now all are preceeded by CFO_ "CFO_radio", "CFO_vertical", etc.
- Changed request for landing to check if more than one plane landing on Nimitz, and wait until second plane is in final approach.
- Corrected check for helicopter/VTOL landing.
- Changed LandedStopped eventHandler to remove the EH index before the most recently added if the count was > 0.
- Removed Rube library folder.
- Removed "leftover" USN_FP from mission.
his Combat Outpost Position "WOLF5" template
Quote Ei8ght :
Here is my latest creation for Arma2 OA the COP "WOLF5",on one of the best map : ALIABAD by McNools.
It is a great little COP for Tvt, Coop and Defense missions.
Little dedication to a good friend WOLF5.
- removing dependence with ACE
Written on 2013-07-31 by Ei8ght
Buy the ArmA series
|Integrate everything, Steam rocks!
|For missions the SW is great, but please no addons and mods on SW!
|BI better make it work right, I think I will like it
|Steam Workshop sucks, get rid of it as soon as possible.
|Only registered users can rate items.
View all polls
16 members, 578 guests :
, Dirty Harry