The Canadian Armed Forces Modification for ARMA 3 aims to bring he most accurate and complete portrayal of the Canadian Military into ARMA 3. The team is made up primarily of former ONS developers, we are working hard to bring you a strong, rounded and quality CAF expirence in ARMA 3.
- Heavy Logistics Vehicle Wheeled (HLVW)
- Tactical Armoured Patrol Vehicle (TAPV) "Placeholder"
- Multiple Vest re-textures
- C8 series (in regular and 3 alternate camo schemes)
- C7 series rifle
- C9 Light Machine Gun
- C6 General Purpose Machine Gun
- M72A6 Short Range Anti Tank Launcher (Fully Disposable as of v1.0)
- M2 Carl Gustav
- Ghillie Suits (ARID & TEMPERATE)
- PVS-14 Monocular Night Vision (from StalkerGB)
- Carry All Ruck in TW Cadpat
- Combat Arms Units flags (Regular Force units only at this time *requests are welcomed)
- LAV III
- Leopard C2 (2035 edition)
- CH-146 Griffon (3 variants as of V1.7)
WARNING!! The pack has been completely re-written, delete all previous CAF content before installing!!
Extract into the ArmA 3 Directory, by default this is located in:
32-Bit - C:/Program Files/Steam/Steamapps/Common/ArmA 3/
64-Bit - C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/Steamapps/Common/ArmA 3/
After extraction it should look like this:
Steam/Steamapps/Common/ArmA 3/@your_mod_folder_nameYou can also use the "Arma 3 Alpha" folder in your "My Documents" folder.
You'll also need add a Launch Parameter to Steam, in order to do so right-click on ArmA 3 Alpha and click Properties and then Set Launch Options. In the window that opens enter in -mod=@your_mod_folder_name
For using multiple mods you would then do so like this:
You can also use -nosplash to get rid of the splash art and intro videos.
And of course you can also enable and disable community made addons and mods through the in-game Options Expansions menu if you do not want to mess with startup parameters!
When the above information still does not provide you with enough to learn how to install custom addons and mods you can always ask in our Guide On Installing Mods.
Requires CBA_A3 for the M72A6 Launcher - CBA A3.
All units can be found under Blue/Canadian Army/Men AR or Men TW
All classnames can be found here: Class List (PDF) (v0.85).
Armaholic.com has its own Youtube channel where we will cover the Community made releases.
Subscribe to the Armaholic.com Youtube channel
More screenshots can be viewed here:
Canadian Armed Forces Sound Fix:
Here is a temporary sound fix. It's only for the sounds, but that should be enough until we release our next build.
It includes keys but this is signed under a different key than the main mod (and is built as a separate mod): - Canadian Armed Forces Sound Fix
Leopard 2 A6
Sniper Rifles (C3, C14, C15)
Royal Canadian Airforce:
Royal Canadian Navy:
Canadian Special Operation Forces:
CSOR Inspired Units
CJIRU Inspired Units
We are looking for modellers to help out with some vehicle creation. Please contact me via pm if you are able and willing to help out.
More Screen and Videos coming soon.
Credits & Thanks:
Ohally - Configs, O2 work, concept, Project Lead
theebu - Textures, config, O2
B.Moody - C8, C6, C9 custom sounds
BIS - ARMA Series + CH-146 Griffon from TOH. (with permissions)
INKO - Disposable Scripts
AAW - M72A6, M2CG Models, ELCAN
Modern Crisis Mod - C7, C8
M.Flatt - Magpul Angled Grip
ABS - Helmet model
Sabre - Helmet Texture - Modified by theebu
DK||SES|| - C9 butt stock textures
messiah [p:ukf] - C9 model and textures
Alwarren - Help with and examples of the C7/C8 reload, hand animations, and M203 sights
DDAM - Original C7, C8, M203 textures and models.
pomigit - Flag Baseball cap Mlods and configs
Kiory - Susat mlods HUGE help making the ELCAN 3D
7CMBG.CA - Official Testers
Morency - O2 work on many models and config work.
