This addon is a retexture of NATO, and Independent units and vehicles, It adds several camouflage uniforms plus custom made headgear and retextured gear in order to represent UK Forces Special Operations units in following types:
- SAS-SBS(desert): for arid and desert environments, with DPM Desert, US desert DCU tan and grey shirts camo variants.
- SAS-SBS(multicam): SF operators in MTP camo for every kind of environment from desert to temperate and wooden areas with tan and green shirts camo variants.
- SFSG(MTP): SFSG operators in MTP camo for every kind of environment from desert to temperate and wooden areas.
- SF(DA): for CQB\ Direct Action wearing coverall.
- SF\SFSG(Arctic): for snow and arctic environments.
- SF\SFSG(Vehicles): A3 vehicles adapted with UK SF\SFSG gear and crew: Quad, MRAPs, APC, Boat, Speedboat, SDV, static weapons, CH49, AH-7, littlebirds, offroads, truck.
- SF\SFSG(Support): Ammo bearers units, pilot and crew.
- SF\SFSG(Para): SF units equipped with parachutes ready to be deployed fom the sky.
- SF\SFSG(Divers): SF divers units ready to be deployed fom the sea.
- SF\SFSG(Snipers): SF snipers and spotters in ghillie suite multicam, desert, woodland and arctic.
- Units are equipped with L119A1, M249, Mk48, M240, SR25, M107, Browning HP, Glock and launchers from my NATO SF\Spetsnaz weapons pack.
- Units are equipped with custom helmets and headgear.
- Uniforms have more "SF" look, with different camos and plain colors shirts combinations.
- Heavy gear assault units for all the camos.
- Recon units for all the camos in 2 version "heavy" (Helmets and NVGs) and "light" (soft headgear).
- Ghillie suite snipers and spotter units for all the camos.
- Paras and Divers units already equipped with parachutes and diver gear respectively.
- Retextured A3 vehicles: Quad, MRAPs, APC, Boat, Speedboat, SDV, static weapons, CH49, AH7, littlebirds, offroads, truck wich have custom crews and gear loadout.
- Units have their own uniforms and gear items in all camo to make them interchangeable.
- Divers have their backpack with uniform, chest rig and helmet inside already to make them change clothes once ashore, plus their normal stuff (NOT WORKING ATM).
- There are 2 weapon boxes one contain all weapons ammo and items, the other contains all the uniforms, gears, and helmet stuff, you can place them in missions to quick configure your loadout.
- Wide variety of groups in the editor.
- Classlist included in folder.
Extract into the ArmA 3 Directory, by default this is located in:
32-Bit - C:/Program Files/Steam/Steamapps/Common/ArmA 3/
64-Bit - C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/Steamapps/Common/ArmA 3/
After extraction it should look like this:
You can also use the "Arma 3 Alpha" folder in your "My Documents" folder. Your folder setup could than look like for example this:
Place the "userconfig" folder into your game install folder, usually:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3".
You'll also need to add a Launch Parameter to Steam, in order to do so right-click on ArmA 3 Alpha and click Properties and then Set Launch Options. In the window that opens enter in -mod=@your_mod_folder_name
For using multiple mods you would then do so like this:
You can also use -nosplash to get rid of the splash art and intro videos.
And of course you can also enable and disable community made addons and mods through the in-game Options Expansions menu if you do not want to mess with startup parameters!
When the above information still does not provide you with enough to learn how to install custom addons and mods you can always ask in our Guide On Installing Mods.
UK Special Ops - SAS-SBS (sorted by camo)
Same for groups:
UK Special Ops - SAS-SBS (sorted by types)
For ALIVE mod users config faction\groups name: mas_ukf_sftg You’ll find all classnames in the classname file included in the folder.
Credits & Thanks:
I used what I found on web as reference sources.
For the Units:
Johannes: most part of the headgears has been taken, modified and adapted from Jonny's US Army Special Forces template by Johannes , thanks a lot for releasing them to the pubblic, without them I wouldn't have been able to add this headgear to the units !
Kiory: thank you very much for letting me use and modify your great balaclavas and berets models for the units!
For the Weapons:
Vilas: the weapons are mostly Vilas MLODS modified and ported to A3 with his permission, credits for most part of weapons models go to him thanks a lot because I wouldn't have been able to create realistic weapons for the units without your great models!
BI: for releasing the A1/A2/OA sample models , from which I have taken the rest of the weapons models ported to A3, thanks for the same reason above!
Alwarren: thanks a lot for making me able to port Vilas and A1 weapons to A3 , your constant help was essential to have the weapons working ingame!
Zach Gibsons: thanks a lot for making Arma 3 weapons Tutorial, without your great tutorial I wouldn't have been able to port the weapons ingame.
ToadBall: thanks a lot for making Arma 3 ready M16, that was foundamental to get the weapons ingame!
Kaelies : thanks a lot for for PSO reticles textures !
Thanks a lot to BI for their great Arma 3!
Thanks to all Arma community for great support !
- All UK SF units equipped with new L119A1 rifles
- added some new weapons from NATO SF\Spetsnaz weapon's pack
- fixed: armor values for items to make them more or less like BI
- fixed: insigna work now on all uniforms!
- added AH-7 Lynx helicopters (retextured)
- added 6 men sections in groups to fit in AH-7
- added compatibility with ALIVE MOD
- added new weapons and launchers from my NATO Sf/SPETSNAZ weapons pack
- added OA SF helmets
- added breacher units
- updated armor values to meet BI standards
- updated signatures keys
- New Multicam textures
- New MTP textures
- Better units organization in the editor
- Introduced "@mas" addonfolder to include all my addons, other addons will be integrated in next updates
- Dedicated Server Fix NO MORE NEEDED
- compatibility with A3 final release and latest NATO SF\Spetsnaz weapons pack version
- added balaclava as NVG (with balaclava with his own NVG model showed if used)
- added NVG for recon unit (not showed if not in use (day), better for light headgear)
- added more retextured vehicles (littlebird and CH49 helicopters, all static weapons, offroads, trucks...)
- improved camo combinations variety for SF (green\tan shirts added)
- improved loadouts and gear
- scuba units are equipped with UW MP5SD6 (more SF feeling)
- New MULTICAM camo
- fixed: VAS compatibility of items
- fixed: chestrig wrong textures
- fixed: groups added in classlist
- Units are equipped with M4A1 and other current NATO SF weapons from my NATO SF\Spetsnaz weapons pack
- added custom helmets and headgear
- added "independent type" uniforms
- added custom gear and crew A3 vehicles
- added paras, divers, ghillie snipers, support units
- reworked textures
- reworked units loadout
- reworked ammoboxes loadout
- splitted config and data pbo for faster updates
- added DPM woodland and DPM desert gear and helmets
- added Green gear and helmets
- reworked textures
- reworked ammoboxes loadout (more gear)
- first release
- Armaholic forums
- BI forums
- NATO SF and Russian Spetsnaz Weapons