Downloads / Operation Arrowhead / Scenario / Co-op missions / Escape From Chernarus - HulaZone Co-08 (@)
Escape From Chernarus - HulaZoneby
The purpose of this mod is to expand upon what Engima created with the original Escape Chernarus mod by adding a host of new features (see below for implemented, in the works and planned features). My friends and I have been enjoying ourselves with playing this mod for the past couple of months whilst I have been continuously iterating on it, and now we are sharing it with you!
This is still quite an early build, and it is also my first attempt at modding ArmA 2 (I usually use CryEngine 3), but there shouldn't be any major issues as we have given this a go now with up to full squads of eight people without any major hickups.
Everything implemented thus far has been in line with the lore/context of the imagined scenario to the best of my abilities. Nota bene that I do not want to bloat the mission with too many variations of the same weapons, or too many different weapon types with different ammunition, but rather up the variety a bit with an emphasis on creating new gameplay possibilities.
If you haven't enabled a mod for Arma 2 before you just extract the .rar file to your Arma2 install location, start the game, click "Expansions" in the main menu and enable the Escape From Chernarus - HulaZone mod. To play it single-player you either simply host it as a LAN-game or take the mission file (which is available both as a separate download and in the MPMissions folder of the .rar) and put it in your Missions folder of Arma2 and start it as a regular single-player scenario.
You also need the Community Base Addons (you need it for most ArmA 2 mods already) which you can download here: Community Base Addons
• Greater enemy variation (more boats, helis, airplanes, APCs, tanks, trucks, cars and motorcycles as well as more diversity among enemy infantry forces with different patrol sizes).
• Civilian interaction
• Military and Civilian camps out in the wilderness
• Bunkers (both manned and long since forgotten)
• Military bases (extremely high value loot, but also extremely challenging)
• Greater town & airfield garrisons
• Optionable OpFor players with side-swap/respawn that will try to track the escapees down/defend high value targets
• Radio transmissions from the guerrilla leading the players to the location of some of their camps in the wilderness. This could be dependent on players' scores to simulate a Quid Pro Qou situation where the players have incentive to stick around Chernarus for a while, whilst also committing themselves to more dangerous escapades. The score in this situation would also be extra interesting as it gives negative score for killing civilians.
• Bounty system?
• Intel system?
• More/changeable outfits
As this is still a work in progress I would love to hear what you think of it, what you think needs changing, something that could/should be added or if anything simply doesn't work [the way it should be]!
- Massive rework of the dashboard of the mod: everything is now properly sorted, the spawn chances, number of weapons and magazines dropped homogenized, new statistical analysis of the probable number of unique drops per depot per category (see: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?155860-Escape-From-Chernarus-HulaZone&p=2425672&viewfull=1#post2425672 ).
- Some code reorganization, following the rework of the dashboard.
- Lower spawn chance per item overall to account for all the new weapons, albeit a slightly higher drop chance for some place-able heavy weapons.
- New airplanes (minijets and Cessnas) and different kinds of gliders spawning on the airfields and countryside.
- New fixed defenses on the northwest airfield, including a number of AA defenses, as well as a parked tank.
- New/edited/removed journal entries; should now prove for a bit more entertaining, as well as efficient read plus some other minor text tweaks.
- New guard type (introducing a new weapon for the guards, which should be able to diversify the early gameplay quite a lot), as well as some new enemy types.
- Two new roadblock vehicles (including one that is quite deadly ;)).
- Some new ambient vehicles.
- The roaming ATV with the US soldier should now be removed.
- All form of backpacks have been properly added and are verified functioning in-game (this includes the UAV, Heavy weapons, backpacks and ammo packs).
- Removed the starting backpacks of all players.
- Fixed the time speedup; the host can now set the length of the day/night cycle.
- New longer enemy spawn distance options.
- Host options for setting view distance.
- Switched to a date with full moon. This also means that as time progresses (especially if you are playing with a time speed up), and you play for a number of days, the nights will grow darker, as you also improve and find new equipment.
- Due to your high-profile capture and, soon to be, daring escape the Russians have taken an interest and sent a Spetsnaz company to the area to help the Chedaki hunt you down.
- A new guard type at the prison.
- ALICE Pack re-added to loot list.
- All new backpacks (25 of them), place-able heavy weapons, rpg and metis ammo-backpack for the loaders,
- 2 different rangefinders
- RAVEN UAV-drone
- New outfits (as the ArmA 2 models can't use backpacks - these are still not the final models though as I have found some really cool ones among the OA units which I think you will enjoy, but as they are different "sides" the revive script starts acting up, any help would be appreciated)
- Longer hijacking and transmission countdown to make it a bit more realistic (the "spotter" can crack it faster than the others).
This version updates the dependencies by adding Len's backpacks. This file is of course included in the addon-package.
- 88 new weapons have been added to the game
- some new vehicles
- stationary weapons and one or two new enemies!
- Quickfix for the dependencies.
- Hotfix for the fastrope script. Should work now exclusively on the UH-choppers, will look into if it might work on the Mi-7.
- Also somewhat edited some of the texts.
Credits & thanks:
The original scenario was made by Engima of Ostgota Ops, and kudos goes to him for laying the foundation for this mod (Escape Chernarus (Mission Release))
There are some addons/scripts implemented/"in the works" that are originally created by other authors, and all credit goes to them for their excellent work. All rights are retained as stated by these original authors (their readme files are included in the modfolder and I've kept their .pbos as is and also named them below in the list of features ).
You are free to redistribute this mod for non-commercial purposes. Derivatives are usually allowed but you need written permission by me to do so.
- BI forums (Updated changelog and a list of current dependencies and used addons can be found on the forum page)
- Community Base Addons
- Package included (<500MB)