M60E4, the second-to-last iteration the venerable, yet fundamentally flawed weapons system introduced in the 1950s to replace and supplement the M1918 Browning Automatic Rifle.
As set up within ,the M60E4 comes with one M1913 Rail on the Assembly cover, which makes it compatible with the use of any ASDG_JointRails-compatible optics mounts (even the DMS, though it looks DOPEY AS fuck).
To install the NIArms M60 GPMG Pack you should use modfolders to keep it seperate from the official game content to prevent issues.
With Arma 3 you can use different ways to set up your modfolders to use custom content you have downloaded.
Please visit the Arma 3 Mod install instructions page
for more information about using custom mods and addons in Arma 3.
hlc_lmg_M60E4 - M60E4
hlc_lmg_m60 - M60 (original variant, no rails, longer, heavier)
hlc_100Rnd_762x51_B_M60E4 - 100 Round magazine of 7.62x51mm Ball Rounds (i.e, standard bullets)
hlc_100Rnd_762x51_T_M60E4 - 100 Round magazine of 7.62x51mm Tracer Rounds
hlc_100Rnd_762x51_M_M60E4 - 100 Round magazine of 7.62x51mm Mixed at a ratio of 1 Tracer for every 2 Standard Ball rounds
Armaholic.com has its own Youtube channel where we will try to cover the Community made releases. Make sure to visit our channel and subscribe!
Armaholic.com on Youtube
Contains the hlc_wp_m60e4_jsrs.pbo to make this weapon use the JSRS sounds: JSRS SoundPatch
If there's anything that's bugged out,or amiss, or you have queries about, comment away in here. More good things coming in the following months.
Source Files and Documentation for Addon Makers:
M60E4 Source Files
M60E4 RTM Sequences
So I've included everything that is in the pbo here, un-binarised for your perusal. There's only 1 item that I can't provide the unbinarised source for, and that's the standing reload. Sadly, at some point I committed a colossal error and had to revert it, and unfortunately that meant using a previously binarised version. I promise that proceeding releases will have unbinarised RTM source files for all sequences. If you're not keen on downloading more stuff, Here's the short on how to use the new animation with your weapon -
class YourWeapon : RifleBase
reloadaction = "HLC_GestureReloadM60"; // this is literally it. The Gesture is defined in HLC_Core, which is why it's a prereq. If you want all the moving bits an bobs on your gun, refer to the Source files.
Credits & Thanks:
Bohema Interactive – Arma2 Sample resources(Meshes, Sounds, RVMATs, Textures), some script lines.
Anders– Reload Sound
Millennia – M60 Texture
Twinke Masta – M60 Mesh
Toadie – Scripting, configs, all LODs bar primary MLODs, Sounds, Material Ports, Animation, Texture Edits
Spartan0536 – Ballistics
- Tidy up M60 config(Credit: Robalo)
- Add inertia values for M60 and remove some redundant params(Credit: Robalo)
- Migrated magazine configs to core- hlc_100Rnd_762x51_B_M60E4, hlc_100Rnd_762x51_M_M60E4, hlc_100Rnd_762x51_Mdim_M60E4, hlc_100Rnd_762x51_Barrier_M60E4, hlc_100Rnd_762x51_T_M60E4
- Weaponholder macros for M60(Credit: Robalo)
- Material Fresnel tweaks
- Added hidden selections to all models (see classes for more details)
- Mass, dexterity and inertia adjustments
- Zeroing corrections
- Whitespacing formatting conformed (Credit: YoursTruly)
- JR attachment slots cleanup(Credit: Robalo)
- Fixed: ItemInfo and WeaponsSlotsInfo errors (credit YoursTruly)
- Magazine external dependencies fix- dependency on hlc_wp_Aug removed from magazines
- Added IRDIM Tracer Magazines
- Soundshader alterations- brought closerange gunshot audio down to more comparable audble ranges to default/Laxemann ranges (less over-range/clipping)
- audible distance of reload defined.
- Sound Overhaul (Credit- Navaro)
Conformed mod icons,mod.cpp to rebranding
Soundshaders implemented, minor discretionary sound tweaks
Arsenal Icons implemented
Removed duplicate inventory slots. Adheres the CBA/ASDG standard almost entirely.
Optional RHS and CUP compatibility patches updated to reflect most current versions respectively
General Material changes. RVMAT Fresnels altered for better effect, less dependency on generic maps.
Leupold Mk.4 LR/T and Redfield AR-TEL now use correct zoom levels (4-10x and 3-9x respectively)
The U from Armoury.
SOME INHERITANCIES HAVE BEEN ALTERED. IF YOU HAVE REFERRED TO CLASSES IN THIS PACK, PLEASE DOUBLE CHECK class CHILD : PARENT RELATIONSHIPS
- Added Unique Meshes to magazines
- Added ACE3 Ballistic Data(Credit- Ruthberg)
- All weapons made compatible with V1.42 engine update (deploy pivot points added, make limited use of new "tails" sound system where possible, bipods)
- UIicon element changed- both MGs will now show as MGs in squad HUD
- Corrected z-buffer issues with M60
- New Magazine added - 100 round Mk319 Barrier Ball boxes
- Fixing that Sighting issue
- Added support to Bipod functionality and Overheating/Barrel Swapping support for AGM (For real this time)
- Added support to Bipod functionality and Overheating/Barrel Swapping support for AGM
- Added Bipod Support for CSE
- Added support for Advanced Ballistics mob (by, and with values provided by, Ruthberg, BIG thanks to you for that, mate)
- Removed "10 round burst"
- All M60s now slightly less accurate in the hands of AI, treated like Mg (AI will fire bursts at distance)
- M60s now classified as MG
- fix for the new Bootcamp update
- Updated pack to make compatible with HLC_core v0.2
- Added hlc_lmg_m60
- Removed dependance error re: sks_normalwood_co.paa
- Removed "hlc_optic_pso1" from Cowslot compatibleItems
- first release
- BI forums
- NIArms Core
- Community Base Addons