Author: JDog & TeTeT
Author Website: http://tspindler.de/arma/arma3/nimitz/
Requirements: Community Base addons A3
Signed: Yes, serverkey included
Short description: A conversion of the Nimitz from Arma 2 to Arma 3.
This Arma 3 version has been backported to Arma 2! You can find the Arma 2 version here.
With JDog's kind permission I ported his USS Nimitz to Arma 3. So here comes another preview release of the USS Nimitz in Arma 3.
Some work has been put into the scripts and lights to make them work with Arma 3. Most of the functionality but for the elevators have been converted to modules. Work on documenting the modules is in progress.
This preview release of the Nimitz for arma3 is quite important, as an interface to the scripting and hence missions world has been changed: The various global variables have been removed, allowing to place multiple functional carriers on map. Two missions, one for single-, one for multiplayer accompany this release that illustrate this new option.
Graphically this preview release offers a new island texture, by ASBOJay, who already contributed via the new hull and deck textures. The re-texturing of the carrier is on going work, but now the textures on the outside are done. Some experiments with rvmats were undertaken, but not included due to problems with reflections.
Extract into the ArmA 3 Directory, by default this is located in:
32-Bit - C:/Program Files/Steam/Steamapps/Common/ArmA 3/
64-Bit - C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/Steamapps/Common/ArmA 3/
After extraction it should look like this:
You can also use the "Arma 3" folder in your "My Documents" folder. Your folder setup could than look like for example this:
Place the "userconfig" folder into your game install folder, usually:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3".
You'll also need to add a Launch Parameter to Steam, in order to do so right-click on ArmA 3 and click Properties and then Set Launch Options. In the window that opens enter in -mod=@your_mod_folder_name
For using multiple mods you would then do so like this:
You can also use -nosplash to get rid of the splash art and intro videos.
And of course you can also enable and disable community made addons and mods through the in-game Options Expansions menu if you do not want to mess with startup parameters!
When the above information still does not provide you with enough to learn how to install custom addons and mods you can always ask in our Guide On Installing Mods.
The download contains sample missions for single and multiplayer.
You can download the documentation for the modules from here: USS Nimitz Modules Documentation
Old screen can be viewed here:
- sound volumes might be off, feedback is welcome
- some textures have diagonal distortions
- due to the deprecation of global variables, the built-in hook and wire animation of the
F/A-18 v 1.50 does no longer work. See the work around section.
- the towing module has debug output enabled by default, please disable it manually
- sometimes you spawn in the water with the onShip and Flightdeck/Briefing/Hangar module
- placing the ambiance module without towing will produce an error and towing will
- the carrier does not move
- sometimes the plane will suddenly explode when moved into the catapult position
- the plane will take some damage when landing
- for towing only the F-18 is supported right now, other arma3 vehicles may follow
- towing does not work on dedicated server - unless the towed vehicle is local to the
- clipping errors where the sub models of the Nimitz connect
- you can fall through invisible cracks
- in 3d view you can see through walls
No need to report these issues, but if you find something new please get in touch via the BIS Forums (nick: TeTeT).
The wire animation of the built-in hook script of the F/A-18 v 1.50 does no longer work. This
can be countered by adding the following code to the Nimitz init line:
nimCar3 = ["nimCar3", this] call TTT_fnc_global;nimCar4 = ["nimCar4", this] call TTT_fnc_global;
Background: the global variables were all removed to allow for multiple carriers on map. The
TTT_fnc_global retrieves the former global variable from the object and the above code adds it
again as global variable. Unfortunately the F/A-18 wire animation will only work with one carrier
On the roadmap for version 11:
o fixing bugs
o vehicle respawn support (was postponed from v10)
o new textures for the interiour (was postponed from v10)
Credits & Thanks:
JDog - Nimitz for Arma2
piedebeouf - new lights and starting the initiative for conversion
Sealife - pointing to the missing crew
John_Spartan - consulting and arrest script
Phantom - upgraded elevator script
rundll - permission to use his towing script in Arma3
Sierra - new deck textures
armyinf - testing and documentation
BloodOfTheScribe - new interior textures
asbojay - new hull and deck textures
soldier2390 - new hull textures, including secondary textures
rory_pamphilon - top gun mission
TeTeT - some scripts
- sounds are played from scripts again for JBD, catapult launch, wire trap, wire snap
- additional missions, including Rory_pamphilon's Top Gun 0.60
- additional documentation
- reduced some texture problems (entry room island, exterior of the boat room)
- removal of global variables for the Nimitz
- adding TTT_NimitzCarriers as global to hold references to all Nimitz class on map
- sripts changed to support multiple carriers on map
- new island textures by ASBOJay
- new deck and hull textures by ASBOJay and soldier2390
- unified colour coding for new actions
- added IFLOLS module
- added fuel module
- updated sample missions
- inclusion of rory_pamphilon's top gun mission
- fixed problems in config.cpp
- removed built-in zodiacs
- replaced interior and comm board textures by those from BloodOfTheScribe
Crew and init
- removed the Nimitz crew for Arma2, better use FUTARM maritime pack
- set NimitzScripts to false to see if modules work
- add NimitzScripts global, if set to false no built-in
scripts are run
- reverted to 05 version, planes and ugv sometimes launch to
- BI forums
- Community Base addons A3 [BETA]