released an updated version of his Revive Script
for Arma 3, which he ported from Arma 2
, on the BI forums
Quote norrin :
I thought this was probably an appropriate day to start posting these. Over the next few weeks I'm hopefully going to post some of my scripts from Arma 2 that I have converted to work with Arma 3.
I've had a couple of people request this so the old dinosaur is back. Its essentially the old Arma 2 Revive v05 ported to work in Arma 3.
Its still a mess of code but as far as I can tell it seems to be working OK after the changes I have made.
In the archive is the old readMe and howTo, the only difference is if you want to use the "respawn at base add weapons" option then the format of the array is different and currently undocumented in the readMe - I'll get around to updating it some day.
Let me know if you run into any probs.
- version 0.43:- Error in revive_player.sqf fixed - this was causing a multitude of error reports in the dedicated server log
- Definitely fixed the pvEH.sqf error on a dedicated server
- version 0.42:- Fix for group members rejoining leader's group following revive identified by Southpaw51.
- Hopefully fixed the server bug related to JIP and respawn following death identified by [KH]Jman.
- Multiple errors in the vcl_respawn.sqf
- The carrying action should now work as it did in ArmA2
this "extended" Stratis island.
Quote afroVoodoo :
Did some work on Stratis map, added villages, some buildings, created new areas while improving some others. You can use this for your missions just don't forget to credit me.
Written on 2013-05-13 by Big
released an updated version of his INS Revive scripts
on the Armaholic forums
Quote naong :
This is event handler based revive system scripts. It based on R3F revive system. And it has insurgency style dead camera.
- added Xeno's Domination Squad Management script.
- added an option 'Player cannot respawn, if exist enemy units near player (Except BASE)'.
- added an option 'Push Boat'.
- added an option 'Flip Vehicle'.
- added an option 'UAV Delay Time'.
- added an option 'Enable UAV Setting Dialog'.
- added an option 'Allow map click UAV position'.
- added an option 'Default altitude'.
- added an option 'Default radius of the circular movement'.
- changed if you use 'BASE' respawn and 'Life Time' functions, when bleed time out you can't spectate friendly unit.
released an updated version of his AI Spawn Script Pack
on the Armaholic forums
Quote spunFIN :
I didn't find ACM from editor so I decided to do something "similar" and ended up building a pack of scripts I use in my own missions. These scripts can be called from init fields, Game Logics, triggers, almost from anywhere.
These are the 4 main scripts of current version:
Spawns random groups and vehicles around player/object and makes them patrol around it. Both teams can have both kind of armed choppers. You can define how many groups there is at the same time, how far they spawn, spawning delay, AI skill levels, do AI groups communicate, how far from "defined center" they dissapear, and other stuff.
Every vehicle is counted as one group, so if 'groups' argument is set to 2, there might spawn only 2 vehicles, eventhough vehicles spawns with 30% probability. Once group is dead or distance between group and center object is more than defined max distance, group will be deleted and new one is created. Groups will spawn equally for both teams.
AmbientCombat can also be deleted with external script, which has it's own features to offer you different solutions.
Fills area with units. You can define the area size, units side, does soldiers or ground vehicles or both spawn, will they stay still or patrol inside area, how much there will spawn units, AI skill levels, and other stuff.
Fills nearest building, OR all buildings in defined range, with soldiers. You can define side of soldiers, will they patrol or not, how will they patrol (only inside of building or also outside), spawning percentage, area radius, AI skill levels, and other stuff.
Spawns chopper which transports infantry group where ever you like and leaves after that. You can define side, does chopper land exactly on target or will it find suitable place, how far chopper comes from, from what direction it comes from, will it unload infantry group straight away or will it react against possible threats before that.
And for infantry group you can choose its target, which can either be a single marker, array of markers (if so, you can set it also to cycle these markers), or unit/object, group size, AI skill levels, and other stuff.
- fixed parameters - you dont need anymore to use all parameters
- replaced surfaceIsWater -loops with faster ones
- renamed reinforcementKA60.sqf as reinforcementChopper.sqf
- new parameter: type - you can now select any of the choppers in game (AH9 can also have 1 passenger)
- new parameter: captive - whole group is captive until chopper has landed (makes sure it wont get shot down "too early")
- new parameter: patrol - you can no disable infantrys patrol (handy if you want to join group to some other group)
- +commented place in script where you can easily write custom script to replace patrolling
- landing spot can now be: object/unit, marker, or position array
- patrol target can now be: unit/object, marker, array of markers, group, array of groups, or it can be directed to patrol-vD.sqf
- +new LV_fnc_follow.sqf, which has maximum patrol distance in cases of group/array of groups ("mDis0" in reinforcementChopper.sqf).
- ++there's commented places where max patrol distance fills up, so you can extend the script easily in those cases.
- fixed fillHouse error - when found only buildings which has no building positions
- new parameter in ambientCombat: patrol type - you can use the old method where units moves independently (doMove) to their target location, or you can make them use waypoints as group and define waypointType & waypointBehaviour.
