informed us he released an updated version of his Randomly generated roadside IED's script
on the BI forums
Quote brians200 :
This script randomly generates IED's. There are currently 4 types of IEDs:
The type of IED also determines what size the object it is hiding in is. Heavy Armor IEDs will be hidden in things like trash piles and wrecked vehicles. Infantry IEDs will be hidden in things like buckets and tires.
- Secondary IED
Designed to kill first responders after the other IEDs goes off.
- Infantry IED
Will kill the person who sets it off and injure most other squad members near him
- Light Armor IED
Will destroy vehicles up to apc types. Will track or destroy a tank, depending on how far away it is
- Heavy Armor IED
Will destroy all vehicles and cause lots of mayhem
IEDs are set off based on speed and proximity. If you are horizontal velocity squared is higher than 2.8, and you are within 11 meters of it, you will set it off.
The IEDs can be disarmed if you have the appropriate items and are within 3 meters. If you fail while trying to disarm an IED, you will set it off.
- Fixed small bug with creating IEDs
- Removed potential race case
- Fixed incorrect copy paste error that appeared in version 2.0.
- Reduced the number of particles in the IED smoke/rocks
- Reduced to number of explosives used in each IED explosion
- Changed the small IEDs. Their primary purpose is to kill infantry and damage hunter type vehicles.
- Changed the medium IEDs. Their primary purpose is to take out infantry and hunter type vehicles.
- Changed the large IEDs. These are bad for your health.
- Changed secondary IEDs. Should not damage vehicles as much as before.
informed us Igi_PL
released an updated version of his IgiLoad script
on the BI forums
Quote Igi_PL :
The main task for IgiLoad script is to allow delivery of supplies to units away from base. In short, transport boxes with ammunition, weapons, or anything else (what you put in the box) using vehicles. The script does not support modded vehicles and does not intervene in the content of crates. IgiLoad allows you to transport ATV's using larger vehicles.
- New: IL_Para_Jump_ATL - Separated parachute jump altitude.
- New: IL_Can_Inside - Disable loading for driver, pilot and co-pilot.
- New: New vehicles: "caf_HLVW_open_AR", "caf_HLVW_open", "caf_HLVW_covered_ar", "caf_HLVW_covered", "CH_147F", "CH47F", "CH49_Mohawk_FG"
- New: New cargoes: "JTF2_Offroad_armed_01", "CAF_Quadbike_OD", "CAF_Quadbike_AR", "rc_hmmwv", "HMMWV2", "HMMWV_M1035", "M1114_AGS_ACR", "HMMWV_M1151_M2", "HMMWV2_M2", "HMMWV2_MK19", "HMMWV2_TOW", "HMMWV", "HMMWV_M2", "HMMWV_MK19", "HMMWV_TOW"
- Change: If you have a parachute you do not get a second. Parachute, which you have, you have to open yourself.
- Fix: Damage during parachute jump.
- Fix: Bad color of smoke and chemical lights for vehicles.
Written on 2014-03-10 by Igi_PL
from the J-SERE Development Team submitted
the Simple Mortar Script
This script allows for any number of markers to be placed on the map to be randomly chosen and have an HE/Smoke mortar round go off. This is perfect for those bombardment situations without the need to deal with those pesky AI mortar gunners .
Written on 2014-03-07 by JShock
released an updated version of his Revive script
on the BI forums
Quote Giallustio :
After a bit of work i'm proud to release my new revive! Remember that is an alpha so there are some bugs.
- Patch compatibility
- Removed advanced revive
- Added a lite version
- getVariable and dialog errors
an updated version of his randomWeather2 Script
This is a single script which allows you to add dynamic random weather for any singleplayer or multiplayer mission with the capability for players to choose initial weather settings.
Quote Meatball :
I've gone through a major change with randomWeather2 and removed snow from the 'default' version. There is a crash to desktop bug that can surface when it is snowing and a player respawns. I believe it's related to the known Physx crash bug and caused by a snow particle being in the players body when they die/respawn.
The new v0.9 script does not include snow, but I have included a version with snow for anyone that wishes to still use it or wants to experiment with it.
- I will not be supporting or updating the snow based version going forward unless BI fixes the underlying bug.
- Tweaked some settings to ensure that it is actually 'raining' when the mission starts if rain is selected.
- Made a minor adjustment to the initial weather setup to ensure clouds are created properly.
