This is an Administrating / Debugging / Mission development tool i wrote long ago for the NSS Gamers community.There was soon not much need for it anymore so it was released to the public and rarly being worked on for updates.
1st and 3rd person spectator mode
Free cam (BIS splendid camera)
Code execution (server, global, local, on choosed player)
Script execution (executes the file script.sqf located in the addon directory, only works if -filePatching is added to startup paramters)
No target (AI will not attack player)
Server side logging of console users actions (search for NSS_AC_Log: in .rpt files)
Opening of Zeus interface even if no curator was set in the mission previously
To install the NSS Admin Console you should use modfolders to keep it seperate from the official game content to prevent issues.
With Arma 3 you can use different ways to set up your modfolders to use custom content you have downloaded.
Please visit the Arma 3 Mod install instructions page
for more information about using custom mods and addons in Arma 3.
Once in the game you will have to press (Shift + F1) to open the console.
In a multiplayer environment you need to be either the host or logged in as admin to open it.
For certain features like server side logging and being able to enter the Zeus interface the console needs to also run on the server. Also you will not be able to use the BIS console while using this addon because of it´s server side logging which the BIS one doesn´t have. There is also a very high chance this addon will not work anymore in BIS created missions or other community created content due to the implementation of CfgRemoteExec ( https://community.bi...i/CfgRemoteExec
which some developers might use nowadays. If any CfgRemoteExec is classified in the mission or certain addon you will have
to modify CfgRemoteExec in the description.ext and add the following two functions below. If no CfgRemoteExec is classified the console should work without any problem especialy in self created content where no CfgRemoteExec is classified.
- The current version of the console might conflict with missions who have Tonic´s Virtual Vehicle Spawner and Virtual Ammobox System implemented. I´m thinkin of removing it as it is not realy needed.
- Also my spectator script has a bug. Rarly it happens when you spectate someone that the wrong person gets spectated. I currently don´t know why it is doing this and have very little time to fix it but will do it eventually one day when i got the time. I suggest clicking on Free in the spectator menu and use the kegety´s spectator script instead which will come up then.
Your free to modify and edit this work. I will keep updating this when i feel the need for it and when i got the time.
Credits & Thanks:
Thanks to Hammer, BiGi, Mantis, Seq and Kotzekocher888 for testing.
License / Disclaimer:
Modifications to the code for personal and private usage is allowed.
Implementation of modified code to mission files for public releases is also allowed.
However, rereleasing of this work (the console addon itself or it´s source code, modified or not) without my permission is not allowed.
- Added: Hint based variable monitor which keeps running as a hint message when the GUI is closed
- Added: Loading / saving and exporting of Zeus creations (only objects)
- Added: Placed / loaded objects via Zeus are shared amongst each console user for cooperative editing.
- Zeus: Every object gets saved even if another curator has placed it
- Workaround to have Zeus interface working
- Added functions viewer
- Added config viewer
- Added animations viewer
- Added GUI editor
- Removed garage as vehicles could not be seen by others.
- Fixed specator mode
- Replaced VAS with Virtual Arsenal
- Replaced VVS with Virtual Garage
- Added the possibility to enter the Zeus interface even if no curator module was placed in editor. It creates it on the fly during mission.
- Rearranged alot of code and made use of cfgFunctions to make source code more read and understandable
- Fixed dialog errors and made console menu a bit transparent
- Removed Kegetys spectator script as it has incompatibility issues with current Arma 3 versions and replaced it with the old camera.sqs free look
- Workaround for CfgRemoteExecCommands restrictions in BIS_fnc_mp function (should be possible to execute every command over network now)
- Switched from group chat messages to hint
- Updated to newest VAS and VVS version
- Possible bug fix with console spectator script with rarly happening that wrong person gets spectated
- first public release
- BI forums