VTS is a mission sandbox.
One of the connected players choose to be the Game Master when the mission start.
VTS allow the Game master(s) to create multiplayers cooperatives missions in real time (players connected). with a lot of short cuts to make it quickly.
You don't need to know anything in scripting or mission editing.
It's really easy to use, you can spawn everything on the map just in 2 clicks.
You can play in MP or SP (very good to test new islands, vehicles or to use Arma in Role play with friends).
And the best, the mission dynamically pre-load every addons of your game (custom addons too), ready to use.
Find more info about the mission in the page for the Operation Arrowhead version: Virtual TrainingSpace 3.5 - OA Co-105
- Live operation creator.
- Compatible with every past & future addons.
- Powerfull & simple AI management (compatible with any AI addons).
- Gamemaster / operator centered mission.
- One interface to rule them all... and in the darkness bind them.
- Multiple mission parameters & rules.
- Fully configurable equipment shop.
- Unleash the BIS sandbox power in a few clicks and let your imagination do what ever you want.
- From hardcore operation to fast action mission, or even TvT.
Extract the .pbo file(s) to your ArmA3\MPMissions folder for multiplayer/coop.
Extract the .pbo file(s) to your ArmA3\Missions folder for singleplayer.
Here is a Quick Manual (thanks to Kibot)
-Updated Shop interface.
-Improved GM command line historic.
-Improved Shop performance with lot of addons loaded in memory.
-Seamless integration of UPSMON behavior : You can now have UPSMon AI behavior while keeping the ability to have perfect control via VTS ordering, and switch group behavior back and forth for your needs (eg: You can force a Go to point away on UPSMon group to stop it autonmous behavior, or turn Patrol 2 Point into a UPSmon Ambush).
-New orders : UPSMON fortify, UPSMON autonomous, UPSMON defend, UPSMON reinforcement, UPSMON Ambush.
-Fixed : Reviving a dead player with 0 life will reactive his ACRE if present.
-Updated Specator camera.
-Fixed GM camera key event handler still be present sometime even when the GM exited the freecam.
-Spawn on squad now require a minimum of 50M with the other member to work.
-Added a lower level of AI accuracy in mission param : Hollywood (lot of spread).
-Set the default level of AI accuracy to : Rookie - shaking hand.
-Adding a notification to use CTRL+V in the mission save/load function on VTS Arma 3 version.
-Fixed hostage not leaving the surrender state since last A3 patchs.
-New feature : VIP and Hostage now follow without entering group, henche being more reactive, copying your stance and following you in vehicle/building if there is room for them.
-Fixed : Formation dropbox hidding and not displaying again when going from Empty to other type of unit to spawn
-Improved GM interface spawn selection clarity
-Custom groups now appear in the beginning of the list.
-Adding GM tips when opening the GM ui
-Fixed : Units property NVG Off now remove all kind of NVGs
-Increase max View Distance possible with the VTS menu : 0 - 8 - 1 to 20 000m
-VIP unit now start directly in Careless behavior to avoid running away of firefight.
-Shop improvement : Now show Side of vehicles / UAV / items associated to a side or faction
-New function : vts_setHeight to spawn object at a specific height (ex : a platform in the sky for skydiving)
-Optimized communication usage.
-Dead spectator now have a correct night-vision when dying.
-Disabled Clunky carry on shoulder animation when dragging a unconscious teammate.
-Fixed Music Play all conflict with Battleye.
-Fixed Payer to base conflict with Battleye.
-Fixed Remove NV conflict with Battleye.
-Unit/Group property now also allow to add NVG to units along removing them.
-Reduced map glitching when changing Brush size with Ctrl + Mouse wheel.
-New feature: Teleport on group leader from base.
-Improved Shop: Now able to read new method for compatible item listing.
-VTS Death message are now hidden if the Arma death message are activated (death message are still logged in the log)
-Fixed Typed test not displayed correctly since the lastest stable patch.
-New attempt to fix the drowning on longly JIP process.
-Attempt to fix the sometime flying man under aircraft/helo.
-Added a command line history (arrow up & down) in the command line field (Command line historic is shared among GMs)
-Improved GMs interface tooltips with some shortcut tips.
-Improved Shop feedback on Saving & Loading loadout.
-Improved Shop performance a bit with a lot of weapons loaded.
