Using the Heros Survive Mod and a huge collection of scripts as its base, this scenario features an unique and quite realistic singleplayer survival experience.
Inspired by ArmA 2 DayZ Epoch, DayZero puts you in the perspective of one of the few Eastern European survivors of the so-called Z-Apocalypse: a catastrophic disease outbreak that has happened about half a decade ago and led to the extinction of billions of people, of which most have resurrected to become Zombies and roam the streets of abandoned towns and villages. Over years, humanity tried to combat the disease by killing all zombies, which has greatly reduced their numbers.
Now, as the situation has become calmer, new challenges have emerged for those who are still alive...
- Persistent save system
- Post-apocalyptic Chernarus with many custom locations
- Almost only RHS content (weapons, equipment, etc.)
- Land and water vehicles
- Random loot system (by Na_Palm)
- Random bandit AI (using AIRS by spunFIN)
- Helicopter crashes & supply drops (by Kellojo)
- Enhanced survival system (by Heros)
- Logistics systems (by R3F)
- Magazine repacking (by Outlawled)
- Random weather (by Meatball)
- Wild animals
- Weapon holstering
- Lots of other content that improves gameplay experience
Extract the .pbo file(s) to your Steam/SteamApps/common/ArmA 3/Missions folder.
This scenario was already released some time ago on Steam Workshop, but I thought it may be worth publishing it on Armaholic as well.
Make sure you launch this mission over Singleplayer/Scenarios in the ArmA 3 main menu. It will not work in MP. Launching it in the editor will lead to error messages.
The notes you find in the "Briefing" section of your map contain detailed information on the situation as well as a list of useful hints. You always have the option to save and reload your game.
Special thanks to:
- Eagle Eye
Help with scripts:
- RHS: United States Armed Forces (USAF)
- RHS: Armed Forces of the Russian Federation (AFRF)
- RHS: Green Forces (GREF)
- Heros Survive
- Zombies & Demons
- CUP Terrains: Core
- CUP Terrains: Maps