an updated version of his SPUNs Color Picker
This is a small tool which can help you converting colors into hpp format.
Quote spunFIN :
My buddy had hard time converting colors into format hpp files requires, so I made very simple color picker which allows user also to convert colors from different formats (including html, rgb, hex, and arma's hpp syntax).
It also has customizable palette table where user can set colors once he has adjusted them. Also alpha included.
This app is done with Flash (I know, not probably the best choise, but the only one I'm used to) and I really dont know if there already is something similar or if some of those dialog makers already includes something similar.
- version 1.2:
- Custom palette now saves and loads itself locally (SharedObject)
- version 1.1:
released his Arma Toolbox for Blender script
on the BI forums
This is an Arma 2 and Arma 3 exporter script which allows you to make addon in Blender without having to export them to 02 to get them to work in the Arma games.
Quote Alwarren :
The FHQ Arma Toolbox for Blender, as its name implies, is a set of tools for the free, open-source 3D modeller package Blender. It was written from scratch and currently is mainly an exporter for P3D files from within Blender, although I have plans to extend it further in the future.
The Arma Toolbox allows you to create models for the Arma games series (including Arma 2, Operation Arrowhead and Arma 3) from Blender. It currently doesn’t cover every aspect of the RealVirtuality engine, but can be used comfortably for most of the tasks associated with modding. I use it for my own weapon models, and as a matter of fact, I don’t need to pipe them through O2 anymore – Arma Toolbox is powerful enough to save my model directly from Blender and re-pack the addon with BinPBO.
- Sharp Edges. Sharp Edges are exported correctly by either flagging them as Sharp or using flat shaded. No need for edge splitting or for using another program to define smoothing groups.
- All-in-one editing. A single .blend file can hold all your model’s LOD’s, including Memory and Geometry. For example, I use layers to organize my models, with the render LOD’s in layers 1 to 5, the Pilot View in layer 6, shadow volumes in layers 7 and 8, Geometry in layer 9 and Memory in layer 10, but you can have your LODS anywhere, even all in one layer.
- Specific Arma Properties. The Arma Toolbox adds extra properties to your objects like Named Properties and Mass.
- Support for Named Selections. Vertex Groups are exported as named Selections, along with vertex weigts.
- Support for face textures and rvmats. Blender’s internal materials are extended to carry extra information on face textures and rvmats.
released his EM RPT Viewer
on the BI forums
Quote StatusRed :
I decided to start working on an ArmA 2 / ArmA 3 RPT reader that will work in Windows, Linux and Mac. This reader allows you view the logs of any ArmA 2 / ArmA 2 game server that allows public access to it’s log file.
- Multi-platform; works in Windows, Linux and Mac
- Every other line in the RPT output is coloured to make it easier to read
- Add / remove servers on the fly
- Choose between raw or wounds output
- Set individual timezones for each server (format: Continent/City)
released an updated version of his Battleye Extended Controls tool on the BI forums
Bec is a admin tool for ArmA2/OA/CO dedicated servers for Windows that has enabled Battleye.
Quote nuxil :
This is a server application only, no install requirements are necessary client-wise.
Basically what Bec does, is giving you the Battleye-power conveniently on the ArmA2/OA/CO-chatline in-game.
Bec is a multi-admin tool, you can define as many admins you want, there is no limit on the number.
You are able to define many custom commands and permissions to several different admin levels.
Bec also have the option to use a global ban list, but you will need an account for this to be enabled.
When this is enabled, Bec will report hack to a central ban database, it will also check players guid against it upon connection to the game.
Final Release For Arma2/OA Version 1.49.8!
I took myself some time and did update Bec a bit and added in some of the requests I have gotten.
This will be the last version I do for ArmA2/OA unless this has a bug that causes major meltdown.
- Fixed: !ainf listed all admin who had been connected instead of only online admins.
- Improved: ts3 messages will now also contain ip address.
- Fixed: Using !kid & !bid could sometimes kick, ban wrong players.
- Added: loadadmins to the command file. reloade the admin file ingame if it has been changed after bec restarted, See commands.xml for example
- Added: loadcommands to the command file. reloade the command file ingame if it has been changed after bec restarted, See commands.xml for example
Dedicated server running on Windows.
You might also need Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package.
released an updated version of his Java IDE "IDEA" - SQF language plugin
on the Armaholic forums
Quote Amra :
Besides my SQF Editor you can also try SQF language plugin for Best Java IDE "IDEA".
What is done at the moment:
1. syntax highlightning (keywords, commands for Armed Assault, Arma 2 and Arma 3 local and global vars, comments etc)
2. code completion suggestions (via Ctrl+Space)
Also, Redmine and Git support are already built in IDEA (Integration with ITS).
- custom module ("New project" -> "Sqf empty module")
- Sqf file (rick click Project -> "New" -> "Sqf script")
- option for custom colors ("File" -> "Settings" -> "Editor" -> "Colors & Fonts" -> "Sqf"). .kju, it's possible to colorize global variables now
- .kju, files/folders are not separated by case
- brace matching
I'm going to implement grammar parser which will allow me also to implement code folding. Will try to make i0n0s arma pastebin support with another plugin.
released TroopMon3 for Arma 2 on the BI forums
TroopMon3 is a mission observation tool which allows you to closely inspect every unit/thing in the game.
Quote Charon Productions :
The GUI allows for very intuitive unit selection even in high Unit-count battle situations, selections can be made with the mouse. All status data can be shown or hidden by little toggle switches.
