an updated version of the FSFLauncher A3 Edition
This is a Launcher developped using c# for Arma 3 managing your mods and startup parameters.
The FSFLauncher A3 Edition is a Launcher developped using c# for the specific need of the clan F.S.F.
This version is the community edition. It allow you to administrate the MODS and Command line Parameter.
- Administrator mode not required anymore for launching game.
- Add "Minimize on launch" option
- Some traduction correction
- some Improve code
Written on 2013-05-05 by ToF
released an updated version of his Arma 3 Restarter.exe server monitor
on the BI forums
Quote thevisad :
This will allow you to run a server without steam caausing an issue and kicking the server since it's already running.
This restarter.exe (same as in the DayZ hive) has been modified to allow usage with Arma 3.
I included a required registry fix for Arma 3 crashing as well. When Arma 3 crashes this pops up the "This app has crashed" dialog box. This will prevent the restarter tool from properly restarting the server as needed. Run this registry file and it will remove this allowing the application to crash completely and retarter to work its magic.
- it now supports Arma 2 and Arma 3. It will detect if there is a dedicated server present in the case of Arma 3 or the beta server in the case of Arma 2. If these do not exist it will fall back to the game exe and use the -server command to run a server. In the case of a -client switch being used, it will auto fall back to the proper game exe and run the headless client based on this.
an updated version of his Arma 3 3D Mission and Mods Launcher/Installer
This is a Launcher
for Arma 3 and features the following functions:
- Create 3D Missions
- Launch 3D Missions
- View and Edit the Mission code of selected Mission
- Download and install Mods
- Search Mods in the Database
- Deinstall Mods
- Launch Mods
- Start Game without Intro
- Start Game with multipel Mods
- Write Reports about Bugs to develop the Launcher experiences
- Set Arma 3 Directory
- For Modders or Mission Editors, you can edit the Mission.sqm and Mission.sqf in the Main Programm and test it after you've saved it.
- Fixed fatal bug, can't download any mod, always Error Message.
informed us he released an updated version of his new Arma 3 Launcher
on the BI forums
Quote zplix :
I have just started to build an Arma 3 Launcher which will make it easier for users to start Arma 3 with choosable parameters. Keep the .exe file in the folder, so it's easier to structure it.
I know it has some small buggs, which I will fix. I will also probably extend the function of it, and add more features.
And I know, it's not überhightech.
- Reworked GUI
- You can now start with mods
- Optimized code
- Fixed some buggs with profilenames
released an updated version of his Arma 3 Launcher
on the BI forums
The A3 Launcher is a nice and pretty launcher allowing you have a infinite amount of presets for your mods. You can freely edit them at any time.
- Presets can now be saved without a description.
- Now supports Arma 2 CO(only) ,click the ARMA 2/3 logo to switch between them.
- Now supports a sort of installer for mods inside, extremely WIP. See "Special Section notes".
his A2toA3 tool
which can assist in moving Arma 2 content (including Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead, Arma 2: British Armed Forces and Arma 2: Private Military Company) to Arma 3.
Quote SgtHunter :
The idea for this application is based on DarkWanderer's Porting Script. I simply thought I could create something with an interface that is more user friendly.
This does not modify or include the original files of ArmA 2. Please keep in mind that some things don't work in ArmA 3. You can select what maps you want to port, what types of files (Weapons/Vehicles/Characters/Sounds) and what games/DLC you want to include. It's based on creating hardlinks to the files instead of copying them, which saves you space and time.
released his TroopMonA3 tool
on the BI forums
Quote Charon Productions :
The GUI allows for very intuitive unit selection even in high Unit-count battle situations, selections can be made with the mouse. All status data can be shown or hidden by little toggle switches.
TroopMon1 was first written for Arma1 way back and served many mission makers to debug their missions. TroopMon2 then followed for Arma2.
Now TroopMonA3 has matured to a working version to complement Arma3.
Completely re-written and narrowed down to essential features for best performance.
Since Arma3 is still in alpha state, support for planes and tanks has to be
updated once Arma3 nears release state.
This tool might potentially also help the BI developers to analyze the AI behaviour
and spot areas to improve it.
What TroopMonA3 does:
TroopMonA3 is a GUI for Arma3 Alpha that is designed to help mission makers to precisely monitor the combat behaviour of the placed units in their missions.
Lost, inactive or ineffective combatants are easily identified to raise the quality of a mission and achieve mission objectives with a minimal troop-count.
Missions with uncertainty about the location of the involved units are a thing of the past.
- A camera with 6 View modes:2. Free camera mode that can be positioned around the watch-unit
1. A fixed 3rd Person view
3. A gunner's view through the ironsights of the watch-unit's weapons.
4. A 1st person view to find out where the watch-unit is looking at.
5. A 3rd person view that cycles through a random selection of units.
primarily, units that are in combat are shown.
6. A more cinematic camera motion view of randomly chosen units
- Agents, Triggers, Buildings, Things and Locations can now also be observed
- Total overview of all mission relevant AI variables. Crucial battle data is constantly updated such as:- which enemy is the assigned target of the unit
- which enemy is targeting the watch unit with the ability to switch the view to that enemy to evaluate it.
A new feature is that you can monitor freely assignable variable values from the namespace of each individual unit which is invaluable if you use such kind of variables a lot and must find out what value a certain unit has in a specific situation.
Also you can use the page number 10 to display values during the execution of TroopMonA3 that you choose via your own scripts.
released an updated version of ArmA3Mark
for the Arma 3 Alpha version on the BI forums
Post your benchmarking results in this thread
, please also add your system specs with your post!
Quote Helo :
After having waited so long for a benchmark mission, no one provided to the community, I took the initiative and created the Arma 3 Version of the toad´s arma-mark to benchmark the MilSim we all appreciate.
The benchmark is still in the early phases and will be updated later on to fully utilize its potential.
- Some locations changed for a more ideal showcase ---> v0.7 is not comparable score wise with previous versions
- Fixed some bugs which were burden the FPS slightly (AH 9 were attacking the OPFOR vehicles from Test 1)
- Optimized soem scene regarding the AI population
Engima of Östgöta Ops submitted
his ASCOM Framework
which simplifies script communication between machines in a network and works with both Arma 2 and Arma 3.
Quote Engima of Östgöta Ops :
The Arma Script Communication (ASCOM) Framework is a framework that greatly simplifies SQF script communication between machines in a multiplayer mission. The ASCOM framework makes it possible to “call a function on another machine” in the same way that you call a function on the local machine. You can also return values to the caller in a usual manner, even when the caller is on another machine. These calls can be made in a script on any machine on the network. It is efficient, robust and does not require much bandwidth or CPU.
Within the ASCOM framework, these functions are called “Network Functions”. A network function is actually just like any other function. The ASCOM framework (which comes with an editor) then generates code that handles communication between machines on the network, which enables you to execute your functions on machines of your choice at each call.
released a script (.cmd file) on the BI forums
which will help you with Forward-porting Arma 2 content to Arma 3.
Quote DarkWanderer :
Since BIS has shown their supportive official position regarding the content forward porting, I decided, I'd share a little script which, I hope, will help to start the ball rolling.
The idea is based on this video, although with some modifications. The script works with both Steam and non-Steam installs. What it does is basically it copies some (not all - as some just do not work) files from your existing Arma 2/Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead install into the Arma 3 Alpha.
This script ports Islands, Vehicles (air/cars/armor/...) and weapons. Everything is working to some extent, though there are some bugs of course.
Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead
Buy the ArmA series
12 members, 530 guests :