Requirements: Arma 2, The Unsung Vietnam War Mod, Community Base Addons
Island(s): Plei Trap Valley
Playable options: N/A
Date: 2014-09-14 14:00
4 mission mini campaign for the Unsung MOD. The Story is based on real events happened in the Plei Trap Valley in March 1969.
I did not use real names of soldiers who fought and died during "Operation wayne Grey" out of respect.
Extract the .rar file in your Campaigns folder. If you do not have one then create it.
The player is rarely in command during the missions. If you are becoming CO then all higher ranks have been killed or are wounded. This small campaign is more for players who don't like being in command.
Forces are about company size. Low end computer will handle this campaign, but AI might be at times unresponsive. When play testing on my I7, the missions run very well. So in case you have a low end computer you might run into these kind of "flaws". Processing power is very important in large scale missions.
Given the sheer amount of units in this missions it is not recommended to approach your objectives in a "John Rambo" playstyle. Having used the first aid modules a Rambo playstyle will penalize you. As a matter of fact you will be more rolling around on the ground, rather than playing the missions. So be cautious all the time.
- Mission 1 "Valley of tears": You are Aaron Hill a combat medic. Try to keep your buddies alive. Choose carefully when to heal somebody of your platoon. Everytime you are trying to heal a wounded you will most likely entering the enemies field of fire.
- Mission 2 "Rescue Alpha": This mission is a night mission. Luckily it is Full moon -- visibility is reduced but you will be able to see something in any case. I used UPS in this mission. You are a machine gunner in Delta 4th platoon named Tom Jenkins. You will have a long walk ahead of you and you can't rush because you are forced to a night march. UPS gives the mission some randomness. If you are lucky there will be only a few fire fights if you don't, well . . .
- mission 3 "Hill 947": The players input during the attack is crucial. Changing positions is constantly required. The enemy has surrounded the hill and you have no other choice than to fight. Do not stay too long in the same position . . . you gonna regret it. Make good use of the foxholes.
- Mission 4 "Ammo low": Delta company is running low on ammo and the supply drop overshot. Guess who is tasked to retrieve the ammo boxes? Don't rush this mission. You might be forced to change multiple times weapon and scrounge whatever you can get your hands on.
Help keeping your buddies alive whenever you can, but don't forget that your firepower is crucial for survival.
- text messages of audiofiles are not displayed in intro of mission 4.
Everytime I preview it in the editor they are displayed once I pack it into pbo format the intro is lacking the display of the subtitles. Really weird was unable to fix that. I hope it is only on my side.
- Sometimes the medic bug is still appearing in mission 1. I can't fix it.
Credits & Thanks:
A special thanks goes to all the voice actors.
Voice actors in alphabetical order:
Thanks for testing and giving valuable feedback
- CBA team
- AZCoder for helping me out with the ammo drop
- Clayman for his Anim viewer
- Kronsky UPS script
- Chris Henderson for his ArmA edit tool
- Charon production Troopmon3 ( for debugging purposes -- not required as addon)
- BI Forums
- Arma 2
- The Unsung Vietnam War Mod
- Community Base Addons
Tags: No tags