released an updated version of his Cyprus Push-to-Hear addon
on the BI forums
Have you ever found yourself in a chopper, jet or armoured vehicle, struggling to hear your teammates chatter because the engine's too loud? How about a crazy firefight where battle sounds are drowning out the comms? Cyprus Push-to-Hear allows you to temporarily reduce in-game sound and music volume by holding down a preset key. A toggle setting is also available, and a UI icon is displayed on the in-game HUD whenever Push-to-Hear is in effect.
The HUD icon is positioned so as not to interfere with VTS Weapon Resting (which I use religiously), and has been tested in various interface sizes.
Push-to-Hear key bindings may be changed in-game. Mouse button configuration may be changed in the supplied userconfig file.
You may also independently configure the following settings via the userconfig file:
- the volume that SOUNDS will be suppressed to while Push-to-Hear is active
- the volume that MUSIC will be suppressed to while Push-to-Hear is active
- how long it takes for the volume changes and GUI icon to fade in
- how long it takes for the volume changes and GUI icon to fade out
- New: Use Push-to-Hear as Zeus, in the Curator interface
- New: Compatible with ACE3 Hearing module
- Fix: Push-to-Hear GUI icon no longer disappears after a certain period
- Fix: CBA RC6 keybinds now save