Author Website: http://www.alphasquad.net/home/
Requirements: Community Base addons A3
Signed: Yes, serverkey included
Short description: This is my AI enhancement mod for Arma 3.
ASR AI 3by
This is my AI enhancement mod for Arma3.
It was primarily developed with dedicated server / coop gameplay in mind, although it works well for single player use.
I have played both campaign episodes with zero issues having this mod enabled (in fact, I probably would not have played them at all otherwise).
For best experience, install the mod on server and all clients connecting to it, headless or not. The server settings (from userconfig) are always used.
- AI's fire mode selection, rate of fire and engagement ranges are tweaked. Makes them shoot more human-like.
- Weapon dispersion varies more with unit's skill. The lower the skill, the more increased dispersion. Makes tweaking them from the userconfig more effective.
- Reconfigures detection skills for soldiers. Base sensitivity skill has been reduced for civilians (3->2) and increased for snipers (3.5->4).
Enemy snipers should be harder to hide from while friendly snipers should be employed strategically.
Hearing has been improved for soldiers but the perceived noise made by soldier movement was reduced. Makes sneaking up still possible while soldiers will
detect other noises better overall (those made by gun shots or vehicles for example).
- Reconfigures unit costs. Units are classified by importance in 3 levels: less (civilians, insurgents, militia), normal (regulars), more (special ops, snipers, officers).
Units (especially players) may change equipment so it doesn't make sense to have an "AT guy" wear a big "shoot me first" sign just because he's in that "class".
- The units skills are automatically configured based on their unit type, faction and the settings that can be changed in the userconfig. The skills are randomized but
given in between a minimum and a maximum value based on the skill level each unit is assigned in. This way you can have regular unit better then guerilla but spec ops
or snipers a lot better then all so you're able to customize but also keep the diversity. You can configure for each unit class values for their aiming, spotting and general
skills. You can also apply global coefficients per faction. The skills are applied after the start of the mission for present units or for any units that may spawn in
- The view distance of the dedicated server is dynamically adjusted during a mission based on sun elevation and fog level. This is done because the view distance of the
AI on the server determines how fast they will lose a target they already became aware of. Less chances of getting shot through the thick of the fog or darkness by AI
you can't even see.
- AI will be alerted by explosions. They may try to get to cover. The higher state of alertness will increase the chances of detecting the enemy.
- AI units are more able to detect gun fire. There are many factors which contribute to how far they can hear and how precise the information gained is:
the ammo type, if the weapon is suppressed, how loud the weapon is (sound mods can change this), foliage, houses.
- Groups reduced to a 2 (configurable number) units after mission start will look for near friendly groups and merge with them. AI working as a team is a lot stronger then a bunch of separate units.
- Wounded AI that is unable to walk may separate from their group and be left alone if there's no medic in the group. Helps AI groups reach their destination in a timely
manner when one of theirs has been shot in the leg or had a stupid accident (fell of a rock and broke legs, got hit by car etc.).
- AI share info about threats with other groups in their proximity if they have radios. Enhances awareness for groups that are not directly in contact with an enemy.
- AI groups coming into contact while in the open will try to move to cover. Helps them survive longer when caught in the open.
- AI machinegunners use suppressive fire. Makes them more effective and feared.
- Buildings are used in combat by AI. You may see AI shooting from windows or rooftops and it may not be as easy to hide in a house anymore.
- AI may move to cover and pop smoke when hit to help conceal while taking care of their wounds.
- AI may use near vehicle or static weapons for fighting.
To install the ASR AI 3 you should use modfolders to keep it seperate from the official game content to prevent issues.
With Arma 3 you can use different ways to set up your modfolders to use custom content you have downloaded.
Please visit the Arma 3 Mod install instructions page for more information about using custom mods and addons in Arma 3.
Included .pbo files:
Armaholic.com has its own Youtube channel where we will try to cover the Community made releases. Make sure to visit our channel and subscribe!
Videos from the Arma 2 version:
Armaholic.com on Youtube
AI Configs for third party addons:
Green Recon - Adds 6 man Greek Recon Team. No dependencies.
AI Configs for third party addons - be aware they might be out of date.
RHS AFRF3 0.4.0.1 http://dev.withsix.com/attachments/download/22799/asr_ai3_rhs_afrf3_0401_config.zip
RHS USF3 0.4.0.1 http://dev.withsix.com/attachments/download/22800/asr_ai3_rhs_usf3_0401_config.zip
CAF Aggressors (probably outdated): http://dev.withsix.com/attachments/download/22122/asr_ai3_caf_ag_config-20140821.zip
Credits & thanks:
Victor Farbau for creating the original VFAI.Equipment addon and permission to modify his work, his gesture was the kickstart for the rearming addon rewrite.
SNKMAN for his Group Link 4 mod where I took the skill assignment by script idea from.
afp for his awareness script in BIS forums (http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=92532) which inspired the AI radio net feature.
CarlGustaffa for the sun elevation function posted on BIS forums.
HeinBloed for his GDT Mod Server Grenadier where I saw the solution for fixing the AI grenadiers.
AlphaSquad team members for testing and sharing years of gaming fun.
BIS forum members that tested and provided constructive feedback.
BIS for making the best games.
License / Disclaimer:
I do not demand any express permission request but it would be nice to know when someone is enhancing it so I can maybe use that as well per licensing terms.
- configs updated for 1.56
- audiblefire tweaks for ammo
- sensitivity parameters removed
- optimisation using params
- prevent AI in player groups from jumping into weapons on their own
- decrease morale faster when losing team members
- raise reaction to danger helper limit from twice to thrice per minute per unit
- units will not mount near weapons if suppressed (under heavy fire)
- suppressed units move between house positions a lot slower
- fail loading userconfig settings gracefully when filepatching is not enabled (warn in RPT)
- copy my stance now disabled by default but can be toggled with configurable key (controls -> configure addons)
- default aiming skills tweaked
- fix NVG handling by AI only done at startup (now properly reuse them when it gets dark)
- AI copy stance of player group leader
- very small tweak for detection of soldier (slightly harder to detect)
- use time instead of diag_ticktime for various interval checks
- rearming checks for ACE3 bandages instead of vanilla first aid kits if ace medical is used
- tweaked audio signature and night visibility for soldiers (harder to spot/hear, works better for stealth)
- queue unit initialization - instead of running unit's init code directly, now unit is just added to a queue which is then processed sequentially at regular intervals; eliminates any load spikes resulting from spawning multiple units at once
- some tiny aiming and spotting rebalance tweaks
- danger.fsm tweaks: some optimisation; allow vehicle crews to send target info to nearby groups
- removed dynamic server view distance adjustment
- overall code optimisation/reorganisation; reduced number of loops
- removed some unnecessary broadcast from server to clients
- BI forums
- Community Base Addons A3
Tags: No tags