-Added Shop tooltips
-Fixed an issue with HC client bugging when dying.
-Fixed a multiple Weather sync event on client.
-Optimized VTS AI Micro management.
-VTS friendly name is now hidden (even if On in mission params) if Arma difficulty allow friendly name by default, to avoid redundant friendly tag display.
-Increase players slot per side up to 80.
-Restructured Default Side squads to follow military standard organization.
-Fixed shop loadout issue when launcher have a missile in the tube
-Cleaned obsolete script
-Spawned vehicle in 3D shouldn't tend to stay hovering anymore
-Removed clunky "player > insertion" command (use "Group teleport" or "Players > base" instead).
-Updated Music playback network method.
-Updated Time method
-Updated Weather method (now instant on A3, to workaround BIS bugs)
-Removed all the obsolete triggers in the mission (performance improvement)
-Updated method to Finish mission on Success or Fail.
-Still trying to fix the drowning on connect
-Added weapons name on Change Class UI
-Added "mods\on_spawn_script.sqf" to manipulate group spawned by GM
-Optimized spawn network requirement
-Headless client now automatically detected
-Empty Vehicles spawns and vehicle bought from shop now spawn with cargo clean of magazines and weapons
-"Not move" order now also change Behavior, Formation & Speed of groups (Easier to change behavior of static unit)
-Fixed a bug where JIP players could spawn dead
-Fixed listing undefined variable and other error related to undefined vars
-Fixed GM been visible for JIP players even when the GM set himself invisible
-Parachuted logitistics and vehicles have now the correct parachute
-Fixed a bug disallowing spawn on Dedicated server environment without HC.
-Added HC fps log
-Improved Spawn Handling & HC performance
-Fixed bug with display name of persistent loadout not showing correctly on non used slot
-Light effects modification now work like Musics modification (Select = GM Preview, All = Apply choice)
-Saving Loadout in shop also save naming change (rename function still there if you just want to rename loadout)
-Improved Shop UI
-Improved Change Class UI
-UAV buy from shop are now fully functional (watch for enemy UAV behavior)
-Group should spawn directly with the good the good Azimuth
-Group with UAV should have working UAV now
-Changing group order to Nav between 2 points should now initialize the correct formation before reaching the first WP
-Optimized VTS functions
-Optimized Shop functions
-Optimized Revive funcitons
-Spawned Air Ammo now aim for the ground
-Improved IED explosion
-vts_generate_spawn_position at false should now put the respawn atop of building if found any on the marker pos
-Improved respawn position when respawn base on water
-Improved parachute group function
-Improved GM ui efficiency
-Fixed spawned group with vts_isparachuted being in building patrol mode
-Parachute function, now also parachute vehicles.
-"Sit on chair" action is back (0 - 8 - 4)
-Updated communication menu to have fixed slot (group manager access will now be 0 - 8 - 0).
-Fixed Object & Building type to glitch due to overlap physics collision when spawning in 3D.
-Added "vts_generate_spawn_position" new variable in init.sqf to disable base spawning generation (true by default to make the mission compatible with all islands)
-Added a new mod script executed only on the headless client "mods\headless_side_script.sqf"
-Increased the magnitude of the zoom on the GM minimap.
-New Init function "vts_isParachuted" to spawn object in air with a parachute.
-Updated Aeroson loadout functions to avoid item loop.
-Update Shop class changing UI.
-Optimized some functions.
-Improved addons reading tolerance, to fix badly configured addons to not showing up (Mainly for groups).
-Fixed undefined variables when opening the CPU before the data are loaded.
-UAV Terminal can now be correctly bought from the shop.
-Fixed undefined vars on the spectating script.
-Disconnecting (deaths) are no more logged in the GM logs.
-New feature : Allow GMs to broadcast any kind of global textual announce.
-Disabled the ability to run the mission in SP (coz Workshop doesn't handle mission type if MP & SP).
-Optimized delete & remove corpse functions with big brush.
-Optimized Kill everything function with big brush.
-Optimized Populate with civilian function (still use it with moderation to not overload your game).
-Civilian population (spawned with populate) should now be handled by Headless client if used.
-The Brush size can now be sized up to 2500.
-Units spawned with "fill building with current side" function, should now be handled by Headless client if used.
