Date: 2015-08-26 20:21
My MH-47E Chinook is finally here for ArmA3. She's just a direct port at the moment so includes the same feature's as it did in Arma 2. Minus a few.. Sorry! In the next upcoming versions she will have more stuff added so make her even greater for ArmA3. Anyway enough of my blabbing on, I'm sure you've all been waiting long enough. So here you go.. the main points.
• Compatible with AGM Fast Roping.
• Firing From Vehicle, For Both Ramp Positions. (Fixed Ramp Version Only)
• Ability to Slingload Using BIS's New Feature. (Heli DLC).
• Correct Number of Flares/Countermeasures in a Forward Direction.
• Lock Dectection System Complete with Warning Sounds.
• Walkable Fuselarge.
• Digital Cockpit for Pilot & Co-Pilot.
• Pilot & Co-Pilot's Collective & Cyclic work with the Chinook's movement.
• Option to Level, Lower & Raise Ramp.
• 2 Cargo Positons on the Edge of the Ramp. (Fixed Ramp Version Only)
• New & Improved Flight Engine Sound's.
• 19 Different Radio Chatter Sounds.
• Improved Blade System, bend when under load etc.
• Custom Cargo Positions. (BackCrew & Loadmaster)
• Co-Pilot Camera is fully animated.
• FLIR & Laser Marker on Co-Pilots Camera.
• Animated Loadmasters Hatch & Animated Windscreen Wipers.
• Ability to load an ATV or CRRC via tryteyker's script.
• Ability to Sling Load Vehicle's & Ammo. (See Raven LIFTER).
• Fast Roping for Cargo Crew Passengers.(See Raven LIFTER).
• A "Hardcore" Version, Where You Disembark From Inside The MH-47E.
• 2 Wreckage Models.
• Signed AddOn for online use.
Extract into the ArmA 3 Directory, by default this is located in:
32-Bit - C:\Program Files\Steam/Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\
64-Bit - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam/Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\
After extraction it should look like this:
You can also use the "Arma 3 Alpha" folder in your "My Documents" folder. Your folder setup could than look like for example this:
When present place the "userconfig" folder into your game install folder, usually:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3".
You may already have "userconfig" folder from other addons and/or mods in which case it is safe to merge the contents from this archive.
You'll also need to add a Launch Parameter to Steam, in order to do so right-click on ArmA 3 Alpha and click Properties and then Set Launch Options. In the window that opens enter in -mod=@your_mod_folder_name
For using multiple mods you would then do so like this:
You can also use -nosplash to get rid of the splash art and intro videos.
And of course you can also enable and disable community made addons and mods through the in-game Options Expansions menu if you do not want to mess with startup parameters!
When the above information still does not provide you with enough to learn how to install custom addons and mods you can always ask in our Guide On Installing Mods.
The MH-47E's can be found under 'BLUFOR' > 'NATO' > 'Air'.
The 2 MH-47E's damaged wreck's can be found under 'Empty' > 'Wrecks' & 'Wrecks (Submerged)'.
To display a texture of your own onto the flag in the Cargo Area, simply do the following below.
Simply edit a flag or logo of your choice into the white space in the FlagTextureTemplate.png file included in the zip folder.
Once done, save into your mission file as a .paa file, and in the MH-47E init's field put the following:
this setObjectTexture [0,"YourTextureName.paa"];Then your own flag/logo will display!
To Use Fast Roping & Slingloading, Please Refer To Raven's LIFTER for A3.
Lifting capacities and fast-rope for this helicopter require v1.05 or above of LIFTER.
• kyo_MH47E_base - Standard MH-47E.
• kyo_MH47E_Ramp - MH-47E with Fixed Ramp.
• kyo_MH47E_HC - The 'HardCore' Version.
Armaholic.com has its own Youtube channel where we will cover the Community made releases.
Subscribe to the Armaholic.com Youtube channel
Credits & Thanks:
I would like to thank the following people below, everyone mentioned below has been apart of the Chinook from the start.
Although I dont know them or what they done to help this Chinook as It was done before my time i started with it. I'd still like to thank them all.
So thanks to...
