his Ballistic Calculator
Quote Dust2Dust :
Calculator made in xlsx format using "steping method". User sets variables and calc gives bullet trajectory data.
Best for normalArma/ACE/reallife sight adjustment calculations.
- accomodates bullet, sight adjustment and environment data
- gives detailed trajectory data
- 4 additional calculators included: drag coeff,air friction,initial energy,unit
- metric units
informed us an updated version of the EPM RCon Tool
by Uncle Dave
has been released on the BI forums
This is a tool to help manage your Arma 2 server.
Quote cortez471 :
- General stability of the rcon has been improved. You will no long see random "Connection Lost" messages.
- Added a player note system to the private database
- Changed the way the "Test Connection" works for the TS3 Connection
released an updated version of his Battleye Extended Controls (B.E.C) tool on the BI forums
Bec is a admin tool for ArmA2/OA/CO dedicated servers for Windows that has enabled Battleye.
Quote nuxil :
Bec is a admin tool for Arma 2 series and Arma 3 dedicated servers for Windows that has enabled Battleye.
This is a server application only, no install requirements are necessary client-wise.
Basically what Bec does, is giving you the Battleye-power conveniently on the ArmA2/OA/CO-chatline in-game.
Bec is a multi-admin tool, you can define as many admins you want, there is no limit on the number.
You are able to define many custom commands and permissions to several different admin levels.
Bec also have the option to use a global ban list, but you will need an account for this to be enabled.
When this is enabled, Bec will report hack to a central ban database, it will also check players guid against it upon connection to the game.
Finally I got some time to update Bec.
Bec 1.59 will be the last version I do for a some time "maybe the last". The time has come to move on to other projects!
Make sure to read the changelog. if you are using plugins with version <=1.58. you might need to do some editing and or replace some files.
If I get the time I will do more documentation on plugins, but as for now best way is just to dig around in existing plugins.
- Fixed: names with spaces was stored wrong on event, connecting
- Fixed: Slotlimit was a bit buggy.
- Fixed: whitelist file with format ansi and utf-8 missed one line.
- Fixed: Some typos, "i bet there still are some".
- Fixed: And more misc code cleanup, not worth going into detail.
- Added: Extension check on the BEServer file.
- Added: --enc switch for startup. "use: chcp ,in cmd to get your active char table" default for bec is 65001. "experimental"
- Added: log plugins that starts.
- Added: Timeout setting in [misc], back by user request.
- Added: Exception block to rss plugin.
- Added: Status xml generator plugin.
- Added: Connectionlimiter plugin. this works the same way floodcontrol2 did in version 1.48
- Removed: LogDir removed from the config. the log directory will instead be same as your config name.
- Changed: Some varnames has been changed. will affect plugins.
Dedicated server running on Windows.
You might also need Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package.
Written on 2013-12-05 by nuxil
informed the community on the BI forums
he released updates and additions to his Mikero's Dos Tools
Quote Mikero :
The Dos Tool kit contains over twenty different exe's to ease the burden, chief among them:
- Powerful lintchecking
- Make and extract pbo's
The heart of all Dos Tools and Eliteness is dePbo.dll. This dll is in a continuous state of refinement, and has been consistenly upgraded for past 5 years. DePbo.dll is the 'driver' behind most of Mikero's tools.
It is intended to be a non-reinventing-the-wheel service so that any application can access one, well proven, decompression algorithm (eg), rather than re-writing or pasting the source code again and again into different exe's.
- updates to dep3d and friends (eliteness) for better decoding of arma3 p3d's
- pboProject which replaces BI's binPbo / AddonBuilder and builds islands 'correctly' The bis equivalents cannot do so without some serious stuffing about.
- improvements to deKey to ensure correct version2 bisign files (*some*) arma3 alphas were occasionally incorrect.
- small fixes to dews to properly decode (and encode) stereo channels. Eliteness now uses this decoder to autoplay wss files
Written on 2013-12-03 by mikero
an updated version of his SQL-Life stat save
using Arma2Net and Arma2MySQL.
Quote Linnet :
Hello there arma community, I've been working on a stat saver for life missions using Arma2Net (ScottNZ) & Arma2MySQL (Firefly2442), thanks to them for creating such awesome additions to the arma community!
Before I go any further I'd just like to say that the latest version has not yet been tested with a full server, so far only with 25-30 people however it worked rather well then. So if you are intrested in implementing this it might contain bugs, exploits or may not even work at all!
- Saves your inventory, bank account, licenses, streetrep
- Comes with a premade loading screen & dialog for stat saving.
- Save one car of your choice and puts it back in the impound lot after a restart.
- Insert has been improved to be more efficent.
Written on 2013-08-11 by Linnet
released his Arma Mission Briefing Conversion tool
on the BI forums
Quote firefly2442 :
Just a small program I put together for converting missions.
