Author: Old Bear
Author Website: http://www.armedassault.info
Requirements: No addons required
Version: 0.2 beta
Signed: Yes, serverkey included
Short description: Winter Version of Pomegratskaya, an ArmA 2 Winter map.
Winter Version of Pomegratskaya, an ArmA II Winter map.
for small team PvP/TvT missions : DM, TDM, CTF, AAS, C&H ... . It's NOT a Warfare map !
Some facts about the Pomegratskaya project:
It's based upon my my 1st map "Pomegrat" released for ArmA I
Pomegratskaya was built as a Norther European version covered with forest, the first step to get a "Winter Pomegratskaya" map.
The map is built with PvP in mind, but AI are doing well on it as far as I have tested ...
Some facts about Pomegratskaya Island:
Of course, the overall shape of the island is based along the "Pomegues et Ratonneau" islands near Marseilles.
As on the model you can find here and there remains of military equipments, some of them centuries old.
On this map, two islands linked by a long seawall are making a nice place for an harbour.
- On the northern part there are 3 "modern" barracks, one near the harbor and 2 ruins of barracks from an other era, the Zadrovie village and the harbour.
The north part is having also a factory/sawmill in the middle of plantation.
A large telecomunication mast is set on the highest point of the map.
A very special set of buildings is to be found at "Karantin", these ruined buildings are what was left of a 18th century quarantine hospital when the plague was infesting this area.
- On the southern part there are an airstrip and a "modern" base near it, 2 "disused" ruined barracks and 3 places used since the 18th century for naval arty batteries.
In the middle of the southern part the village "Stary Cyelo", is only ruins around a ruined castle.
As we always recommend use modfolders.
Check our FAQ for a clear explanation.
Included .pbo files:
- The main issue for AI is the long seawall between the two parts of this island,
- Winter ground textures are basics, it lacks winter vegetation and clutters.
Credits & thanks:
ADO Floosy for his tutorial and help,
ADO Corsair83 for his tests of the various shapes of the runway ... and his videos,
ADO Floosy, ADO Corsair83 for the Alphas testings,
and all the Clan ADO http://www.clan-ado.fr/
V beta 0.2
- Config : modified "rough" on snow,
- Modified Karantin area,
- Modified walls in Zadrovie.
V beta 0.1.1
- Modified are south of seawall,
- Added footsteps sound.
v beta 0.1 Modifications :
- Config : zoom values modified,
- Added details in Zadrovie village and harbor,
- Added small base and ruins in the South part.
v alpha :
- Initial internal ADO release for test purpose
- BI forums
Tags: No tags