Author Website: http://www.friedenhq.org/
Requirements: Arma 2
Short description: This pack contains a number of rifles manufactured by Remington Arms Corporation.
This pack contains a number of rifles manufactured by Remington Arms Corporation. Most notably, it contains the Adaptive Combat Rifle (ACR) in several configs, the Modular Sniper Rifle MSR, the XM2010, and the Remington Semi-Automatic Sniper System (RSASS R11).
Currently, the pack contains three sniper rifles, all manufactured and sold by Remington Defense:
As we always recommend use modfolders to seperate the custom content from the official game content to prevent problems. For different ways to set up your modfolders and use them please visit our FAQ.
When you are using the Steam version you can find a Steam mod installation and activation FAQ here.
Included .pbo files:
See the included DO_NOT_README.txt for the class names.
Robalo's ACE configs:
Robalo uploaded ACE configs for this FHQ Remington pack at Dev-Heaven.
It's released separately instead of bundling it with the other configs (filename: @asr_fqh_remington_ace.7z).
Besides making the weapons perform as if they were part of ACE(X), it features a new reticle – ACOG TA31H-68, a reworked HAMR reticle to allow switching on illumination for the center donut and a couple extra magazine inventory pics. As a bonus, there’s an extra, optional config for JSRS (does not add new sounds, but it adapts the sound ranges and effects for JSRS).
Big thanks to Alwarren for making these and for giving me access to his files ahead of the release so I could work on these configs !
Credits & Thanks:
Thank you to Varanon for the Pinacle 01 mission. This is the first mission of a planned PMC campaign.
The ACR sound effects have been created from layeredgunshot.wav by steveygos93 and downloaded from freesound.org. I modified it a bit to sound more like an assault rifle.
MSR, RSASS and XM2010 sounds are modified versions of sound downloaded from freesound.org. Source material used were made by j1987 and Xenonn.
The lens image used on some of the sniper scope textures is from psdgraphics.com.
All modeling was done in Blender, using Leopotam's export script. Other utilities used include TexView2, Oxygen 2, BinPBO, GIMP, and a couple of DePBO.dll based utilities by Mikero.
All modelling and texturing done by myself.
Big Thank you to Robalo for the ACE configs and his feedback.
I apologize to anybody that I didn't credit here.
Thank you to all out there on the BIS forum for the feedback and encouragement. A bit thank you to the best games company on the planet, Bohemia Interactive, for making this game. I love you guys!
- New ACR Variant: ACR with a TWS-3050 Thermal Weapon Sight with all options (Grenade Launcher, Silencer).
- New Inventory icons for the magazines
- Replaced green bags for magazines on the ground with real models.
- New sounds for the MSR, XM2010 and RSASS.
- Muzzle flashes toned down to a more realistic measure. Now uses the same muzzle flash as the BIS SCAR’s.
- Bonus Mission: Pinnacle 01: Just Another Boring Day by Varanon. Playable both as single and multiplayer.
- Zeroing changes: The HWS and CCO silenced variants of the ACR now have their zeroing reduced to 100. This should give a lower trajectory and make hitting targets easier with subsonic ammunition. The iron sight version has adjustable zero, and all other versions have inherent predetermined zeroing due to their scope type.
- Now contains the ACR in 96 variations
- BI forums
- Arma 2