This is TroopMon3 for Arma 2.
TroopMon1 was first written for ArmA1 way back and served many mission makers to debug their missions.
TroopMon2 then followed for Arma 2.
TroopMon3 is a reworked version of TroopMon2, that I decided to write to more efficiently debug the undead2 mod.
It was completely re-written and narrowed down to essential features for best performance.
What TroopMon3 for Arma2 does:
TroopMon3 is a GUI for Arma2 that is designed to help mission makers to precisely monitor the combat behaviour of the placed units in their missions.
Lost, inactive or ineffective combatants are easily identified to raise the quality of a mission and achieve mission objectives with a minimal troop-count.
Missions with uncertainty about the location of the involved units are a thing of the past.
- A camera with 6 View modes:2. Free camera mode that can be positioned around the watch-unit
1. A fixed 3rd Person view
3. A gunner's view through the ironsights of the watch-unit's weapons.
4. A 1st person view to find out where the watch-unit is looking at.
5. A 3rd person view that cycles through a random selection of units.
primarily, units that are in combat are shown.
6. A more cinematic camera motion view of randomly chosen units
- Agents, Triggers, Buildings, Things and Locations can now also be observed
- Units and waypoints can be moved on the map
- Total overview of all mission relevant AI variables. Crucial battle data is constantly updated such as:with the ability to switch the view to that enemy to evaluate it.
- which enemy is targeting the watch unit
- which enemy is the assigned target of the unit
A new feature is that you can monitor freely assignable variable values from the namespace of each individual unit which is invaluable if you use such kind of variables a lot and must find out what value a certain unit has in a specific situation.
Also you can use the page number 10 to display values during the execution of TroopMon3 that you choose via your own scripts.
released the EPM RCon Tool
by Uncle Dave
on the BI forums
This is a tool to help manage your Arma 2 server.
Quote cortez471 :
Due to a bug in the BattlEye API your server may crash if you request a ban list that contains more than 3000 bans.
Please post your bug reports/comments/discussions/feature requests on the forum.
- Resizeable and easy to use Chat/Log Box with 3 tabs (All, Chat, and Log) and a search function.
- Resizeable and sortable table of players.
- Send global message.
- Send private message to player.
- Ban player with variable length. (Works even if they disconnect while you're typing your reason)
- Kick player.
- Add ban.
- Reload bans.
- Table of bans.
- Remove ban.
- DNS Support.
- Reload Scripts & Events.
- Log saving.
- Toggle-able timestamps.
- Lock & Unlock.
- Get and set Max Ping.
- Global database of players.
- Local database of players.
- Auto log saving.
informed us he released an updated version of his Armarize tool
on the Armarize website
This tool will take care about almost everything so you can just play the game.
Quote Nilmerg :
The ArmA3 alpha is finally out and one third of the community curses BI for how we open our "g"ear by default, another third thinks the splash screen should state that its "madness" when they look at the bug tracker and the remaining third happily plays the game. While I am part of the remaining one I have adjusted Armarize besides so that it supports ArmA3 natively.
But there are also some bugfixes and improvements included in this update because not everything worked well after the update to v1.4. Especially the synchronisation should run much smoother as its a bit more obstinate in case a mirror does not answer right away.
- Feature: Added native support for ArmA3.
- Bugfix: Crash when connecting to a server via manual mod selection where mods are running which are broken on the client side.
- Bugfix: The Operation Arrowhead beta patch will not be marked as broken anymore after an update or repair.
- Bugfix: Crash when starting a synchronisation while Armarize is running without administrator rights.
- Bugfix: Crash when trying to delete a profile within the server browser while no profile exists.
- Bugfix: Searching for a player aborted a running browser refresh.
- Improvement: Added possibility to change the loadorder with drag and drop when connecting to a server via manual mod selection.
- Improvement: When the network utilisation is set to "Next to nothing" it is now possible to abort a running browser refresh.
- Improvement: The synchronisation is now a bit more tolerant in case the mirrors are overloaded where it tries to connect to.
released an updated version of his SQF Syntax Highlighter
for Sublime Text 2 on the BI forums
In this new version he has added all new Arma 3 scripting commands
Quote JonBons :
I use Sublime for a lot of my projects and I always wanted to be able to add syntax highlighting for sqf files, here is a package you can install in Sublime Text 2.
Let me know if you have any problems or if there are errors in the syntax highlighting.
released his ArmA 2 Addons Manager/Launcher
on the BI forums
Quote BlenderRus :
Automatic updater included
About half a year ago I started to create an application to simplify addons update procedure for one ACE PvP ArmA 2 server.
Before we used Yoma AddonSync so its compatible with Yoma repository servers.
Since that time I regularry updated it: improved functionality, UI, added new features, launcher, added English language UI support and so on...
- Addons Updater:- Compatible with Yoma AddonSync update servers
- Full MD5 file checksum generation with fast file compare option (for next addons check)
- Works with file attributes
- Check addons and update in two clicks
- Tushino Serious Games PVP server presets
- Arma 2 Launcher:- Fully compatible with all ArmA 2 versions (OA/CO/RFT)
- External addons support (for example you can use addons from your external HHD/SSD or USB drive)
- Steam compatible (also you can run ArmA 2 with stem overlay)
- Beta patch checker and update with one click (no need to download beta rar, extract and install)
- Automatically checks and creates ACE userconfig files
Russian and English User Interfaces
Windows 8 compatible
Buy the ArmA series
31 members, 836 guests :
, Evil Dave