- militarize.sqf: target -parameter can now be: unit/object, marker, or position array
- little fixes & cleanups
released his Basic Vehicle Respawn script
on the BI forums
Quote [EVO] Dan :
Since BIS has recently removed various scripting commands from the scripting library it has broken the old respawn script for vehicles. Therefore I updated an old one that I wrote as scripting practice some time ago. The original reason I wrote this was because I wanted better script performance because I never used all the extra functionality that Tophe's script gave you.
So far it will only do the basic respawn with a timer, no init commands will be passed to the script as of yet (I will probably add that in the next few days if I can get it to work satisfactorily). They will released as 2 different scripts so you will have a choice of how much functionality you want vs performance cost.
released his guide to Custom Weapons
for Arma 3 on the BI forums
Quote zachgibson22 :
I have just finished a 30 page guide to Making a Custom Weapon for Arma 3.
Here is what it contains:
• Chapter 1 How to export a weapon from 3DS Max (Same principals apply to other programs)
---I May Make a basic Video in the future for modeling and mapping a simple weapon if people would like me to
• Chapter 2 Setting Up Oxygen 2 and Buldozer (3d Viewer for O2)
---ehh I kinda cheated this part out…. Just a video from another user.
• Chapter 3 Oxygen 2 and TexView2
• Chapter 3.1 Importing a Model into Oxygen 2 (O2)
• Chapter 3.2 Setting up all the needed/relavent LODs- Resolution LOD, Memory, Geometry, Shadow, View Pilot, and Proxies
• Chapter 3.3 Converting your weapon textures into an A3 Readable format, (paa, pac) using TexView2
• Chapter 3.4 CORRECTLY applying these textures in O2
• Chapter 4 The config and model files
• Chapter 4.1 The config file, making a fully custom one
• Chapter 4.2 The model file, for the weapon and hand animation
• Chapter 5 Making the custom hand animation for your weapon!
• Chapter 6 Custom UI Images for the Inventory screen
• Chapter 7 Binarizing the File CORRECTLY into a PBO
It is complete with images and explanations.
Keep in mind this is my first big guide, but I did my best! I spent many hours on this hammering away!
I really hope you all enjoy it and find some use out of it!
released an updated version of his [FOCK] AI Recruit script
on the BI forums
Quote Mikie boy :
This version contains the following:
• AI recruitment process – selection of 6 types of soldiers. Automatically identifies which side you are on so no fiddling with sides.
• Dialog now stays open until you close it - does not close each time you recruit a soldier
• AI deletion from group, if group leader.
• Whole AI squad deletion, if group leader.
• New – Group Management.
• Leave current group.
• Join a new group from a selection of groups (AI groups, Human Groups, and Mixed groups).
• View other groups, for AI players.
• Specifically view human players within a group to assist with locating friends.
• Identification of your own group.
• Step down as leader.
• Become leader – MP compatible.
• Options to turn off/on the menu.
• Option to turn off/on just AI recruitment.
• Option to increase/decrease Amount of AI to recruit.
• Option to turn off/on Deletion AI when leaving a group with no Humans in it.
• Option to turn off/on Group clear up of empty groups.
- added extra of Group management (concept taken from Zuff’s Group management)
released his Simple Mortar script
on the BI forums
Quote BangaBob :
Fires set amount of rounds towards your target (mapclick).
- Realistic dispersion between rounds
- High customization options
- Very simple/easy to use
- MP compatible
released an updated version of his Statistical-Based Visualization script
on the BI forums
This script will:
- Provide a semi-cinematic experience
- Enhance upon the fatigue system (player collapses if too exhausted, and even dies)
- Allow you to feel the weight of every step you take
- Tweak the health system with health regeneration and bleedouts
- Integrate new camera effects such as camera shake, color correction, and motion blur
- Screen blacks out when killed
- Uphill climbs will cause more stress on the body
- Feel the roughness of the terrain as you drive, but also feel a smoother drive on roads
- Pilots will appreciate the sense of speed they are flying at and the slight camera sway
- Hit reaction (screen will flicker bright for a split second when taken substantial damage)
- Camshake when firing from vehicles
- If you are too close to another persons gun as it fires, it will temporarily deafen you
- When flying fast and close to the ground, the camera will shake a bit more
- Heartbeats while exhausted
- Blood splatter sounds when shot
- Time slows down when shot
- And a few more gems added into this that you can see in the script.
- Tweaked some code (disabled AI melee if player is civilian)
- Added options via arguments passed with execVM.
the first release of his Helicopter Transportation script
Quote Bob_Gneu :
This script classifies helicopters into three groups and vehicles in the map into two. This package does not require you to apply any code to any units or vehicles in game, instead it applies itself to all vehicles & units at the initialization step of loading the mission. Because it does not require itself to be applied to the units at map initialization you do not need to worry about the use of your vehicle respawn script.
Buy the ArmA series
25 members, 933 guests :
, Evil Dave