This mod is adds over 400 accurate and realistic U.S. military personnel from the 1980s and 1990s, including U.S. Army regular infantry, Rangers and U.S. Marines with backpacks, radios and small equipment and items. It also adds over 20 variants of the basic M998 HMMWVs.
I hope you enjoy this addon as much as I've enjoyed making it!
- Over 400 high quality, period accurate Soldiers, Rangers and Marines from the late 80s to mid 90s.
- The most accurate HMMWV that will probably be made for a video game ever.
- Nine different backpacks with more realistic capacity.
- Gear and equipment commonly issued to troops during the late 80s and mid 90s.
- No depended addons
- Uses ArmA2's weapons.
- Ability using the setobjecttexture command to customize nametapes and shoulder sleeve insignias.
- Ability using the setobjecttexture command to change between covers, boonies and helmets and different uniforms and camouflage, including woodland, 6 color desert (chocolate chip pattern), Desert Camouflage Uniform, OD green, Urban and black.
As we always recommend use modfolders to seperate the custom content from the official game content to prevent problems. For different ways to set up your modfolders and use them please visit our FAQ
When you are using the Steam version you can find a Steam mod installation and activation FAQ here
Classnames can be found in the included text file!
Other usage information can be found in the included readme.
Credits & Thanks:
Thanks to Max Powers and Impluse9 for addon help, MadM0nkey for making the ridiculously long classname list for the units and Laqueesha for pointing out inaccuracies I had no idea about.
Also to anyone else I forgot to mention and everyone who supported me.
1. DO NOT OPEN THE PBO. If you want to open it, simply ask for permission. If you want to develop scripts or extensions of this addon, ask for my permission.
2. DO NOT BE A DICK AND RUIN IT FOR EVERYONE.
3. DO NOT STEAL OR RIP MY MODELS OR TEXTURES.
4. DO NOT SELL THIS ADDON OR MAKE MONEY FROM IT.
5. DO NOT REQUIRE SUBSCRIPTIONS, REGISTRATION OR OTHER INTRUSIVE REQUIREMENTS OR ADDITIONS TO DOWNLOAD THIS MOD.
6. DO NOT PUT THIS IN ANYTHING ELSE BESIDES ARMA2 AND ARMA3. IF IT WORKS IN ARMA3, IT WORKS. IF IT DOESN'T, IT DOESN'T. DON'T BLAME ME IF IT BREAKS ARMA3.
7. DO NOT USE FOR COMMERCIAL OR MILITARY TRAINING PURPOSES.
I have worked very hard on this mod for a couple of years, spending my personal time, money and effort, for nothing at all, to give to the ArmA2 community this addon. The only thing I ask if for you to follow these simple and easy instructions.
People have broken these simple rules already. This is why I no longer will be providing the option to change head gear for future releases. It's not hard gents.
Fixed - A lot of stuff
Added - Flight Line Marshallers
Added - Engineers, light now have correct "engineer" equipment
Added - U.S. Army Rangers
Added - Cammie paint faces
Added - Basic M998s and unarmed M1025s
Fixed – 80s desert Marine Corpsman
Fixed – 80s woodland Marine Corpsman patch
Fixed – various mistakes in readme
Fixed – Marine being labeled as Soldier
Fixed - 90s Marines DCU uniforms
Fixed – CVC helmet cable
Fixed – clipping issue with boonies and caps
Fixed – some shading issues
Fixed – various units with MOS specific patches
Fixed – 80s Marines nametape and branch tape
Changed – ALICE packs for medic and RATELO changed from 20 slots to 30 slots
Added – 33 shoulder patch, each with subdued/subdued and American Flag/subdued.
Added – Eagle, Globe and Anchor iron on insignias on Marine PASGT Kevlar helmets.
- first public beta release
- BI forums