So, here's my take on post-apocalyptic units.
I excluded afro-american faces so these units could be used in a variety of places. For some models, the heads wouldn't work properly anyway without mlod (and only a white head mlod exists so far). They were loosely inspired by the Terminator Salvation resistance and my own imagination.
As we always recommend use modfolders to seperate the custom content from the official game content to prevent problems. For different ways to set up your modfolders and use them please visit our FAQ.
Included .pbo files:
These guys can be found under independent -> Post APC - Commoners -> Units.
Newer beta version available:
I stopped working on this project for some time when I couldn't get the vehicles to work properly, which dropped by motivation pretty much back then. This may have been partially influenced by the fact that there was no ArmA2 vehicle sample model released in 2 years. That would have aided in adding working damage rvmats/wheels.
For my stuff not to vanish I put the MLODs into the Orphaned Project Thread, if other people want to pick it up, you can find it here:
I've also added a link to the latest binarized version including the vehicles and new characters. Note you'll encounter error messages, errors etc. as this (was) a WIP version. I ask news sites to not overwrite this release with the 1.02 version, but put the 1.03b release into a new entry.
Version 1.03b - Unfinished, includes vehicles and new units -
- added new Faction on east side (Scavangers) with 2 new unit models
- added post-apocalyptic vehicles to the Ind. side
- Download v1.03b from here (only download if you do not mind a lot of errors and bugs!!! Otherwise use the main downloadlink at the bottom of the page.
Credits & thanks:
BIS - ArmA1 mlods, zombie textures
Johannes - backpacks and some pouches used
GSC Gameworld - Hoods
- added backpacks as equipable OA backpacks (thanks to StalkerGB for tut)
- added new Teamleader model using Johnys SF model/ArmA1 SF
- added rusty, used M4A1, M16A2 and M136
- M4A1 and M16A2 use flashlights
- new icons for the backpacks, weapons and magazine (2x duct taped Stanag ammo)
- some stuff I don't remember
- fixed crash when creating groups with the pre-defined ones
- fixes small shadow artifact on the hat units
- BI forums
- Arma 2
Tags: No tags