-New feature : Allow GMs to paint zone on the maps (visible for all players & JIPs).
-New Shop feature : You can now buy the same loadout used by a friendly player.
- Workaround for freeze due to neearestbuilding command bug.
- UAV now are fully functional, even if spawned in Empty mode.
- Fixed plane spawn not having the good velocity at spawn.
- Fixed 3D spawning physic overlapping.
- New feature : Silencer can now be added or removed on AIs.
- New feature : Flashlight can now be added or removed on AIs.
- New feature : Laser pointer can now be added or removed on AIs.
- Added script safety net.
- Fixed unknown variable issues.
-Fixed loading loadout on a shop with some item not in store would bug sometime (should now correctly item from the loadout not available in the shop).
-Brush should now be able to select plane & ship up to 5000 meters of altitude / depth .
-Delete should now be able to delete plane & ship up to 5000 meters of altitude / depth.
-Take control should now be able to take control up to 5000 meters of altitude / depth.
-Improved mouse over: When an unit in a group is a player, its name is displayed instead of the classname (better to track player groups).
-Fixed : Right Shift now also work for 3D Spawning & 3D displacement (to reduce rotation & height speed).
-Improved GM interface opening process : Opening GM UI should be faster, better and stronger.
-Revive fix : Workaround to stop people able to get up or reload even after behind injured.
-Fixed Tasks manager : Tasks updating would bug if a player changed class or GM used take control.
-AI Micro management improved : Not moving AI units will now cover & better hold territory when alerted.
-AI Micro management improved : AI units doing small distance patrols (under 150m of travel) will now cover & hold territory when alerted instead of leaving position and hunting (long distance patrol still go investigate when alerted)
-Improved Fill cargo function : Will now create a driver of another group from the cargo group, if the vehicle is empty.
-Fixed Plane spawn : Maned Plane would not get the right velocity on spawn
-Improved Transport unload : Now paradrop AI vehicle cargo if it's an Aerial vehicle flying above 125 meters.
-Fixed : Shop content of Resistance side & Civilian sides were not sync between GM & Players
-Fixed : Spectating camera not aiming at the correct height when a unit is not on the same height as ground.
-Improved : Payers > respawn, should now also teleport inside the base , if the base is in different height than the ground (eg : on a building)
-Fixed : sometime in 3d spawning, object where jumping before beeing spawned
-New feature : Unit properties (which can also be applied to the unit group) allow to change damage, ammo, fuel, stance etc of specific units .
-Improved : Saving loadout & loadout name, now also save profile next to avoid potential lose due to game crash.
-Fixed : Dead & Unconcious players could be able to open shop or change class in base.
-Fixed: Deads player were able to get up in certain circumstances.
-Fixed : Shops are no more accessible before the game data are loaded.
-Modified shortcut : Del, now only remove dead objects under the brush. (to avoid miss usage)
-New shortcut : Shift + Del & Ctrl + Del, now delete all objects under the brush. (more secure)
-Improved : When using Respawn and have no life left, if ACRE is used player will be swaped in spectator.
-Improved : Unit spawn selection listing is now sorted on alphabetical order
-Improved : Shops now display your class special ability
v4.0 Beta 09
- Added character visualization to the change class function (like the shop)
- Added a Min & Max button for easier "item unlocking/locking" on the GM shop interface.
- Added a "R2D" spawn button, to allow randomized spawn in a position inside the brush.
- Disabling "All units markers" now disable mouse over info on map (so a GM can also play its mission without being spoiled)
- Added a rename button to allow "Persistent equipment slots" to be renamed.
- Modified the way "players markers" are created on GM side to try to improve their reliability over time.
- Replace Revive "Last stand" by "Revive - No Respawn" so you can now specify amount of life available (player bleeding to death in no Respawn will still die definitely).
- Added a new button on the GM interface "Scale interface" to either scale the interface to the screen or use the game interface size.
- Implemented an UI editor to smooth up gm interface update.
- Change side function will now give a boost in rating so player doing friendly fire while in change side doesn't turn renegade.
- Changing class when in a group should now keep squad leader as leader.
- Merged Dice buttons into 1 combolist.
- Updated interface layout to regroup functions of the same family together.
- Added a fill Cargo function, that create a group inside vehicles cargo of the same side, with the current selected faction infantries (useful for fast convoy / air support creation).
