A script that adds ambient radio chatter to ArmA 3 vehicles.
- Adds to the "battlefield ambiance" of A3.
- Easy customization
- Only uses tracks from the A3 Alpha so no addons are required.
Installation / Usage:
1. Copy the file "radio.sqf" to your missions folder.
2. Create a trigger set to "repeatedly" with:
vehicle player != player;- On Activation:
nul = [this] execVM "radio.sqf";3. Place any vehicle on the map.
To change the time open the radio.sqf and change the number "300":
sleep random 300;And the number "300":
[["RadioAmbient2, "3", "etc."], 300];They represent time in seconds and can be changed to anything you want as long as they are the same in each field. You can also remove "random" if you want regular intervals but I find having it set to random adds to authenticity.
To change the volume open the radio.sqf and change the number "0.2" at the end of this line:
(0 fadeMusic 0.2);You can use any value between 0 and 1. The default BIS music volume is 0.5.
Just credit me if you use it. You don't have to ask permission.
I'm extremely new to scripting so feedback is welcome.
Even though the script now stops correctly on exiting a vehicle the loop itself will continue and you will probably still hear the effect once more within 5 minutes (or whatever you may have set the timer to) of exiting.
Credits & Thanks:
Thanks to BIS for the ArmA series of course, and thanks to the community for having an answer to everything ArmA related.
- [ADDED] Volume setting (see customization)
- [CHANGED] Default volume set to 0.2 (sounds less intrusive now)
- [FIXED] Script now terminates when player exits vehicle.
- Added Sample Mission
- Changed default timer to 300 (5 minutes)
- BI forums