- Tested on stable build v1.12.
released an updated version of the Urban Patrol Script
on the BI forums
The UPSMON script was originally created by Monsada for Arma 2, improved by Rafalsky, Nordin and Shay_Gman and ported to Arma 3 by Ollem. Cool=Azroul13 is now working on further improving its usage in Arma 3.
Quote Cool=Azroul13 :
This is a personal project to enhance IA in combat and making easier mission edition. I have used the version 2.0.3 of Urban Patrol Script de Kronzky. I have to congratulate Kromzky for his script UPS.sqf that has inspired me for doing UPSMON.
- AI has enhanced actions and movements in combat:
- AI improvements:o flanking manauvers are taken depending on friendly position.
- There is a General commander that organize the attack and defence of all UPSMON squads in the same side:
o Squads of AI fights together as an army, so they comunicate each other by radio the enemy known positions.
o General commander can order to surrender entire side if army is seriously damaged
o AI can use smoke grenades.
- AI take use of enviroment:
o AI run crouched when enemy is near or under fire.
o AI does fire suppression and squad movement can be supressed by fire too.
o AI moves are influenced by morale, so in low morale they can retreat.
o AI can lay mines if enemy tanks are near.
o AI avoid snipers when fired by uknown enemy.
o AI paratroop near objectives if they take an hely.
o AI may use static weapons you place on map.
o AI may use empty land vehicles for moving and or to attack.
o AI may use empty helys for moving and or to attack.
o AI uses buildings to take defence position and patrol them when leader thinks than enemy is near or using it.
UPSMON Script runs 1 time every 20 seconds for every group of IA, new movements calculates every 60 s or less depending of under fire, enemy knowns.
I have been implementing some functions in spawn mode to exploit the multithread of processors with very fast results.
UPSMON has been tested in CHS comunity with more than 30 people and more than 25 groups of IA with UPSMON and the conclusion was perfect performance.
- Corrected: Debug message that can be show without Debug on (thanks grumpy)
- Corrected: Civilian counter not working (thanks Fett_Li)
- Corrected: Reinforcement units reinforce near reinforcement unit ^^_ (thanks Fett_Li)
a new version of his Rifle Platoon Resource
This contains three units organized into basic USMC Rifle Platoons.
- Edited: Marked all personnel in main platoon as playable.
- Edited: Small changes to Mission.sqm files.
his ASINC scriot
This is a simple, RPG-like interactive text conversation system for NPC's (single player).
Quote dwringer :
This is a simple console-RPG style conversation system (similar to dialogue seen in games like Final Fantasy VI or Knights of the Old Republic).
I have been putting this together over the last few days, and have gotten to a point where my desire to add features outweighs my desire to debug/troubleshoot. So, I am releasing what I have as of now in case others may be interested in using it to make missions, or even just to play around with how to make custom dialogs and onscreen resources. I am a complete novice when it comes to those topics, so it is likely some may find serious inadequacies in my code. Nevertheless, it seems to work pretty smoothly now, and I think I've worked out the major performance/initialization hiccups.
- This is a purely text-based interactive conversation system, completely independent of the system built into the game.
- In interactive mode, the player can be presented with up to three responses, each of which can lead to a new conversation state for the unit (or unit class, represented by a Game Logic).
- The responses can also have associated actions, which are just chunks of code that will be compiled and executed at the time of selection (thus, forks in the mission flow can be set up, tasks can be given, etc.).
- The system can also work passively, where NPC's provide non-interactive dialog for a specified number of seconds before the frame disappears. This is mainly for visual consistency, as the game currently allows this type of scripting without any real complications anyway.
- I have included a demo mission, which for simplicity's sake doesn't quite illustrate the full potential of the system. However, it is a bare minimum display of all the different functions involved.
his Animations script
Quote austin(medic) :
This script was mainly created to try and make it easier to use animations that BIS_fnc_AmbientAnim did not cover. It contains all of the animations that I could get to work on both the player and the AI.
released an updated version of his Defuse the Bomb script
, which is an updated version of the defuse the bomb script from Arma 2 by Igneous01
on the BI forums
Quote cobra4v320 :
This is an updated version of the defuse the bomb script from ARMA 2 by Igneous01.
Code is a randomly generated array of numbers, has a custom gui for the keypad, # is to enter the code, and * is to clear the display.
- Updated GUI for cutting wires.
- You can now cut a wire to defuse the bomb.
- Added clipping sound effect for wires.
Buy the ArmA series
31 members, 1147 guests :
, bravo 6
, Coyle[506 PIR]
, Dirty Harry
, Evil Dave