This addon contains 7 versions of the UH-1H, 5 versions of the UH-1C, 2 versions of the UH-1N, 2 versions of the UH-1Y, 1 Bell 412 and 1 AH-1 "Cobra".
Extract into the ArmA 3 Directory, by default this is located in:
32-Bit - C:\Program Files\Steam/Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\
64-Bit - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam/Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\
After extraction it should look like this:
You can also use the "Arma 3 Alpha" folder in your "My Documents" folder. Your folder setup could than look like for example this:
When present place the "userconfig" folder into your game install folder, usually:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3".
You may already have "userconfig" folder from other addons and/or mods in which case it is safe to merge the contents from this archive.
You'll also need to add a Launch Parameter to Steam, in order to do so right-click on ArmA 3 Alpha and click Properties and then Set Launch Options. In the window that opens enter in -mod=@your_mod_folder_name
For using multiple mods you would then do so like this:
You can also use -nosplash to get rid of the splash art and intro videos.
And of course you can also enable and disable community made addons and mods through the in-game Options Expansions menu if you do not want to mess with startup parameters!
When the above information still does not provide you with enough to learn how to install custom addons and mods you can always ask in our Guide On Installing Mods.
- If you avoid locking on to a target, the "DAGR" rockets on the AH-1 can be guided by the gunner.
- You cannot lock on with the "DAGR" rockets on the UH-1Y "Venom". The co-pilot has to guide the rockets to their target.
- If you want to remove the "United States Army" text from the hueys, add this in the helicopters init field in the editor:
this setObjectTexture [3,""]
- Copilot controls are clumsy/unfinished. Only meant to be used in case of an emergency.
- Some clipping issues with passengers.
- Occasional odd behaviours from wrecks.
- No bottom in the AH-1 gunners view.
- Smoke from guns comes from the middle of the helicopter-model.
- Gunview is not working properly in the huey's copilot seats, stay in cockpit-view to aim the guns.
- UH-1C "Heavy Hog": The guns controlled by the pilot has no lightsource in their muzzleflashes.
- UH-1C "Heavy Hog": The double-mounted guns in the sideturrets only shoots one bulletstream. The double-mount is only visual.
- Due to modifications, some helicopters have stretchmarks. I tried to hide them the best I could.
- AH-1W, armed with TOW.
- Modifications of the Bell 412.
- Fix the passenger-problems with the huey LMG.
I plan to upload an update by the end of February.
Credits & Thanks:
Aplion - Config tutorial, Arma 2 US Helicopters import.
Bohemia Interactive - Arma 3, helicopter models and textures from previous Arma games.
CptDavo - Additional helicopter textures.
License / Disclaimer:
The models and textures used to create this mod, were release by BI as Arma Public Licence (APL).
You do not need to ask me for permission for anything. Go nuts.
- For better transparency, the helicopters have been split into several vehicle classes.
- Custom weapon-configs have been added. Thank you ColonelHartigan.
- New UH-1N skin by ColonelHartigan.
- Added AGM fast rope compatibility for "old" hueys. Currently there are no AGM fast rope for the UH-1Y's and most of the UH-1N's, fast rope causes the rotors to break.
- Added TOW's. Cannot be used by the AI.
- Replaced UH-1N sound with OH-58 sound from Arma CWC.
- Most rockets have been replaced with "revolving" rockets.
- UH-1N handling modified to feel more "heavy". Might be too sluggish, awaiting feedback on this.
- Removed gunbarrels-geometry on AH-1's to avoid gun ground contact tipping over the helicopter.
- Added AH-1 "Boom-Boom".
- Added AH-1 "Hydra 52".
- Added AH-1W "SuperCobra Hydra".
- Added AH-1W "SuperCobra TOW".
- Added UH-1D "Slick". Openable doors + AGM fast rope compatible
- Added UH-1C "XM-16AS".
- Added UH-1C "XM-21AS".
- Added UH-1N "Slick". Openable doors + AGM fast rope compatible
- Added UH-1N "Black". Openable doors + AGM fast rope compatible
- Added UH-1N "Gau Gatling".
- Added UH-1N "Gau-19 X2".
- Added UH-1N "Gunship".
- Added UH-1N "Hydra".
- Added UH-1N "TOW".
- Added UH-1Y "TOW".
- Added UH-1Y "Venom .50Cal".
- UH-1N "Escort" replaced by a new version.
- UH-1N "Closed" removed from the mod.
- UH-1N "Iroquois": Removed weapons. Fixed tailrotor-blur position.
- Added Bell 412.
- Added UH-1Y "FFV".
- Added UH-1Y "Venom".
- Old textures replaced with the textures created by CptDavo.
- Fixed fire-geometry for the UH-1C "Heavy Hog", UH-1H "Closed" and UH-1N "Closed".
- UH-1C "Heavy Hog": Reduced number of passengers to 1, as it was meant to be.
- Added UH-1N "Iroquois".
- UH-1H "Gunship": Replaced textures with the "darker" version made by CptDavo.
- UH-1N "Closed": Replaced textures with the "Marine" version made by CptDavo.
- UH-1N "Escort": Replaced textures with the "Marine" version made by CptDavo.
- AH-1 modified to look more like the real world version.
- Added UH-1C "Huey Hog Minigun".
- Added UH-1C "Heavy Hog".
- Added UH-1H "LMG".
- Added UH-1N "Closed".
- Added UH-1N "Escort".
- Improved slingloading lift capability.
- Improved slingloading balance.
- UH-1H "Classic" changed name to UH-1H "Closed".
- Replaced minigun on the UH-1C "Huey Hog" with 20mm gatling.
- UH-1C "Huey Hog" changed name to UH-1C "Huey Hog Gatling".
- Added copilot to UH-1C "Huey Hog Gatling".
-Removed slingloading from UH-1H "Medevac", it was never meant to have it.
- AH-1 should now have the right path to its rotorblades.
- Added "DAGR" missiles to the AH-1 gunner.
- Added UH-1C "FFV".
- Added UH-1C "Recon", it replaces the UH-1H Scout.
- Added UH-1C "Huey Hog".
- Added UH-1H "Classic".
- BI forums
Tags: No tags