Afrographx, Smiley_Nick, The Spanish Mod Team, UOE.Txalo, TF86 Ardvark, TF86 Mac, SwissMAG, All the TF86 Crew, Sickboy, PvPscene, Pelton, Eddie(Wld427), Deanobeano, Topas, & Marrius.
There proabably were some more people included who helped with the Chinook from its birth, the list above dosen't seem big enough from it's time.
Most likly lost in communiction and the model changing over hands. so If anyone should be included above, that isan't. Please let me know! Thank you.
Also again I would like to thank the following people below. Since I've had the Chinook the people below have helped me countless times to iron out errors, without all these great below & above.. The Chinook wouldnt be as great as it is. So thanks!
Sv5000 for helping with adding FLIR to the co-pilots camera, RKSL-Rock also for help with FLIR camera, Norrin for the original fast roping & slingloading scripts for ArmA & ArmA2, Cards525 - Khaki & all at sfod-delta, Deadfast for the window wipers scripts, BlackMamb for the original Radio Chatter script for ArmA2, Shadow [MSOAR] for updating the Radio Chatter script, astast for the burnt engine fire texture in the wreck model, Myke for help fixing the Useractions Menu, Ei8ght for pre-release ACE testing for ArmA2, Sakura_Chan for the improved Gunner Animations in ArmA2, soldier2390 for the example mission's - SOAR pilots & the new re-texture, w0lle for help changing Get in co-pilot from Get in Gunner, VXR for his amazing help at detailing and weathering the textures, tryteyker for his brilliant ATV loading script for ArmA2, Soul Assisin for animation and config tips, Franze for help with fixing altitude reading 0 error, islesfan186 for suggesting to talk to Franze to fix that error.
But.. Last but not least, I'd like to thank YuraPetrov for his countless help & my silly questions I kept.. & well lets be honest, still keep asking him.
Without Yura, this helicopter really wouldnt be here. So thank you so much Yura, I owe you a few beers mate! спасибо Yura!
This Addon is only to be used for ArmA3 and official ArmA3 expansion packs.
Any unauthorised use or editing of this Addon is against the EULA & is NOT allowed.
You could be prosecuted if you break any of these rules.
Please respect Addon makers and do NOT edit their work!.
Only to be used in ArmA3 + ArmA3 Expansion Packs.
Fixed: Firing from vehicles field of view.
Fixed: Raised the slingload mass, can now lift Hunter or Boats.
Added: Items to Chinook's inventory.
Changed: RAF CH-47E HC.3 model improvments.
Changed: Lowered 'Armour' value.
*Progress: - Rotor break bug, (Hardcore Variant Only) - feedback needed - thank you.
Fixed: Rotor Break Bug.
Improved: Player GetOut Positions.
Changed: Chinook now starts with 'Raised Ramp'.
Improved: Slingloading uses front hook.
Improved: Raised Slingloading maximum mass.
Added: Firing from vehicles. (Fixed Ramp Version Only).
Added: Compatible with AGM Fast Roping.
Added: RAF CH-47 HC.3
- Added: Ability to Slingload Using BIS's New Feature. (Heli DLC).
- Added: Ability to Slingload Using BIS's New Feature. (Heli DLC).
- Added: Ability to load an ATV or CRRC via tryteyker's script.
- Fixed: Main Rotor clips into the fuselage upon 'Auto Hover' at speed.
- Fixed: Adjusted cargo get out placement. (Hardcore Version Only).
- Removed: HUD Display.
- Added: Pilot & Co-Pilot's Collective & Cyclic work with the Chinook's movement.
- Added: Should now be compatible with Zeus.
- Added: Simulation usage 'helicopterX'.
- Added: Radio Chatter Off now displays a hint, instead of '60 Second Shutdown'.
- Added: Main Search Light.
- Fixed: Chinook floating above ground when level start.
- Improved: Fuel Capacity & Fuel Consumption Rate.
- Improved: Tweaked 'armor' values by -10.
- Improved: Tweaked 'accuracy', 'camouflage' & 'audible' values.
- Improved: Chinook can now part-submerge better/more.
- first release
- BI forums