problem solved, i was using the photoshop plugin for my _co files and for some reason it had messed all the alpha layers up and made a big mess so i went ahead and dug out my old files (made many copies lol) and re converted them to paa with texview! that did the trick as you will see below. i am pretty happy with the progress i have made today.
Copyright (c) 2006 - 2020 Armaholic.com All Rights Reserved.
Armed Assault, ArmA: Combat Operations, ArmA: Queen's Gambit, Arma 2, Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead, Arma 2: Combined Operations, Arma 2: British Armed Forces, Arma 2: Private Military Company, Arma 2: Army of the Czech Republic, Arma 2: Reinforcements, Arma 2: Firing Range and Arma 3 are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bohemia Interactive a.s.