Date: 2010-01-22 15:32
Siege is a concept established in the late 1990's from the game "Ghost Recon". In Ghost Recon, the "Ghosts" would be attacking a recon point trying to siege the area as another team worked at defending it. There were no respawns giving the game a slow paced competitive game using all forms of team awareness and communication. Fun was a huge pay off, win or lose. Also, the missions were extremly popular in league sites and still are to date.
In Armed Assault we have written this game-mode in what we know as Attack & Defend (Siege). Each mission starts off with OPFOR at the SIEGE AREA and BLUFOR anywhere from 200-450 meters away (depending on the mission design). Some missions give BLUFOR transportation vehicles like Humvees, Transport Truck, and a Blackhawk. The SIEGE AREA is surrounded by lighted street cones giving players an in-game visual while they play.
Attacking is very difficult and for the league we will continue to try and balance the games out over the course of each season. The idea behind this is that teams will practice at becoming experts in Siege Tactics which means plotting out ahead of time in preparations before a match is played.
Defending is also difficult, but not as much as attacking. As defenders you must find good holding locations where your back isn't exposed and you have a visual of the Siege Area. Sometimes it is good to send out scouts to look for the attackers or have a sniper doing that from a distance.
These missions are designed for competitive gameplay for leagues and groups who enjoy fun A&D sessions with little to no confusion on what you have to do. Customize your session using the server sided parameters, choose your weapon, spread out and cover your points to see if you can be the victor over your opponent. As I update these A&D missions or add to the mission pack I will update this post. It will mainly depend on player feedback.
BLACK ROCK BEACH (utes)
GHOST TOWN (utes)
TOWN BEACH (utes)
P.O.W. Camp (chernarus)
DEPOT STATION (chernarus)
THE MOG (chernarus)
Extract the .pbo file(s) to your ArmA2\MPMissions folder.
- Uses PVP Script Pack v3.02 by [SBS]mac
- Added Time Indicator box to come up when there is 15 minutes left, 10 minutes left, 5 minutes left, then 1 minute left
- Added Server parameter to modify Friendly Fire option to turn on or off
- Added Server parameter to modify Round time limit setting
- Added Server parameter to modify View distance and more
- Added Team Tags feature to see each other's Gametags when placing crosshairs over teammate
- Added Persistent Scoring so when a player leaves, the on screen display remains unchanged
- Added Quick Grenade Bind Key - the Salute key switches quick for grenades then auto switches back to your weapon after approx 1 second
- Added Spectator Mode - 3 slots for admins to spectate. Great for seeing if anyone is glitching, cheating, etc. Also a good tool for Leagues to use.
- Fixed the Time Of Day Bug
- Added Space Bar capability to quickly switch to Grenades
- Modified loading verbage to be more player friendly
- Uses PVP Script Pack v2.08 by [SBS]mac tracking forum: BI Forums
- 8 vs 8 player slots with 3 spectator slots to be used for admins or referees in scrimmages/matches.
- Minefields (indicated by signs) border the fight area to focus the battle in a zone fit for 8 vs 8 gameplay
- Round timer will not start until at least 2 players are in the session. So if 1 player is in the game this gives them time to roam around and review the map until others join in.
- Player spawns are protected by a sign barrier, so if your opponent crosses the line they will perish. All player slots spawn in the same location each time they die to allow them to get back on track quickly.
- Character Classes and Weapon Loadouts are the same for both teams with weapon crates available to customize your kit. If you die, you keep your customized weapon loadout when you respawn.
- On-screen scoring hud and timer so that you can see the status of the game as it plays out.
Credits & Thanks:
Gameplay scripts by [SBS]mac
- BI forums
Tags: No tags