Welcome my fellow Arma addicts. So you've found your way to this page and with good reason - for scopes!
Well I'm happy to present the community with a lineup of attentively recreated models.
Each and every one has been studied and recreated as closely as my aging eyes can see.
Everything has been made from the ground up to please the milsim players with the texture fidelity to please the gamers alike.
It is without further ado that I present to you Scope Mod A3, making aiming a more enjoyable experience!
Nightforce B.E.A.S.T. 25X
Extract into the ArmA 3 Directory, by default this is located in:
32-Bit - C:\Program Files\Steam/Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\
64-Bit - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam/Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\
After extraction it should look like this:
You can also use the "Arma 3 Alpha" folder in your "My Documents" folder. Your folder setup could than look like for example this:
When present place the "userconfig" folder into your game install folder, usually:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3".
You may already have "userconfig" folder from other addons and/or mods in which case it is safe to merge the contents from this archive.
You'll also need to add a Launch Parameter to Steam, in order to do so right-click on ArmA 3 Alpha and click Properties and then Set Launch Options. In the window that opens enter in -mod=@your_mod_folder_name
For using multiple mods you would then do so like this:
You can also use -nosplash to get rid of the splash art and intro videos.
And of course you can also enable and disable community made addons and mods through the in-game Options Expansions menu if you do not want to mess with startup parameters!
When the above information still does not provide you with enough to learn how to install custom addons and mods you can always ask in our Guide On Installing Mods
Aimpoint RDS - HD Tex
Item class name = iansky_rds
Comes in classic black.
Trijicon RX01 - HD Tex + KillFLASH Attachment
Item class name = iansky_rx01
Comes in classic black and includes a KillFlash variant.
Micro T1 - HD Tex + LaRue Mount Tall + LaRue Mount Short + KillFLASH Attachment
Item class name = iansky_t1
Comes in classic black and includes a KillFlash and short-mount variant.
Leupold DeltaPoint + HD Tex + Tri Reticle
Item class name = iansky_deltapoint
Comes in classic black while also being available as an attachment for the Elcan SpecterDR.
NightForce B.E.A.S.T. 5-25x + HD Tex
Item class name = iansky_beast
Comes in classic black.
Elcan SpecterDR + HD Tex + RDS Plate + Tan/Black/FDE/Desert Skins + KillFLASH Attachment
Item class name = iansky_specter
Comes in classic black, desert, FDE and olive tan. Also included is a KillFlash and mounted reflex variant with 3D and 2D sights to choose from.
C-More Reflex Sight
Item class name = iansky_cmore
Comes in grey, green and classic black.
And with all the old stuff refined, I can happily move onto new content. Work on the SpecterOS, Aimpoint Magnifier and PKA-S is already well underway with releases coming in the near-future.
Credits & Thanks:
Robert_Hammer - Asset importing, content alterations and final compiles.
mp5gosu- Troubleshooting issues.
r0tzbua - Texture work. His Profile (External)
jason9jason - Texture work. His Profile (External)
Comrade - Texture work.
Odec3D - Bonus Item! His Profile (External)
License / Disclaimer:
SCOPE MOD A3 BY JESSE STIPPEL (IANSKY) IS LICENSED UNDER A CREATIVE COMMONS ATTRIBUTION-NONCOMMERCIAL-NODERIVATIVES 4.0 INTERNATIONAL LICENSE
ALL MODELS AND TEXTURES ARE LICENSED TO THEIR RESPECTIVE PARTNERS.
- You'll now find the Elcan has the latest collimator effect and a proper 3D view with absolutely no tunneling. This gives you a wider view and a more pleasant viewing experience, enjoy!
- We've also updated the T1 model which now has as-well, a minimized tunnel that correlates better in relation to the real world examples.
- Oh and we added the missing knob on the C-More, sorry about that!
- hotfixed some fixes that RH made
- The NightForce is now the correct scale and has a little more glossiness to the texture
- The reflection on the red dot lenses has also been toned down quite significantly
All previous models have been updated, including textures, geometry and normal maps.
All Red Dot Sights have been upgraded to a newer form of collimator. Thanks RH!
All relevant scopes have been given a KillFlash.
The Aimpoint T1 has been given a short-mount variant as requested.
The Elcan SpecterDR comes in both 3D & 2D optic variants.
The Elcan also comes with a mounted reflex sight!
On-top there have been some adjustments and general improvements across the board.
- Leupold DeltaPoint released.
- Aimpoint T1 released. Textures finalized and details added.
- RX01 scope released.
- RDS updated with 3D scope lens and subtle dirt/gloss effect.
- Updated RDS red dot to work with new NVG re-work.
- Removed "Arma III" from RDS texture.
- FOV tweaked.
- Alpha compile of RX01 scope completed.
- T1 scope modelling initiated.
- Added .Bikey + .Bisign files.
- Updated diffuse and normal textures for RDS. Now includes the corresponding selector icons.
- BI forums