This is a pack with four versions of the M4A1 carbine, in Woodland, Desert, Black and Winter/Urban. They come with a matching set of four silencers and are compatible with the standard weapon sights and attachments.
IMPORTANT - please read:
The new version 1.4 depends on the FHQ Accessory Pack
and will not work without it. You MUST have it installed in order to use this. The Accessory pack adds items like the AN/PEQ-15 and ACOG scope to the fray.
Extract into the ArmA 3 Directory, by default this is located in:
32-Bit - C:/Program Files/Steam/Steamapps/Common/ArmA 3/
64-Bit - C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/Steamapps/Common/ArmA 3/
After extraction it should look like this:
You can also use the "Arma 3 Alpha" folder in your "My Documents" folder. Your folder setup could than look like for example this:
Place the "userconfig" folder into your game install folder, usually:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3".
You'll also need to add a Launch Parameter to Steam, in order to do so right-click on ArmA 3 Alpha and click Properties and then Set Launch Options. In the window that opens enter in -mod=@your_mod_folder_name
For using multiple mods you would then do so like this:
You can also use -nosplash to get rid of the splash art and intro videos.
And of course you can also enable and disable community made addons and mods through the in-game Options Expansions menu if you do not want to mess with startup parameters!
When the above information still does not provide you with enough to learn how to install custom addons and mods you can always ask in our Guide On Installing Mods
To use, go to the editor, place a soldier and a “Colt Supply Crate” (found under Empty -> Ammo -> Colt Supply Crate).
The Holo sight looks slightly off-center, the reticle is not exactly between the two sides of the front post. However, the gun works and shoots at the Holo reticle
The ranom muzzle flash didn’t work yet, so right now it is static.
The two Kobra sights are too low to be really useful. The front post is in the way of aiming. I don’t know yet what to do about it, I might add a riser rail inbetween to get them higher.
Credits & Thanks:
Modelling by Alwarren
Textures by fluttershy
A very big “thank you” to M4Mkey for his patience with helping me to fix the floating magazine issue. I really appreciate it!
A big “thank you” to Armaholic for hosting the mod and for their years of community service. Too many times we take that service for granted.
And last not least, a big “thank you” to Bohemia Interactive for ten+ years of entertainment, and for the awesomeness that is Arma 3.
- Changed configs to be compatible with 1.24/Bootcamp update
- Different firing and GL reload sounds
- Tweaked config settings for silencer, now the suppressed M4′s bullet retains its speed.
- Model tweaks. I have reworked some parts of the models. A few sharp edges were rounded a bit, the end of the iron sight/carry handle was made round like the original, magazine interior was modified, and a few other changes.
- Some work on the SMDI and normal maps to remove so weird looking spots, and removed the shading from the magazine top to hide the weird dark line while reloading.
- Now come with custom reload animation, with separate anims for standing and prone reload. I admit I liked the Project - Reality reload, so I went for a similar look.
- Proper icons for all variants.
- Compatible with, and requiring, Robalo’s ASDG Joint Rails.
- New awesome sound effects courtesy of Windy Beach Audio (www.windybeachaudio.com)
- Compatible with Arma 3 final
- Requires FHQ Accessories Pack 1.3
- Added new (preliminary) sound effects
- Compatible with Arma 3 Beta
- New random muzzle flash
- Compatible with the latest FHQ Accessories pack
, as well as the new sniper scope from the Dev build. Dev build is not required, though you will only get the scope if you are on the dev branch.
- Some sound tweaks
- New variant with a Magpul angled foregrip
- Now with signatures and key for server usage (untested, please provide feedback)
- Fixed sound effects
- Tweaks to the front post and carrying handle
- Some tweaks in the hand position of the M203 version. Now the arm should no longer stretch painfully when using side-stepped aim.
- Now depends on the FHQ Accessory pack.
- Fixed missing icon for the woodland variant with silencer, side and top rail.
- Tweaked the hand position to reduce the angle and clipping
- Added magazine reload animations
- Fixed shading issue with the M203 leaf sight.
- Tweaked M203 aim points so that the view is no obstructed by the sights.
- Fixed “rubber arm” issue (which was caused by an invalid Geometry LOD)
- New variant M4A1 M203 with an underbarrel M203 grenade launcher, in four camos
- New custom silencer in four colors (black, tan, green and white).
- Customized hand anims for all variants.
- Reworked recoil for standard and suppressed fire.
- Reworked some of the aspects of the models to be more in line with the real M4.
- Some pre-configured variants in the ammo crate.
- New Magazines: Tracer Red, Green, Yellow and IR.
- Complete retexture by Fluttershy (Thanks Fluttershy, awesome work)
- New camo variant: Winter/Urban
- Working fire select switch. Selector switch will flip according to the fire mode of the weapon.
- Fixed a nasty issue with floating magazines and other visual artifacts caused by using the same name for Mode land Skeleton in model.cfg. Thanks to M4Mkey for his help in tracking this one down, he managed to find a way to 100% reproduce the issue.
- BI forums
- FHQ Accessories pack
- ASDG Joint Rails