an updated version of his ADV Gear Distribution script
I've played a lot of missions with either buggy or performance demanding gear distribution scripts or systems.
Some switch to Tonic's VAS because of that, but I personally don't really like using it in my missions (it's a great script though, no questions asked!). That's why I created this little script (pretty much for my own use).
But as requested I make this public and offer you my little gear distribution script.
- removed issue with 40mm-grenades caused by spelling error
Written on 2014-07-21 by Belbo
the Bon's Infantry Recruitment Redux script
This script was originally created for Arma 2 by Bon_inf
and Moser added some modifications and enhancements and made it working with Arma 3.
The original script by Bon_Inf* was a priceless asset to COOP type missions such as Takistan Force, and is still regarded as one of the best AI recruitment scripts ever released. This port to Arma 3 uses the original scripts written Bon_Inf*, albeit with small modifications and enhancements. The main change is a switch from static unit lists to dynamic unit lists. The script will detect your unit's vehicleClass and build the list with units from your vehicleClass. No longer will you have to manually build your own unit list; however, that legacy option is still available for mission designers who want to customize the list of recruitable units.
For example, Massi's desert Rangers will only be able to recruit other desert Rangers. Other subfactions in the same faction class, such as SEAL or DELTA, will not be recruitable if the player is a Ranger. This is solely a design choice, and in my opinion, an improvement in realism from similar recruitment scripts, such as Rommel's excellent MSO recruitment script, which included the entire faction in the recruitment lists. In the future, I will include an option to allow for the entire faction to be available in the recruitment lists.
- Recruitment lists are dynamically built by the subfaction of the player by default
- Static, customizable lists of units are now optional
- Multiplayer cleanup of player's AI on disconnect
- "Dismiss" action for each AI infantry unit
Written on 2014-07-20 by Moser
an updated version of his ADV Move Respawn Marker Script
This script creates a respawn marker for every player that follows the current group leader of the player after a specified amount of time.
The respawn marker is put in place in a radius around the group leader of the player. If the player is group leader, the marker is placed around him.
- fixed small problem for dead players
Written on 2014-07-20 by Belbo
an updated version of his ADV Zeus Script
This is a small script for adding editor placed objects or units to the zeus interface.
When playing as Zeus you might notice that you can't interact with editor placed objects/units or with units spawned during the mission or even with respawned players. That's why I wrote this very small script to counteract that.
This script adds (almost) all editor placed objects to the zeus interface, so you can edit them as Zeus. Additionally it checks every five seconds if units have been spawned and makes them editable as well. That way you always have a way to see or interact with your players or units spawned by scripts like UPSMON.
Written on 2014-07-17 by Belbo
released an updated version of his Dynamic Settings UI script template
on the Armaholic forums
The Dynamic Settings UI is designed as a script module, so it may easily be placed in a vanilla mission. Once in the mission, you may add to its settings list. Upon activating the "Settings" action in game, the UI will pop up with all the settings you added and allow you to change them. Changing them and saving will simply change the global variable you named in the settings list; it will take on the value you selected and saved!
The Dynamic Settings UI is great for any mission maker who wants users to have personal options while playing. More importantly, any vanilla mission with this included will stay vanilla!
- Fixed rpt error when compiling
- Fixed more dialog errors for arma 3
- New color scheme and slightly different layout
- New optional "on new saved value" event for settings
informed us he released an updated version of his Co-op Mission Framework and SQF Library
on the BI forums
Ladies and gentlemen, Armaholics of all ages, I am proud to present a work over a year in the making: Zenophon's ArmA 3 Co-op Mission Framework. My framework is a library of over 190 SQF functions organized into a carefully designed API that is both easy to use and extremely powerful. The functions cover everything from manipulating arrays to an extensive task system. Each one has been meticulously designed and tested to provide useful features with minimal bugs and issues. The framework is designed so that each function is a logical building block that achieves a straightforward effect. The strength of the framework is that each small part fits together neatly with others, allowing you to quickly implement your mission design intuitively.
The framework works with any map and requires no addons. It is compatible with any mod because you choose which functions execute. There is effectively no performance impact to compile the entire framework, and every function has been diligently optimized. All 150 public functions are also carefully documented in an exacting style, and many resources are provided to help you learn to use the framework.
