The DUWS generate randomly a mini campaign, with all the enemy zones to capture being randomly generated.
Or you can also choose to manually place your HQ and the enemy and easily make your own unique "campaign".
The key here is to have maximum replayability, where the player can setup his own campaign or let the DUWS create everything randomly for him.
* Play the way you want:
- Control your personnal squad of troopers and fight against the OPFOR
- Control several squads, vehicles and supports and try to retake the island from the enemy (not yet implemented, since I'm waiting for High Command module to be released(I hope))
- ...or a mix of all of them
* Random side mission, with names randomly generated
* Play the DUWS on any island you want to.
* VAS by Tonic (Armory)
* Several support options to unlock (UAV, Arty, Personnal FLIR, VAS, ...)
* You can define by yourself the HQ, the enemy zones, or just the HQ and let the DUWS generate the zones automatically. You can also let the DUWS create everything by itself. Basicly you decide the level of randomization there is.
Extract the .pbo file(s) to your Steam/SteamApps/common/ArmA 3/Missions folder for singleplayer.
Extract the .pbo file(s) to your Steam/SteamApps/common/ArmA 3/MPMissions folder for multiplayer/coop.
You can play with the DUWS on any island you want, you just have to rename the .pbo file.
Example: DWS.stratis.pbo >> DWS.chernarus.pbo
Right now, it's still a bit proof of concept, but it's playable and I'm releasing it mainly to get suggestions and debug help.
No required addons, you can play ArmA III vanilla or use all the addons you want: islands, weapons, gear.
Note that the DUWS will not show addons that adds BLUFOR units/vehicle, since they are added by hand.
However, addons that add OPFOR vehicles will be used, since OPFOR vehicles are taken directly from the cfgVehicles classes.
I just realized the name of the DUWS is a bit similar to the Dynamic War Sandbox. This mission has nothing to do with it, it's just a coincidence.
If you are running the dev build of ArmA III the "dev" files version have the High Command module fully integrated.
How to place manually the HQ and the enemy zones:
See inside the init.sqf more info.
- During the first few minutes of the campaign, you may get an error message popping with something like "'access/' is not a vehicle class", disregard that.
- Generating a side mission may take up to a few minutes on stratis, that's because the island has a lot of slopes.
*Add side missions to the mission pool (actually only 5 are present)
Credits & thanks:
Mission made by kibot.
VAS script by Tonic.
Thanks to Kempco for the mapsize script.
- BI forums
Tags: No tags