The mission is based on an original idea on my part TacSat - but here in a highly modified form. The idea there is to bring in close and quickly airlifted one or two small strike forces and to grant them CAS (played by human too).
But the second Version has been designed very dynamic. At each mission start a new object will be randomly generated by the server located at well over 20 different localities. Each mission is short and crisp and can be completed in 10 to 30 minutes depending on how realistic / tactical / organized the team plays / is going on.
To give the mission even more momentum, may start before each mission CAS and transport aircraft will be selected in the lobby. In addition, fits the combat power of the enemy on the server located number of players. (Warning! AI soldiers are also viewed as a player if there from players side!) As a result the mission can be played alone, in twos or with all full filled 12 slots repeatedly claim without that the opponent is overrunning you in numerical terms. Finally, the mission is here already in Takistan and Chernarus available.
It is randomly generated at different interesting locations on the map one of the following tasks:
- Clear the Area
- find Documents
- disable Bomb
- recover Money
- search and destroy enemy vehicle
- eliminate VIP
- find Suitcase
- search and destroy ammo caches
Mathematically, it is clear from the variety of locations and tasks on a mission variety of 79 missions at Chernarus and 77 missions at Takistan! So it takes a while until something repeatedly ...
In my test games, I've also found out that the Mission is also of interest for a single pilot. Because of the difficulty depends on the players number, it is often possible for a single pilot (depending on the task) to completing the hole mission in a AH6 or in the Mi24 without landing.
- no respawn
- (nearly) all ACE2 weapons avalible (sorted categorically)
- choose your favorite air vehicle
- short and tasty missions
- highly replayable
- suitable for public servers, clan servers and single players
Extract the .pbo file(s) to your ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead\MPMissions folder.
It is now possible to join an already running game without ending up as a raven! Nevertheless, the fact remains that there is no respawn. Who dies ends up in Spectating-mode and must watch the others. The mission is lost if all players died or the maximum number of dead players is reached (selectable in the lobby).
The second obvious change are the new ambient sounds. There are now sounds for the hostage, the VIP and the bomb wish must be defused. The sounds were composed from the master of sound himself - LordJarhead! Thank you for this.
If there are no new bugs this will be the final version.
- fixed: error in Hostage task on Chernarus versions
- fixed: missed string in description.ext
- fixed: undefined var in outro video if you fail to disable the bomb
- added: ALICE and SILVIE modules
- added: ambient sounds for hostage, VIP and the bomb (sounds created by LordJarhead)
- changed: players are able to JIP the game without beeing a bird
- changed: some minor visual effects
- changed: update my mission template scripts from 1.07 to 1.09
- fixed: wrong endtext if failed to disable the bomb
- fixed: mission end (Extraction complete) was triggered by the Predator after you complete the main mission
- fixed: synchronize weapon cargo of choppers
- fixed: removeAction for any objects wasn't transmit on all clients
- changed: default mission time short before sundown (Takistan Version)
- changed: "extraction complete" is when 75% of playable units reach the airbase
- changed: add Morphin, Epinephrine, Bandages and Medkits to standard loadout of all units
- changed: A10 CBU to GBU
- changed: slightly changed difficulty
- changed: UAV altitude up to 500 metres
- added: info hint when the VIP was killed
- added: missing Mk17 Mags and 100rnd Mags for G36
- added: Cutscene if you failed to disable the bomb
- added: Cutscene if the hostage are killed
- added: Enemys reinforcments start to target area after you have complete the main task (troup zise depending on players number)
- added: Lobby setting CAS vehicle new option "none" avalible
- fixed: many minor stuff
- fixed: task "rescue hostage" at position 008104, Takistan - hostage sink into the texture of a building
- fixed: sometime no action entry to take object (suitcase, money, documents)
- changed: increase view distance a little bit
- changed: task "kill the VIP" now you have to kill him and collect his dogtags (only a kill is to easy)
- changed: reduce the frequency of random task "clear area"
- added: a UAV Operator and a UAV (Predator drone)
- added: more ambient objects and stuff (using random created compositions, camp fires, animations)
- Advanced Combat Environment 2 OA - Extra
- ACRE - Advanced Combat Radio Environment (optional)
Tags: No tags