This mod changes and adds to the way the new thermal imaging system is displayed and applied to vehicles in ArmA2 Combined Operations.
The majority of ground vehicles have had their thermal sights tweaked in the following manner: gunners have a green thermal scope, and commanders have a red/orange scope (excepts in Russian vehicles, where the commander has the normal black/white scope). The affected vehicles are the Ka-52, Mi-24V & P, UH-1Y, BMP-3, BTR-90, T-90, AH-1Z, M2A2, Stryker variants, HMMWV CROWS variants, 2S6 Tunguska.
- Thermal scopes have also been provided to the USMC variants of OA vehicles (AH-64, etc)
- The following vehicles have been given the ability to zero in their weapons: T-90 gunner & commander, Ka-52 gunner, AH-1Z gunner, BMP-3 gunner, BTR-90 gunner, LAV-25 gunner, AAVP gunner, Tunguska gunner, all vehicle-mounted weapons with flip-up sights
- Smoke grenades have been given to the BTR-90 HQ
- The driver of the M1A2 Abrams and T-72 can now turn out.
- Changes the name of a few weapons. VIKHR-1 is now 9A1472, and Ch-29 is now Kh-29.
- Stryker MGS has its "commander" position properly labeled "gunner". Stryker MEV can carry 6 troops.
- The commander location in advanced vehicles (T-90, M1 Abrams, M2 Bradley, BMP-3, BTR-90) auto-stabilizes.
- The LAV-25 HQ, BMP-2 HQ and BTR-90 HQ can fire smoke grenades.
- Partial implementation of zGuba's Gameplay Modifications mod (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=7184); only the change to AI fire rates were added
- Imperator_Pete's fix for the Refleks and Arkan missile allows them to lock on to enemy vehicles
- BigMike's Aircraft Built-in Action Menu was added, insofar as the action menus for the C-130J, MV-22, UH-1Y and AH-1Z. His file seems to have dissapeared from Armaholic and the file lacked any readme with contact information. Since his original file was filled with unecessary code that changed the way some vehicles actually worked and wasn't signed, I decided to include some aspects of the mod unless he requests that I remove them.
- When the MV-22, AH-1Z and UH-1Y have their rotors folded, the fuel will be removed from the aircraft to prevent takeoff. When the rotors are unfoled again, the fuel will be returned. Big thanks to Defunkt for figuring this one out.
- Two Stinger launchers and 4 Stinger missiles added to the M6 Linebacker's inventory.
- T-55's cannon name fixed to display the correct "D-10" name.
- proper lock and incoming missile warning systems to the C-130J, A-10, Su-25, Su-34, F-35B, AH-1Z, UH-1H/Y, UH-60, MH-60S, MV-22, Mi-24D/V/P
As we always recommend use modfolders to seperate the custom content from the official game content to prevent problems. For different ways to set up your modfolders and use them please visit our FAQ
When you are using the Steam version you can find a Steam mod installation and activation FAQ here
Included .pbo files:
Some weapons will not be able to fire at the max range the turret of a vehicle can zero in at. This is because vehicles can't be given different zero modes for each weapon in a turret; when a range is zeroed that is beyond the capability of the weapon, the weapon tends to default zero at 0 meters.
Credits & Thanks:
Special thanks to zGuba and Imperator_Pete for their config help.
Thanks to BigMike and hcpookie for script coding to open/close doors/ramps and fold/unfold rotors.
Thanks to Defunkt for the scripts preventing takeoff when rotors are folded.
- Fixed thermals on the Tunguska
- now with a working bisign file
- Added thermal to the 2S6 Tunguska
- Added proper lock and incoming missile warning systems to the C-130J, A-10, Su-25, Su-34, F-35B, AH-1Z, UH-1H/Y, UH-60, - MH-60S, MV-22, Mi-24D/V/P
- Changed loadout on M6 linebacker so that it carries 2 stinger MANPADS plus 4 missiles
- Changed the name of the T-55 cannon to "D-10"
- Added different optics for zoomed-in Ka-52.
- Added flares to UH-1Y (how'd I miss that?)
- Improved inheritances on UH-1Y and removed lots of redundant code
- Reduced Stryker MEV capacity back to 6 troops
- Improved coding for MV-22, UH-1Y and AH-1Z
- Added new bisign signature. Make sure to update your servers! The old one will no longer be used!
- Changed TGW icon
- Added BigMike's action menu for UH-1Y
- Added MV-22 action menu for ramp and door (thanks hcpookie)
- AH-1Z, UH-1Y and MV-22 can no longer take off when their rotors are in folded position
- Added TGW icon
- OA AH-64 now has proper thermal sights
- Corrected sight adjustments for T-90 mounted Kord
- Increased Stryker MEV capacity to 8 troops
- Removed NV sights from Mi-24D
- Added BigMike's action menu for MV-22 and AH-1Z
- Increased Stryker MEV capacity to 6 troops
- Modified AI gunners in helicopters
- Fixed a bug that caused the AI gunner of the AH-64 to fire really slowly
- Converted FLIR mode of BLUFOR aircraft to green mode, as per guidozombie's recommendation
- Updated URL's to GameWarden's website
- Fixed a bug with the Stryker MGS with its zeroing system
- Fixed the position bug on the UH-1Y
- Actually fixed M2A2
- Fixed health values of M2A2 and M2A3. Previously, M2A2 had 400 armor and M2A3 had 300; this has been reversed
- Added zeroing to open weapons on vehicles like BTR-40 and technicals, with the *exception* of the BAF Jackal (see known bugs)
- Added flares to MV-22
- Added zeroing for Tunguska (how'd I forget that one?)
- Added bigmike's Aircraft Builtin Action Menu (limited)
- Added smoke grenades to BMP-2 HQ
- Added LAV-25, AAVP
- Added smoke to BTR-90 HQ
- Added Imperator_Pete's Refleks and Arkan missile fixes
- Edited optic zoom levels for T-72 commander view, LAV-25 gunner & commander view
- Fixed M2A2
- Cleaned up config file. Ready for general release
- Fixed a bug with the BTR-90
- Edited vehicles that shouldn't have stabilized weapon mounts.
- Included zGuba's Triggerhappy Choppers mod
- Fixed a problem that prevented save game loading
- Changed zoom levels on Ka-52 and Mi-24
- Increased troop transport limit of the Stryker MEV to 6
- Initial release
- BI forums
- Arma 2
Size : 1 MB Downloaded : 8166 times Report archive: