of protecting powers. One location seems to be of special interest to them. Supply trucks, lot's of weapons and even some high ranks have been spotted. Though they aren't fortified too well yet...
Basically it's 4 squads surprise attacking one location after being inserted by chopper. The four squads move into position first and attack simultaneously from the flanks. The occupants aren't that prepared for an attack, really - check it out - so the moment of surprise is key.
Support is most likely not available (no gimmicks like arty, air-support and stuff). Also there are different outcomes/path's and thus different endings to this mission, and so more tasks might show up sooner or later...
Play as any role you like; a simple grunt, grenadier, squad medic, marksman or squad leader. Your choice. Though first of all the mission is designed for you being a grunt under AI leadership, but things should work just fine with you as leader too, of course, since you might end up as leader anyway...
Play as any faction you like. Ok, I'm sorry, but that's a lie. You can't play east factions.
But in return you may play as BAF (don't worry if you don't have it, it's totally optional/only an alternative player-faction). And as for PMC, well, I didn't incorporate that into my RUBE library yet... but it might show up at some point. Maybe.
Launch the attack on any date and time, with immediate preview in the intro.
Choose any location on the map or just go with a random one.
The mission offers an intro - by which I mean a screen/dialog to select the missions options. So don't skip it too early or play with defaults (which is what I recommend anyway for the first time you play it).
Random madness. While the "story" of the mission is pretty much set, everything else is randomized to death. If you look at the mission in the editor, all you will find is a single civilian and a marker or two.
Sure, it's not totally random (and thus nonsensical - again, hopefully). Instead think of recipes or something.
Also teamswitch is on, so once you die, you may just play another guy from your squad. Though beware: don't teamswitch if the character you're leaving is still alive, unless you switch to the squad leader, or the left unit will be stuck.
I've recorded lot's of radio-voices with many different text to speech generators, and some manual adjustments to them (hopefully for the better) ... Well, if anyone wants to voice a character.. just send me the files. You may as well improvise and record something else.. my storytelling isn't good anyway...
Extract the .pbo file(s) to your ArmA2 Operation Arrowhead\Missions folder.
Note to interessted mission designers:
Maybe you're not so much interessted in the mission itself, but in the RUBE package, which offers various little things and stuff, like:`
the RUBE AI FSM collection with RUBE_AI_taskHunt, RUBE_AI_taskLead, RUBE_AI_taskPatrol, RUBE_AI_waitingInTheWings, RUBE_AI_EXTERMINATE, RUBE_AI_escapeOnAlarm, RUBE_AI_garrisonBuilding, RUBE_AI_surrenderEscortTo, RUBE_AI_hangOut, RUBE_AI_guardBuilding, RUBE_AI_seizePosition, RUBE_AI_evacuate, RUBE_AI_route, ...
a collection of functions, for example a working routefinder/-plotter, some terrain analysis, or lots of handy wrapper- and helper functions...
a set of world functions (for chernarus, utes and takistan only) implementing: RUBE_WORLD_isTree, RUBE_WORLD_isBush, RUBE_WORLD_isPlant, RUBE_WORLD_isStone, RUBE_WORLD_isRoad, RUBE_WORLD_isRunway and RUBE_WORLD_isPond for objects without classes.
or maybe you like the house-burning fsm or the cam scripts...
While lots of this is more of an experimental nature and other things are simply not finished at all..., feel free to use anything for your own purposes (most things should be commented well enough and examples are given in this mission).
- removed scripted fog that vanishes after the first task (move into position) has been completed
- enabled RUBE weather module instead
- actually use core and common definitions from the RUBE library (i.e. removed dialogCore.hpp, dialogCommon.hpp, dialogRubeSplash*.*, ...)
- cam-script follow, stutter-fix (has been fixed in the RUBE library at some point - as if I remember, muahaha - but never updated this mission since...)
- tweaked chopper extraction on success
- tweaked composition of the enemy occupation forces
- increased max. age for kbWasSaid to prevent possible dead-end
- clear default options at the start of the intro so we don't end up with the wrong defaults if another version was played before...
- fixed worldName bug, causing the mission to load the wrong defaults...
- allowDamage hack for some (radio-)conversations (at critical points) to prevent the mission from getting stuck in case the active unit of the conversations dies at an unfavorable moment...
- lowered particle drop interval (fire/smoke)
- AOO's random perimeter stuff keeps a min. distance to the insertion points (no more landing directly on enemies)
- mission can't be (auto-)aborted anymore after the area has been seized... that was just too pointless/frustrating... *gnarf
- auto-rotation of the operation's average bearing to adjust for coasts/ocean for maps like Chernarus.
- improved ground-fog (color variations depending on the world/map)
- improved intro, adjusted cam shots
- introduction of CONFIG_MIN_BUILDING_POSITIONS in configureOptions.sqf to set different min. building positions value which buildings need to have to be considered usefull. Needed for worlds such as Chernarus that have inaccessible buildings (and thus few building positions).
- added mission blacklist to filter out bad spots such as tiny islands for random positions.
- auto configure default factions based on the current world
- auto configure civilian type, more variation for woodland worlds such as Chernarus (rural/urban, ru/cr)
- dynamic world/faction based mission notes/situation
- conversion to chernarus
- conversion guide/notes
- intro dialog eventually wasn't displayed. (finally!)
- intro dialog eventually wasn't displayed. (solved? maybe)
- Handguns removed from all units, until that pistol-bug is resolved.
- Tweaked occupation forces
- intro dialog eventually wasn't displayed. (NOT SOLVED)
- improved extraction on success:
- waypoint displaced to keep the landing spot for the choppers free/empty.
- minor improvements for reinforcement units
- improved UNFORT strongpoint arrival and team assignment
- speak with unit waiting at the supplies, so the player knows he has to meet the one who's in charge...
- no assignment to guard road duty because it's boring. mobile task force or patrol seems to be ok.
- some more minor bugfixes
- RUBE_supervisor.fsm: timeout/failsafe to abort transmissions (and free the radio channel again) in case RUBE_kbWasSaidOrDead, resp. kbWasSaid, hangs...
Tags: No tags
Copyright (c) 2006 - 2015 www.armaholic.com All Rights Reserved.
Armed Assault, ArmA: Combat Operations, ArmA: Queen's Gambit, Arma 2, Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead, Arma 2: Combined Operations, Arma 2: British Armed Forces, Arma 2: Private Military Company, Arma 2: Army of the Czech Republic, Arma 2: Reinforcements, Arma 2: Firing Range and Arma 3 are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bohemia Interactive a.s.