- Improved "Initial spawn on base" & "Players > to Base" to be more accurate (and reduce spawn in water probability again)
- Added a command script to spawn the Arma 2 LHD if detected in the loaded data.
- Fixed Delete function not deleting spawned target type objects.
- Added A3 parachute (Beta) item to fix the "Parachute a group" function now to work on A3. (AI handling parachute seems to crash A3 a lot)
- Added a command to activate some kind of N2O for vehicles (more for fun & stunt).
- Now filtering work is available for all type of listing in the GM interface
- Shop update : the balance must now be set in the shop instead of the GM interface
- Shop update : Shops are now specific to each side (items counts & balance) and does not share the same equipment availability.
- Shop update : Added button to Fill all or unfill all items from a shop for GM.
- Shop update : You can now create custom shop with "vts_isshop" function (can be used to simulate weapons box / vehicles garage etc with specific content).
- Fixed : In the shop, was able to sell some items without them to be removed from the inventory.
- Added buttons to access all shops on the GM interface.
- Fixed: Land & Transport unload should now work with group with multiple vehicles
- Improved : Starting with no equipment will now remove head gear / vest & pockets items (maps etc...)
- Added units count per side on the GM interface
- A3 specific : Replaced resistance placeholder by A3 Beta green units.
- Fixed "player killed" log not displayed in Log on Dedicated environment.
- Hopefully fixed the random Task manager issues
- Destroy terrain improvement : Now work on A3 buildings too, and should be better sync to JIP players.
- Fixed : Change class function was listing faction with no men available (ex : if you AiA with CO content disable, or for custom addons factions with no infantry)
- Improved Revive system : Dying on water nearer than 1KM of the shore will wash you on the ground nearby instead of respawn/immediate death.
- Improved Revive system : Dying on a spawned building should let you be revived at the spot you died, although your ragdoll crossed through (BIS bug)
v4.0 Beta 08
-Fixed : unit in building would not move out of building on dedicated server when GM giving a new order.
-Fixed : Group spawn in slope could have an unit with wrong movement behavior.
-Improved Custom group : Spawning units with a different side should be more efficient (no more ofpfor shooting themself when spawned on bluefor).
-New feature : A timer GM can launch on all client (JIP compatible).
-Improved Shop : Now show your avatar when equipping.
-Improved Shop : Removed unlock system and replaced it by an Item count (GM can now setup the ammount of different items available, and player can still their stuff in the shop to store them for later mission).
-Improved Shop: Increased shop distance detection for sell-able vehicle in proximity.
-Fixed : Uniform from different side are no more displayed in the shop (to avoid multiplayer uniform equipement bug).
-Fixed : Stuttering in Spectator camera mode when a following an unit.
-Improved : Filling interior & Populate should have less swimming unit inside.
-Improved : Filling interior & populate should be less performance killer now.
-Modification : Populate only spawn civilian unit & empty vehicles now. (Use fill roads to have civilian moving vehicle).
-Improved game master interface performance.
-Improved Hostage behavior : Hostage on follow will automatically move in formation to the player.
-Improved Revive : Revive actions are now JIP compatible, dragged player should be detached more correctly now.
-Improved Revive : Now displaying time left before reviving an unconscious comrade.
-Improved shop : Goggle panel is now gear panel and contain all uniform / helmet / goggles, while gear panel is now item panel and contain all items and weapons attachment.
-Improved shop : persistent load-outs are now always accessible, but don't load items not available in the shop.
-Improved Shop : Selected weapon on player list now display compatible mags & items in the shop list.
-Fixed : Civilian side on Arma 3 was hostile to everyone, the VTS is now forcing them to be neutral to everyone.
-Added : Targetbase filter in object > object listing.
-Added : New revive option "Last stand", players can't respawn but can be revived. If the timer, while bleeding, reach 0, they cannot be revived anymore and are switched in spectator mode.
-Fixed : unconscious player cannot throw things anymore.
-Improved Spawning ammo : now spawn them in Air if the ammo is not a kind of mine or grenade (usefull for LGB, Flare etc...)
-Improved AI Micro management : AI can now be alerted by hearing nearby ACRE speaking player (only if ACRE is used).
