Knokploeg sound modification
Michel S. Boonstra
The Knokploeg sound mod replaces and adds new weapon, explosion, sonic whizzby, bullet hit, gear, player and other sounds to the Hell in the Pacific mod.
- new gun, cannon and explosion sounds
- added new (and more specific) supersonic effects for guns, cannons, projectiles and explosions
- new player gear, movement and footstep sounds, separate sets for allies and axis
- new and more bullet hits and whizzes
- new player hit and hurt sounds
- new ambient voices sounds for Commonwealth troops (Ozzies now..) and the US troops
- new Japanese combat-mode voices
- new death music
As we always recommend use modfolders to seperate the custom content from the official game content to prevent problems. For different ways to set up your modfolders and use them please visit our FAQ
When you are using the Steam version you can find a Steam mod installation and activation FAQ here
For server admins only:
If you want the addon signatures to be verified, add the following line to the server.cfg file:
Than place the public key (located in the "server key" folder) into the Arma2\keys folder.
Adding ambient voices to your custom mission:
Copy the "DIH_av.sqf" and "init.sqf" (located of the "mission_enable_ambient_voices" folder) to your custom mission folder.
If you already have an init.sqf, do not
overwrite it but add the following line to your existing init.sqf:
Have fun using the Knokploeg Sound mod along the fantastic Hell in the Pacific mod.
Credits & Thanks:
I sampled the sounds from various sources like the movies and TV series:
The Pacific (2010)
The Thin Red Line (1998)
Band of Brothers (2001)
Saving Private Ryan (1998)
Merry Christmas Mr.Lawrence (1983)
and various internet sources.
Death music track taken from the Thin Red Line score by the great Hans Zimmer.
Hell in the Pacific mod --> by the Hell in the Pacific mod team
Arma2 --> by Bohemia Interactive
- first public release
- Hell in the Pacific
- Arma 2