This program batch upconverts old OFP and Arma style missions to the new briefing system used in Arma2. It parses the briefing.html file and pulls out the appropriate sections and creates a briefing.sqf file. Debriefing is still kept and saved to a new briefing.html file.
It's mostly untested at the moment, although it seems to be able to run without any errors.
Hopefully this is helpful to someone who is nostalgic about all the great old missions that are out there. If anyone wants to add support to this program for converting from Arma2 to Arma3, I would certainly love to get a pull request on Github.
an updated version of his SPUNs Color Picker
This is a small tool which can help you converting colors into hpp format.
Quote spunFIN :
My buddy had hard time converting colors into format hpp files requires, so I made very simple color picker which allows user also to convert colors from different formats (including html, rgb, hex, and arma's hpp syntax).
It also has customizable palette table where user can set colors once he has adjusted them. Also alpha included.
This app is done with Flash (I know, not probably the best choise, but the only one I'm used to) and I really dont know if there already is something similar or if some of those dialog makers already includes something similar.
- version 1.2:
- Custom palette now saves and loads itself locally (SharedObject)
- version 1.1:
released his EM RPT Viewer
on the BI forums
Quote StatusRed :
I decided to start working on an ArmA 2 / ArmA 3 RPT reader that will work in Windows, Linux and Mac. This reader allows you view the logs of any ArmA 2 / ArmA 2 game server that allows public access to it’s log file.
- Multi-platform; works in Windows, Linux and Mac
- Every other line in the RPT output is coloured to make it easier to read
- Add / remove servers on the fly
- Choose between raw or wounds output
- Set individual timezones for each server (format: Continent/City)
released an updated version of his Java IDE "IDEA" - SQF language plugin
on the Armaholic forums
Quote Amra :
Besides my SQF Editor you can also try SQF language plugin for Best Java IDE "IDEA".
What is done at the moment:
1. syntax highlightning (keywords, commands for Armed Assault, Arma 2 and Arma 3 local and global vars, comments etc)
2. code completion suggestions (via Ctrl+Space)
Also, Redmine and Git support are already built in IDEA (Integration with ITS).
- custom module ("New project" -> "Sqf empty module")
- Sqf file (rick click Project -> "New" -> "Sqf script")
- option for custom colors ("File" -> "Settings" -> "Editor" -> "Colors & Fonts" -> "Sqf"). .kju, it's possible to colorize global variables now
- .kju, files/folders are not separated by case
- brace matching
I'm going to implement grammar parser which will allow me also to implement code folding. Will try to make i0n0s arma pastebin support with another plugin.
released TroopMon3 for Arma 2 on the BI forums
TroopMon3 is a mission observation tool which allows you to closely inspect every unit/thing in the game.
Quote Charon Productions :
The GUI allows for very intuitive unit selection even in high Unit-count battle situations, selections can be made with the mouse. All status data can be shown or hidden by little toggle switches.
This is TroopMon3 for Arma 2.
TroopMon1 was first written for ArmA1 way back and served many mission makers to debug their missions.
TroopMon2 then followed for Arma 2.
TroopMon3 is a reworked version of TroopMon2, that I decided to write to more efficiently debug the undead2 mod.
It was completely re-written and narrowed down to essential features for best performance.
What TroopMon3 for Arma2 does:
TroopMon3 is a GUI for Arma2 that is designed to help mission makers to precisely monitor the combat behaviour of the placed units in their missions.
Lost, inactive or ineffective combatants are easily identified to raise the quality of a mission and achieve mission objectives with a minimal troop-count.
Missions with uncertainty about the location of the involved units are a thing of the past.
- A camera with 6 View modes:2. Free camera mode that can be positioned around the watch-unit
1. A fixed 3rd Person view
3. A gunner's view through the ironsights of the watch-unit's weapons.
4. A 1st person view to find out where the watch-unit is looking at.
5. A 3rd person view that cycles through a random selection of units.
primarily, units that are in combat are shown.
6. A more cinematic camera motion view of randomly chosen units
- Agents, Triggers, Buildings, Things and Locations can now also be observed
- Units and waypoints can be moved on the map
- Total overview of all mission relevant AI variables. Crucial battle data is constantly updated such as:with the ability to switch the view to that enemy to evaluate it.
- which enemy is targeting the watch unit
- which enemy is the assigned target of the unit
A new feature is that you can monitor freely assignable variable values from the namespace of each individual unit which is invaluable if you use such kind of variables a lot and must find out what value a certain unit has in a specific situation.
Also you can use the page number 10 to display values during the execution of TroopMon3 that you choose via your own scripts.
Buy the ArmA series
33 members, 1116 guests :
, U.S. Navy SEALs