JSRS3 DragonFyre EDEN is a sound modification for ArmA3. The purpose of this modification is to bring new sounds to the game, making it more exciting. Many would say it makes the game much more realistic, but that is not the initial purpose of this modification. Even if some sounds are authentic to what we call "modern warfare", still the main purpose was just to create a certain type of sound feeling.
The mod adds over a few thousand new sounds to the game, most ingame sounds are exchanged by these. The mod adds new distance effects to the original DragonFyre2.5 sound framework, new distance explosions and many other features back from the old (heavy scripted) version. All the cool features that could no make it because a certain type or script was needed, which also destroyed the playability for multiplayer, this new Version, called EDEN (because of the Eden Update for ArmA3) can deal with all that. Plus it stays script free. No CBA required and it works a 100% in multiplayer.
To install the JSRS3: DragonFyre EDEN you should use modfolders to keep it seperate from the official game content to prevent issues.
With Arma 3 you can use different ways to set up your modfolders to use custom content you have downloaded.
Please visit the Arma 3 Mod install instructions page for more information about using custom mods and addons in Arma 3.
What do I required to run this mod?
It is very important that any old version of any JSRS version for ArmA3 gets deleted! JSRS3 DragonFyre do NOT need CBA nor ANYTHING else. Your ArmA3 should be at least on the latest version (Eden Update 1.56) and not on DevBranch.
You should use the stable branch, thats the only version I can determine issues and problems with as the DevBranch is a "change on the fly" ArmA3 version. If I`d fix these problems, it might cause issues on the stable version again and wise versa. So I only can support one of the two version. Keep that in mind.
Found something? Let me know here in the thread or by email:
Currently I released the Build in version 1.0. This is my latest build that worked well without any problems in my testing sessions. Which does not mean that there are no issues, I couldn't just test the mod in the kind of size that a massive multiplayer could do. That's why I will keep this mod updated until all problems are fixed.
This mod will be supported until the new sound engine update comes around. Then I will either focus fully on JSRS4 or maybe need to revive DragonFyre if there might be any problems then. But there shouldn't for what Bohemia told me at least.
For now, when this release will work well, my next goal will be a full RHS Escalations support.
A thing that needs to change are the interior Wind and Rain sounds for buildings that are currently audible outside of a building either. So that is one small thing for an update later. But I will collecting things first
The mod is NOT Final!
There are bugs and issues still left open and I'll fix those later. Its an RC Release, so keep that in mind before you leave a nasty mean comment because YOU are unsatisfied!
Credits & Thanks:
Thanks goes to the helpers that have helped me alongside the development to realize this project and made this mod what it is today. Greetings go out to Yokhanan, LAxmann and all the internal testers that reported problems during the test phase of JSRS.
Thanks to those people, I was able to release such a stable version of JSRS3 DragonFyre/2.5/EDEN. Also I'd like to thank my girlfriend Francisca for helping and supporting me all the time! I love you so much, Francisca!
License / Disclaimer:
Developed by: LordJarhead JSRS-Studios.com
THIS IS REALLY IMPORTANT AND SHOULD BE TREATED WITH RESPECT
I, LordJarhead do not allow JSRS Team staffs nor anyone else ever, to publish the JSRS Modification's at the Steam Workshop!
Anyone uploading JSRS Modification or parts of it to the Steam Workshop has violated the intellectual property of JSRS Studios and is reported immediately.
