Zachs Full-on guide to Custom Weapons!by
I have just finished a 30 page guide to Making a Custom Weapon for Arma 3.
Here is what it contains:
---I May Make a basic Video in the future for modeling and mapping a simple weapon if people would like me to
• Chapter 2 Setting Up Oxygen 2 and Buldozer (3d Viewer for O2)
---ehh I kinda cheated this part out…. Just a video from another user.
• Chapter 3 Oxygen 2 and TexView2
• Chapter 3.1 Importing a Model into Oxygen 2 (O2)
• Chapter 3.2 Setting up all the needed/relavent LODs- Resolution LOD, Memory, Geometry, Shadow, View Pilot, and Proxies
• Chapter 3.3 Converting your weapon textures into an A3 Readable format, (paa, pac) using TexView2
• Chapter 3.4 CORRECTLY applying these textures in O2
• Chapter 4 The config and model files
• Chapter 4.1 The config file, making a fully custom one
• Chapter 4.2 The model file, for the weapon and hand animation
• Chapter 5 Making the custom hand animation for your weapon!
• Chapter 6 Custom UI Images for the Inventory screen
• Chapter 7 Binarizing the File CORRECTLY into a PBO
It is complete with images and explanations.
Keep in mind this is my first big guide, but I did my best! I spent many hours on this hammering away!
I really hope you all enjoy it and find some use out of it!
The 45 MB DL contains the guide, my weapon PBO as well as the source, and a couple other goodies to help out.
I have no idea if my PBO works for other people. It works for me, so I don't see why it wouldn't work for you
Let me know how the guide is!
You will notice I skipped some weapon animation parts BUT as I get better at this I will update the guide!
Please send me messages if this has helped you or if you need more help! I too am still learning and have skipped a few minor areas. Email info is in the guide.
- BI forums
Tags: No tags