Phantom Six released in the BI forums this cooperative mission where you have to eliminate all targets in Nagara without being detected.
Quote Phantom Six : Kill all targets in Nagara without being detected.
One guy watch the satcom and report, other guy move in and kill.
If you are detected, eliminate all targets in Nagara plus the reinforcements.
Burdy released in the BI forums an update for this open world type COOP Mission for UNSUNG that encourages realistic era based tactics where the players have to coordinate together and patrol two separate zones looking for both a rouge South Vietnamese soldier and a VC civilian.
Redid whole framework to make mission more Serverside based and more JIP + MP Friendly (hence the week long delay of the update)
Tweaked Daynight Cycle - now 30 min Day 30 min Night
Fixed many bugs including JIP oriented bugs and FOB spawning issues
Tweaked number of enemies, added respawn for some enemy AI
Added AI Artillery
Added Demonized "AISoldierFlare 1.3" Script
Added MHQ in the form of an APC that respawns
Added parameters to the mission so instead of three separate versions, only one now
Removed napalm dropping Planes + Helicopters. Caused ArmA 2 fire bug when JIP
Added the ability to recruit AI outside of the FOB via APC (recruiting inside the fob leads to them not being able to leave - so only use recruiting at the inside flagpole for defending!)
Fixed Outposts wrongly displaying when they have and haven't been overran
Quote Churrofighter : "War in Vietnam (WIT): Operations Iron Rain" is a cooperative mission that takes place in Vietnam. U.S. forces are trying to establish a semblance of peace by blocking the vietcong who roam the jungle. The North Vietnamese army supports the vietcongs that will combat ARVN forces in the south.
Quote eggbeast : - a whole series of authentic aircraft, with 6 combat role loadouts each, afterburners/thrusters and wheelbrakes, fully functional period carrier
- choppers and planes have shelldrop on all guns - see the brass falling from each door gun, choppers and spotter planes also have smoke, grenades and illumination flares
- authentic choppers, tanks, trucks and jeeps, featuring some incredibly detailed models, effects, textures and sounds that immerse you in the Vietnam conflict.
- 100+ vietnam era weapons, some with working bayonets, 12 types of grenade with different realistic characteristics - life-savers in the jungle!
- Tank, aircraft and artillery ammunition of the era: canister, white phosphorus, APERS-T, Shillelagh, AP-T, HE, HEAT, HEO, Napalm, clustermines and clusterbombs
- All kinds of nefarious punji traps, tripwires, snakes and sharks to harass your patrols.
- Factions include VC, NVA, CIDG, Marine Force Recon, Special Forces Groups, US Infantry and Marines, Artillery, Aircrew, Patrol Boat Riverine crew, and Long Range Recon Patrols.
- 9 stunning new islands - Phu Bai, Mekong Delta, Lowlands, Southeast Asia, MBG Vietnam, Cao Bang, Plei Trap Valley, Ia Drang Valley and Dong Ha.
- Built-in AI speak, use your ears and walk on patrol - don't run or you may overlook a VC sitting in a tree or spiderhole
- Authentic unit clutter (condoms, magazines, flashlights, smokes, manuals of the era, psy-ops pamphlets, bug-spray etc etc)
- Full 3 dimensional warfare - sniper trees, spider-holes, bunkers and tunnels, traps everywhere! Which way should you look? everywhere!
- A fantastic "no-nightvision" war-game experience with soldiers resorting to old school night tactics: flashlights, illumination rounds, flares, trip flares, roving searchlights, vehicle lights and (not to be underestimated) moonlight...
- Unique to Arma 2 - close quarters combat with screw-on silencers, knives, bayonets and rifle butts... sneak up on the enemy and take him out the old fashioned way...
- A huge array of boats to do battle in the many river networks provided
Duke Gannon has been implementing taxes too much and your town has enough. The church isn't helping either since they're corrupt.
It is time to fight back against these tax collectors, corrupted church, and assassinate Duke Gannon.
Russian at Montignac has violated a peace treaty according to Colonel Shepard. They have bombarded food supply convoy and other humanitarian aid. Colonel Shepard has sent us to liberate Montignac.
Rolling Over Xmas:
Colonel Shepard gave his black ops men new improved armor Abram tanks.
Use the tanks and create carnage on Russian forces, Americans who survived Shepard's onslaught, and locals.
vincentz released in our forums a new version of this gamemode mission for Arma 2: Combined Operations. If you try this mission leave your feedback in the forum thread.
Quote vincentz : FMA or Full Metal Arma is a lot of stuff. It is a gamemode and a mission. It is "Kill the VIP", "Capture the Island", "Warfare", "Hold the Base", "Seek and Destroy", "Air Combat simulator" and general patrolling on the beautiful island of Lingor all at once. For now it is only singleplayer, but for players to be able to respawn, as well as adjust through MP Game Parameters (see picture) it have to be run through Multiplayer.
All in all I'd like to call it "A random battlefield generator", because everything is randomized, which makes it optimal for replayability.
F.ex. the enemy squads amount are randomized, their placement is randomized, the number of soldiers in the squad is randomized, each squads soldiers class is randomized, each soldiers skills are randomized, the squads waypoints are randomized, the squads role is randomized. And that is just for the infantry Add planes, helicopters, spec ops, tanks, static defenses, light vehicles, factories and lots more, and you have Full Metal Arma.
ckolonko released his first public mission in the BI forums.
Quote ckolonko : Hi,
This is the first mission I have posted online.
The mission sees you leading a BAF infantry section through a patrol of the Zargabad countryside in search of the Takiban. You will have to keep an eye out for ambushes as well as Takiban patrols and read the situation on the ground.
I have tried to add a lot of variety to the mission and it should play out differently each time you play it. On average the mission should take around 30-40 minutes to complete and is aimed at those who like a bit of realism.
The mission is based on a number of books I have read about the British Army in Afghanistan and is meant to represent a counter insurgency patrol against the Taliban.
I used Drapers Air Support 1.3 and the amazing UPSMON script in this mission.
Copyright (c) 2006 - 2014 www.armaholic.com All Rights Reserved.
Armed Assault, ArmA: Combat Operations, ArmA: Queen's Gambit, Arma 2, Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead, Arma 2: Combined Operations, Arma 2: British Armed Forces, Arma 2: Private Military Company, Arma 2: Army of the Czech Republic, Arma 2: Reinforcements, Arma 2: Firing Range and Arma 3 are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bohemia Interactive a.s.