an updated version of the USS Nimitz
which he ported to Arma 3 with permission from JDog who originally released the USS Nimitz for Arma 2
The update is also available as a much smaller patch so you do not have to download the full archive again. The patch is available seperatly on the bottom of our downloadpage.
The example missions can be downloaded from the USS Nimitz downloadpage seperatly.
This is release 0.97 for the Nimitz in Arma 3. The catapults in 0.96 were bugged due to an uninitialized variable. While it is sufficient to exchange the ttt_nimitzfunctions.pbo this release has been made available for ease of use.
Besides the bug fix for the catapults post processing effects, other fixes made it into the release:
- playSound3D is now used, limiting the distance the plane launch and arrest sounds can be heard
- the AI landing routine now uses a lower approach speed, reducing the amount of flight deck used when AI lands
- the ambiance module now checks for Lesh's towing capability and will point out if a PBO for the tractor is missing
- the CUP tractor is now supported in the ambiance module, albeit it does not work very well yet
- the ttt_fnc_global has been made more robust