Requirements: No addons required
Short description: Better ragdoll joints with increased impact force for bullets and explosives.
Date: 2014-03-27 12:15
Improved Ragdoll Physicsby
Better ragdoll joints with increased impact force for bullets and explosives.
- General tweaks to ragdoll joints to improve how they fall
- Increase force from explosives while keeping it realistic
- Bullets will now have a very small amount of force which will sometimes cause bodies to slump away from the direction of the shooter
Extract into the ArmA 3 Directory, by default this is located in:
32-Bit - C:\Program Files\Steam/Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\
64-Bit - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam/Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\
After extraction it should look like this:
You can also use the "Arma 3 Alpha" folder in your "My Documents" folder. Your folder setup could than look like for example this:
When present place the "userconfig" folder into your game install folder, usually:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3".
You may already have "userconfig" folder from other addons and/or mods in which case it is safe to merge the contents from this archive.
You'll also need to add a Launch Parameter to Steam, in order to do so right-click on ArmA 3 Alpha and click Properties and then Set Launch Options. In the window that opens enter in -mod=@your_mod_folder_name
For using multiple mods you would then do so like this:
You can also use -nosplash to get rid of the splash art and intro videos.
And of course you can also enable and disable community made addons and mods through the in-game Options Expansions menu if you do not want to mess with startup parameters!
When the above information still does not provide you with enough to learn how to install custom addons and mods you can always ask in our Guide On Installing Mods.
- There is a chance that necks will deform. This will happen even with the vanilla config. Appears to be caused by the AI looking in certain directions when they die.
- Units that die while in the crouched position will sometimes have extra impulse that causes them to jump. I still don't know what causes this. It's very apparent with the vanilla ragdoll settings as well.
- Leg joints don't have a limit. Legs will twist at a 180 degree angle, even if the settings for them are set to 0.
- Slightly increased bullet force on ragdolls
- Increased weight to arms and legs
- Fixed ragdolls getting launched when hit by vehicles
- Reduced restitution
- Reduced impulse reactions when taking damage
- Slightly increased Buoyancy
- Damping and twist edits to limbs
- First release