Author Website: http://members.iinet.net.au/~nrspence/
Requirements: No addons required
Version: Beta 2
Short description: This will add the V22 Osprey to Arma.
This adds the V22 Osprey to Armed Assault based on the OFP Osprey by Sole and Wipman.
- Carries 1 pilot and 23 passengers
- Working ramp and cargo area
- Working lights
- Working Instruments
- Texture Normal mapping (mostly)
- Damage Textures
Heaps of info on the web like;
Extract the pbo files to your ArmA\Addons folder or as we always recommend use one of the mod folders methods.
If you do not know how to use mod folders have a look in our FAQ.
Included .pbo files:
In the editor you will find this under:
BLUFOR Transport Aircraft
BLUFOR -> Air -> V22 Osprey
V22 Osprey : GNT_V22 MV22 : GNT_M22 MV22-2 : GNT_M22a MV22 Special : GNT_M22D (User Tex ver)
This primarily is a HELICOPTER in the way it flys. While I have tweaked everything so it *nearly* flys like a plane in level flight, DONT DONT DO NOT expect it to fly perfect like a fixed wing plane. (Wait for ArmA2 for that)
Dont dive in level flight and expect to climb out of the dive. Deadly it can be.
The Q key (up pitch) is VERY important.
AI fly pretty good, but big mountains will kill them.
MP Compatible? Should be, there are no scripts.
Signature Key Included
For USER/CUSTOM TEXTURE:
Use the extra PBO file (GNT_V22Tex).
- Un-PBO the file
- User can edit the TGA file templates
- With Texview convert to replace existing PAA files
- PBO the GNT_V22Tex back up
- Select MV22 Special to see result
- (FIXED) Self shadow not working below 30 meters in the air
- Knee window not proper in External or Cabin views
- Undercarriage not going into a proper wheelwells
- Only using copy of UH60 cockpit instrumentation
- Only 2 Resolution LODs
- (FIXED) Not visible under water
- Light source points dont animate at speed
- Altitude sometimes reads zero (because of Roadway LOD, old OFP problem)
- (FIXED) The internal get-out can somethings be more a problem, than a feature.
Original addon by Sole and retex'ed by Wipman For BIS Armed Assault
Converted and modified to ArmA from OFP by Gnat with permissions
Thanks to Sole and Wipman for their great work and permissions.
Thanks to those who answered my various script,
config and O2 questions
Including but not limited to:
- RobertHammer for his prop blurs and
- RockofSL for his Config tips
- MadDogX for windscreens
- EricM for his nice new Texture
- Feint for his nice new Texture
- Lots of others for feedback on Beta1
This is NOT an official Addon. Use it at your own risk.
Permission must be sort to use any included material.
Not for commercial or miltary use with any product or for
porting to other games or product etc.
As this uses copyright BIS material, a member of the community can
request the original P3D file, according to BIS rules.
- BI forums
Tags: No tags