The framework is created with these goals in mind:
- Simple co-op fun for both players and mission makers
- Bottom-up design using flexible pieces that you control
- Truly random and dynamic missions without extra work for mission designers
- Procedural mission design instead of manual placement using the editor
- Eliminating large, static functions with assumptions about what you want in your mission
- Server-oriented execution to create more efficient multiplayer missions
- A simplification of locality and interacting with clients in multiplayer
- A solid, powerful, and bug-free library to use as a foundation for your own code
- Fixed: Zen_SpawnInfantry did not allow nested skill range arrays for parameter 3
- Improved: Zen_ConfigGetVehicleClasses optimized
- Improved: Zen_GiveLoadoutBlufor, Zen_GiveLoadoutIndfor, Zen_GiveLoadoutOpfor 'guerrilla' loadouts now use new headgear and facewear
- Improved: Zen_GiveLoadoutCargo and Zen_GiveLoadoutCustom can now select randomly from nested arrays in sections that add all elements
- Improved: Zen_OrderInfantryMove and Zen_OrderInfantryPatrol now have a parameter for AI behavior state
- Improved: Zen_OrderInfantryPatrol now has a parameter to disable infantry following targets
- Improved: Zen_SetAISkill now gives group leaders a slight boost to all skills, except aiming accuracy
- Improved: Zen_SpawnParachute landing aesthetic quality greatly improved
- Documentation: Added and improved various FAQ.txt answers
- Documentation: Added 1.24 scripting commands to Notepad++ language and autocompletion file
- Documentation: Updated for Zen_OrderInfantryMove and Zen_OrderInfantryPatrol
- Documentation: Updated Custom Loadouts demonstration
- Documentation: Tweaked various files
an updated version of his ASOR Gear Selector script
which you to select your gear during a mission from a series of organized drop down menus and see a live preview of your changes.
- Fixes compatibility with ASDG_JointRails. Setting in config for guns that don't support it properly.
- Adds option to use unit insignia as background (if the unit has one).
- Presets are now updated when saving (without closing/opening the menu).
- Adds option in config for players to automatically get their gear back when respawning. The last gear they had when they close the menu will be loaded if this option is turned on.
- Lets players choose/save/load their unit insignia (with an option to turn off this feature).
- Uses forceAddUniform to properly allow enemy/other teams' uniforms.
- Adds an extra 10 medical slots (now 20) to properly support XMedSys2 and any others with a lot of medical items.
- Changes the way helmets are loaded so they should always work.
- Fixes scrollbar on save screen.
- Adds side and faction specific blacklists.
Written on 2014-07-16 by Lecks
released his VR Random Urban Area Generator Script
on the BI forums
This script generates a randomized, urban-like area using the new generic VR structures. It is a simple implementation, and it is mostly meant for arena-style PvP missions or CQB practice vs. the AI. You can use this function to quickly have fun in the editor, or generate a complex VR city block by block.
The function uses a grid system to evenly distribute large structures and small cover objects. It uses a rectangular area marker to define the boundaries of the area. The size of each grid, each of which contains one large structure, and how many smaller objects there are per grid are entirely customizable. Each object is randomly placed and rotated within the grid.
The function is very fast, generating large areas in less than a second, and it can be used as many times as you need. There is no debug, argument checking, or defensive code, to make it as simple and fast as possible, so make sure the arguments are correct.
- Improved: Area can now turn with marker angle
- Improved: Object rotation stays at right angles to the marker angle
- Legal: Added license
released his ArmA III Mission Builder
on the Armaholic forums
This application is a graphical user interface created using AutoHotKey's powerful GUI creator and commands.
It serves to rapidly build a custom mission with little to no coding involved. You will save a lot of time.
Through the filling of form fields, checkboxes, and dropdown lists, your desired parameters are saved.
The entire mission files are automatically generated. It is not necessary to go through dozens or hundreds of lines of code.
Expert coders may however still find use in this application. All created files are commented and can be modified manually.
- 4 mission files are created: init.sqf, description.ext, Briefing.sqf, Tasks.sqf.All four are commented and can be modified once they are created.
- Default or custom media files are incorporated in relation to your chosen parameters.These include: mission preview image, loadscreen, debriefing screen, and an intro movie.
- The PWNR folder is also generated, which contains all the files used to create an immensely thorough and complete mission.It is important one does not modify this folder. All global variables are tagged for compatibility with the user's own variables.
- PWNR scripts deal with, amongst other things: collateral damage, friendly fire, view distance, body/vehicle removal,dynamic group membership, mission intro, JIP/respawn compatibility, patrols, etc.
- Pwner's patrol function is included within the mission builder.
released his Ambient Lightning script
on the Armaholic forums
Here's a small ambient lightning script I made for a mission, I figured people would enjoy using it. It's lightweight, and shouldn't affect mission performance at all. This is based on the Zeus lightning function from Bohemia. You can adjust the center the lightning spawns around, the radius the lightning spawns in, and the maximum duration between strikes.
- Added chance of building and structure strikes.
- Added check variable to allow loop cancellation.
- Fixed a bug preventing the center from following a moving player or object.
Written on 2014-07-13 by Shpook
Buy the ArmA series
31 members, 948 guests :
, Pepe Hal
, Snake Man
, Twitchy Scoots