Speed Of Sound Pureby
Hi and welcome to Speed Of Sound Pure, the definative installment of Speed Of Sound.
What is speed of sound pure?
Speed of Sound Pure is how I envision the sound in arma 3 should be. Its been one very long evolving project that started back in Arma2 and has grown in size and scope reaching what I feel is the penultimate version of Speed of Sound.
How often will it be updated?
Hopefully not all that often, there will still be bugs no doubt somewhere but I think I've squashed the major ones but running -nologs on clients and servers ensures smoother play incase errors do crop up.
If your a server host you will also need the speed of sound pure server key, although this mod is Client side only, no requirment for the server to run the mod as well.
Extract into the ArmA 3 Directory, by default this is located in:
32-Bit - C:\Program Files\Steam/Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\
64-Bit - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam/Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\
After extraction it should look like this:
You can also use the "Arma 3 Alpha" folder in your "My Documents" folder. Your folder setup could than look like for example this:
When present place the "userconfig" folder into your game install folder, usually:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3".
You may already have "userconfig" folder from other addons and/or mods in which case it is safe to merge the contents from this archive.
You'll also need to add a Launch Parameter to Steam, in order to do so right-click on ArmA 3 Alpha and click Properties and then Set Launch Options. In the window that opens enter in -mod=@your_mod_folder_name
For using multiple mods you would then do so like this:
You can also use -nosplash to get rid of the splash art and intro videos.
And of course you can also enable and disable community made addons and mods through the in-game Options Expansions menu if you do not want to mess with startup parameters!
When the above information still does not provide you with enough to learn how to install custom addons and mods you can always ask in our Guide On Installing Mods.
Armaholic.com has its own Youtube channel where we will cover the Community made releases.
Subscribe to the Armaholic.com Youtube channel
Hope you all enjoy the mod!
Credits & Thanks:
Who do you have to thank for Speed of Sound Pure?
Foxy (Geunius Scripter God)
Support Networks & Testers
For the tollerance and patience in SP/MP testing, opinions and advice!
-[EUTW]- Clan & its Members: http://www.eutw.net/index.php?id=home
Dedicated Rejects Clan & its Members: http://www.dedicatedrejects.com/
-=XTRA=- Clan & its Members: http://www.battlegroup-xtra.eu/
Hell In The Pacific Mod Team: http://hellinthepacific.blogspot.nl/
To all those I havent mentioned, you are not forgotten. My thanks goes out to everyone who helped me.
- Finished person & scope sounds for rifles and machine guns (pistols and smgs left to do)
- Fixed DLC choppers error
- Tweaked enviroment sounds
- Altered and tweaked distance sounds, listen out for the new distance machine gun samples!
- Tweaked some helicopters SFX and samples
- Tweaked 50cal samples
- Tweaked Ifirit samples
- Tweaked Mk200 samples
- Tweaked Mk20 samples
- Tweaked Rahim samples
- Tweaked Zafir samples
- Tweaked distant sonic crack samples
- Tweaked shell impact samples
- Toned down a particular fire ignition sample
- New NLAW, RPG and Titan samples
- Improved bullet hit sound and added more samples
- Improved GAU8 sound
- Lots of balancing and volume tweaking of samples
- Some extra vehicle explosion sounds
- Tweaked Rocket/Missile/Shell engine/fly sounds
- Cleaned Bomb and incoming Bomb sounds
- Added two siren sounds for editor triggers
- Added echo thumps to all weapons, very sutble low end echo splash back from firing to simulate landscape echo
- Tweaked M2 sound
- Finalized footstep volume
- Lots of odds and ends and bug fixing from rpt
- Optional - Radio Speech Off (now on by default)
- Tweaked volumes of all handheld weapons to make them a bit louder
- Fixed DLC helicopters bug
- Increased volume of footsteps a little
- Hopefully solved the bass issue (kinda hard as everyones systems are different)
- Corrected various rpt errors
- Fix katibar fire selector switch
- first release
- BI forums
- Community Base addons A3