-Improved AI Micro management : AI now take notice of gunfire from farer distance and behind hill (affected if player use silencer or not).
-Fixed : With Revive system, sometime we were unable to release dragged comrade by ourself inside buildings.
-Fixed : using the "players to respawn" function was killing swimming unit.
-New feature: Logs function. Allow GMs to keep track of death, revive, respawn, & VTS interactions activities during the session.
-Improved : Weapon randomize now use a 2D brush
-Improved Time sync : Now player should be resync to the server time every 120s to avoid ingame time desync on long session.
-Improved spawner : Workaround to fix bugged addons spawning on a different side than the one displayed in the computer.
-Fixed : Change side was not working on all kind of ship.
-Improved Filling interior function : Fixed bug where unit where not spawning correctly and Unit filled are now handled by the AI micromanagement (if activated)
-Improved : Populate with civilian should be less intensive now.
-Fixed : Communication menu in A3 was not working correctly (to change view distance locally or open the group manager)
-Improved : Spawn wreck script now compatible with A3
-New order : Transport unload (make groups inside a vehicle handled by another group, to unboard it).
v4.0 Beta 07
- Fixed unit skill not displayed correctly in GM interface, when the unit was local to the dedicated server.
- Reduced overal data broadcasted at INIT & in JIP (should reduce unsync on JIP player).
- Fixed : creating an ammobox or a building would make JIP players to be unsync.
- Improved : Added enter shortcut to validate a command line in the gm interface.
- Improved IED : detecting target speed should now be retro-compatibe with Arma 2.
- Change : Ammobox doesn't draw marker anymore.
v4.0 Beta 06
- Fixed firemode changing by itself.
- Added a gesture commo rose accessible with the "²" key
- Improved Friendly name : raised a bit.
- Improved Delete : Now delete gears on the ground.
- Fixed : GM units markers was not displaying corpse after turning it off / on.
- Fixed : GM interface custom group are now also displayed on faction without group data.
- Fixed : Buying a new bag in the show will now destroy the currently equiped bag instead of overloading the ground.
- Fixed : Unlocking all weapons in shop now also unlock the custom loadouts even if starting equipement is set to 0 (make more sense).
- Fixed : Killed GM now respawn correctly.
- Fixed : Remove dead function was sometime removing building & units.
- Fixed : Buying loadout will not teleport at bottom of a building/ground, if the shop is on altitude.
- Improved shop : Radio are now filtered to avoid multiple radio of the some name (to stop acre radio to overload the shop).
- Improved shop : Added a filter to help finding what your looking.
- Added shortcut in edit field : Enter & Num Enter now apply the set value.
- Improved player id generation.
- Improved data loading time.
- Improved JIP : spawned building & objects marker are now JIP compatible.
-Improved group manager : Should now refresh more accurately when the player is changing group.
v4.0 Beta 05
- Spawning code & Load/Save code improved for more flexbility.
- Fixed multi GM spawn conflict when a hosting player is a GM.
- Fixed orders not using the correct brush size on unit spawn, on dedicated server environement.
- Teleporting player to respawn will now teleport player in the tent when the tent is on water.
- Moving the respawn base will now place the base at the top of any object found at the specific position (usefull to move respawn on a carrier or atop a building, but beware the trees).
- Teleporting user will now put them atop of any building found at the specific position.
- Added an emtpy selection at the end of the shoplist to "fix" a bug where sometime an item would be out of the scrollbar reach.
- Players should be less prone to spawn in water.
- Spawn base should now work correctly if above water surface.
- Improved user teleportation function.
- Fixed : Ammoboxes type spawned 2 times.
- Fixed : Shop returning to primary weapon panel when changing panel before the weapons were displayed.
- Added support for Arma III fog.
- Removed usage of Arma III deleted script commands.
- Shop is now by default on : All unlocked & Starting Balance 100 M$
- Musics are now JIP sync.
- Added an option in the mission param to select the type of respawn / revive "Standard Respawn, Anyone can revive, Only Medic can revive".
- Added skill display on the unit mouse overlay.
- Fixed Load/Save function : Was sometime not correctly spawning some kind of object or missing object in the array.
- Players varname are now automatically assigned (no more need to set unit name when editing the mission in the editor, except for the GM units).
- Improved : Shop is now displaying, if any, weapons attachments in the description of an item.