StalkerGB - PVS -14 Models and textures
TOH Samples (CH-146) - BIS
ARJay - Help with cfgGroups for full ALIVE compatibility
Nixon - HD Weapons Textures, LAV II Texture Fixes, CH-147/146 Textures
Lennard - Leopard C2 Textures
If I missed you send me a PM and you will be added.
- Fixed all known 1.5 errors
- Fixed M72 and M2 84mm Rockets
- Fixed CH-147F seating (no longer fills right side first.)
- Added new 3 X Scope (from A2OA Samples)
- Added Leopard C2 (circa 2035) Lennards Reskin
- Added proper helmets on all door gunners (randomized)
- Tweaked all small arms dispersion and rates of fire
- Tweaked Randomization scripts to skip player controlled units
- fixed some errors with the "CAF_C7A2" "CAF_C9A2" addons
- 3D ELCAN now compatible with C7, C8, C9
- C6 now ONLY compatible with TWS MG
- Jerry Cans on LAV 3 Turret now rotate with the Turret
- No more Elcan Error!!
- Also M72A6 rockets now have drop, I just noticed a bit of an issue with it.. I am working on fixing it before I fully release the fixes.
- ATVs in both OD and Tan
- Chinook fixes for most of the issues being posted here and few other (too many to list)
- M72A6 - sound reduction to avoid cf98s from those with high bass settings and the dropped tubes will no longer bounce, can now be adjusted between 100-300 meters
- Griffon - multiple fixes to class names etc
- randomization of infantry gear (helmets, uniforms, backpacks)
- High Res textures for small arms (C7, C6, C8, C9)
- Groups are now out of CAF_Groups for easier updating and organization
- New sounds for all weapons from JSRS Arma 2 (with permissions) fully compatible with JSRS A3
- LAV 3 ISC - currently only one variant for public testing and feed back. we will be adding Engineer variants down the road and Desert camo variants as well
- Mechanized Groups - LAV Sections Fully ALIVE compatible
- 3D Elcan
- added CH-147F
- new textures for CH-146
- added CADPAT bags (B_caf_assault_TW or _AR, B_caf_bergen_TW or _AR, B_caf_kitbag_TW or _AR)
- added AR10T in Black with Green furniture, ARID, TEMPERATE, and ARCTIC patterns. Uses EBR mags.
- JSRS should be compatible (at least small arms) unsure at this time...
- Added JTF2 Assaulters
- Added Repair / Rearm HLVW
- Fixed bugs from last release
- New Temperate and Arid Uniforms *note short sleeves disabled for now as there is a clipping issue with the model, BIS can only fix
- Added Sniper, Spotter, Crewman classes
- Added C8A3 CQB variant
- All classnames have been changed to prevent future conflicts with other mods as well as make more sense
- Tweaked mass of certain equipment items
- Pre-built groups ARID and TEMPERATE infantry
- Tweaked eye position for ELCAN battle sights
- and more..
- C79 Elcan can now be adjusted using page up/ page down from 200m up to 800m
- C7A2, C8A3, C9A2 all compatible with the new sniper scope (if that's the way you roll)
- M72A6 ammunition renamed to avoid conflicts with scripts such as VAS (still a disposable launcher, no need to carry rockets.)
- Fixed: Now signed V2 for signature checks
- Inventory Icons for Boonie Hats
- All soldiers spawn with a Boonie hat in the uniform pocket
- C9A2 causing game crashes
- Vehicle Tech
- Combat Engineer
- Flags: Army; Air Force; Navy; Canada.
- Optic conflicts with other weapon packs (I think)
- Overall config clean up
- Boonie Hats, Temperate and Arid
- CADPAT Rucks
- Hand positions on all weapons
- M203 Sights
- Reload animations for C7 and C8
- Armaholic forums
- BI forums
- Canadian Armed Forces Patch #1
- Community Base addons A3
- Hidden Identity Pack
- Canadian Armed Forces Sound Fix