I would also like you to read the license agreement further down before you download or play with the modifications and products by JSRS Studios:
- Fixed missing SD sounds for MMG Navid
- Fixed missing SD sounds for MMG SPMG
- Fixed missing reloading sound for MK20C
- Fixed missing dry weapon sound for MK20C
- Fixed missing change firemode sound for MK20C
- Fixed bolt action sound for Navid MMG
- Added new Gau Cas cannon sound WIP
- Fixed missing boat wave bumper sound
- Tweak gau Cas cannon sound volume
- Fixed missing interior AH9 Pawnee/Hummingbird sound
- Tweak rain volume
- Tweak rain/Environment unnecessary distance values
- Tweak Helicopter volume controller
- Tweak volume for Air vehicle:
- AH9 Pawenee
- AH99 Blackfoot
- A-143 Buzzard
- A-164 Wipeout
- AR-2 Darter
- CH49 Mohawk
- CH67 Huron
- Mi48 Kajman
- Mi290 Taru
- Po30 Orca
- TO199 Neophrom
- UH80 GhostHawk
- WY55 Hellcat
- Tweak exchange of rotorSpeed and Thrust factors for helicopters
- Fixed AH9 Pawnee far distance sound was played after engine shut off
- Tweak increased vehicle weapon volume for autocannons/cannons
- Tweak increased helicopter start and stop sounds volume
- Tweak boat speeding and water sounds
- Added new speed boat sounds
- Added new assault boat sounds
- Added boat laying in water effect sounds
- Tweak flying shell sounds
- Fixed missing explosion sounds for Rocket 03/04 HE/AP
- Fixed missing sound Twin Cannon 20mm on Buzzard
- Fixed missing sound Cannon 20mm on Blackfoot
- Fixed missing sound Caseless Cannon 30mm Kajman
- Tweak off road rattle and suspension on vehicle OffRoad
- Added interior bullethits for vehicles
- Tweak sound volume of distance explosions
- Tweak sound volume of distance weapons
- Fixed missing beach and coast wave sounds
- Tweak all air vehicle increased volume and sound distances
- Tweak M134 Gatling sounds
- Fixed missing SD sounds for NAVID HMG
- Fixed low volume building destruction sounds
- Tweak decreased cartridge distanz from 50 to 5 meters
- Tweak explosions of 20mm cannons were to strong/sounded bigger
- Added loop function/sound to gatling weapons
- Added new sound for 20mm cannon
- Added new sound for 30mm caseless cannon
- Tweak increased volume of gatling weapons
- Tweak CAS plane gau loop function
- Added new CAS (gau8) weapon sound (WIP)
- Fixed Navid HMG background bolt action sound in some samples
- Tweak Increased turbine sound distance of jets
- Added missing CAS missiles 03 and 04 sounds
-Added new 3D Processors
-Added Closure effects to weapons
-Added Gun Scape effects
-Added new distance sounds to weapons
-Added new distance sounds to explosions
-Added new vehicle weapons/distances
-Tweaked some sounds EQ
-Changed M134 Minigun sound (WIP)
-Ported mod to new framework
-Created new framework
-Created 5000 new sounds for a new framework
-Hatchback used air break system sounds
-MK14 Rifle missing SD sounds
-Firemode switch too loud
-Firemode switch distance reduced 100%
-Dry sound volume and distance reduced 100%
-Vehicle weapon sounds tweaked distances and tails
-Performance tweak with vehicle firefights
-Vehicle weapon sounds sample duration cut for better performance
-Environmentsounds for rain and wind internal houses heard outside
-Helicopter turbine sounds way louder on close range
-Added explosions for Arty round and GBUs
-Explosion sound distances increased
-Interior Rain and Wind sounds fixed or removed
-Turret sounds for tanks reduced around 100%
-Release Build 1.0
-New weapon sounds
-New helicopter sounds
-Implemented distance effects
-New explosion sounds
-New driving effects, wind and speed noises
-New environment system implemented
-New vehicle configs
-New weapon configs
-Massively config tweaks
-New movement sounds
-New gear effects
-Fixed turning sound missing steps
-Environment sounds based on overcast
-A bunch of stuff I can't remember
The main archive which we host at the bottom of this page is fully up to date and does not require any of these patches. In case you have installed an older version you can use these patches to get up to date without having to download the full, very large, version.
These are the patches released since version v1.0:
You are using our website as a guest. Guest have the lowest downloadspeeds and will download from our public file servers. If you would like to know how you can download with higher speeds and have to wait less while downloading check out the Armaholic subscription system. When you have already subscribed and your account is not upgraded within 24 hours it means you probably forgot to include your username. If that is the case please contact us as soon as possible!
Tags: No tags
Copyright (c) 2006 - 2015 www.armaholic.com All Rights Reserved.
Armed Assault, ArmA: Combat Operations, ArmA: Queen's Gambit, Arma 2, Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead, Arma 2: Combined Operations, Arma 2: British Armed Forces, Arma 2: Private Military Company, Arma 2: Army of the Czech Republic, Arma 2: Reinforcements, Arma 2: Firing Range and Arma 3 are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bohemia Interactive a.s.