- New feature : Allow player to recognize friendly face name nearby ala ACE (adjustable in mission parameters, On by default).
- AI Micromanagement function improvement : Alerted AI now engage and spot for on a farer distance.
- Improved info panel : Now also displaying information about the currently selected spawn.
- New feature : Added a custom group and the ability to add / remove unit of a custom group (they are shared across GMs).
- Improved shop : Now also display primary weapon using both primary & secondary slot.
- Improved 3D camera / placement / displacement : now working even if the GM is inside a vehicle.
- Fixed : Sometime Helicopter were not taking off after issued a new order.
v4.0 Beta 04
- Kill everything is now in 2D radius (so you can kill flying helicotper with a 5m brush)
- Improve groups data : Also show current selected unit in the group and health is now concatenated to avoid line jump with big class name.
- Reorganized folders inside pbo.
- Made customs scripts easier to be imported inside the mission (mods\scripts).
- Made it easier to change default used units per side ( see inside mods\, so you shouldn't have to change all the unit in mission editor one per one).
- Added a server benchmark on the gm interface.
- Improved : cloning, now clone group is handled by server and cloned units also obtain var name
- Fixed all interface texts stealing button focus due to a too large area.
- Improved buttons tool tip description.
- New feature : Group manager interface, to easily create group (active if Group change is allowed : true by default)
- Added a group count on the GM interface (for each side).
- Improved respawn system : Player should now be waiting for revive at the good Z position (before you were only on the ground even in building).
- Improved : All tools should now work in 2D radius on mini map (easier to manipulate flying vehicle or unit on roof with very small brush radius).
- Improved taxi system : Added a stop action inside the vehicle.
- Improved feedback message when successfully creating VTS object (such as VIP, target, ied etc...).
- Fixed : Starting the mission with no equipment, also remove NV goggles now.
- Added client_side & server_side script in the mods folder to simplify mission modification
- Added units data in the mods folders (no more need to edit the mission in the editor to change player units).
v4.0 Beta 03
- Fixed, sometime respawning was not teleporting you correctly to your base.
- Fixed, sometime GM could have the computer multiplied.
- Added a player killed log, for GM.
- Improved class change function.
- Now when you spawn a static group on a building they will be auto positioned on building position.
- Added a filter in the Load & Save panel (All, Shop & unlocks only, Spawn only, Building Only).
- Added an AI micromanagement parameter (Default On).
- New feature AI micromanagement (AI will share your position to nearby group, patrolling groups nearby will come investigate while static groups nearby will take defensive position). If a group has 30% of its units in a building, they will use the building to fight.
- Added an AI aim shake param (setup how much the AI can miss you).
- New Feature : Taxi system "vts_istransportvehicle". Work on Land / Ship / Helicorpter vehicles. Allow players to be transported acrosse the island before returning to base. Squad leader can change RTB position of each taxi. AI is still AI... But a lot of guardrail has been implemented to make the transport reliable.
- Improved Weaponize functions (it now adds a vest to the target, if it doesn't have one).
- Improved overall interface reactivity (This should reduce a lot the "click not working" effect).
- Improved Headless support.
- Clone function is now also cloning Weapons & Loadout.
- Fixed task Fail / Succeed not working.
- Fixed change class on GM would lose the open computer action.
- Added a marker on placable sounds to help deleting them.
- Improved Revive system : Drag action added. Life is now lost when shot down. Heal time increased to 20 seconds.
- Improved populate with civilian : Cars should now have a correct orientation on roads.
- Improved fill roads : Vehicles should patrol on longer distance and start with a better orientation.
- Added a new mission parameter : AI aiming efficiency (adjusting the ai shaking skill).
- Improved computer map interface : alt + 2xClick to teleport, shift + 2xClick to go in camera mode, 2xClick to apply current order, Del to erase objects under the current brush.
- Fixed Hostage behavior being stuck on dedicated server.
- Improved 3D placement & 3D move : Objects should not move further the camera angle now.
- New feature : Unit data, as mouse over on the mini map.
- Improved : Spawned units now have an unique varname (which can be used to manipulate them with the command line & scripts).
v4.0 Beta 02
v4.0 Beta 01
v Alpha 03
v Alpha 02
v Alpha 01
- BI forums
Tags: No tags