Here are some scripts I'm working on which dramatically change the behaviour of the way cars handle. Anyway, I have set up two simple missions where you can test these scripts in single player. In these missions I have set up the F1 car to handle well and the Gallardo's... not so well, but still good, you can play around with these settings to change the behaviour of the car...
Here is what you need to know about the script, in the test missions these values can be found in the vehicles init.
[this, handling, acceleration, maxspeed, actualmaxspeed - ~20, nos, exhaust, stability, grav, gears]
[this, 20, 4, 200, 100, 4, 1, 1, 0.5, false] exec "scripts\handling.sqs";
- values must be 6 to whatever, higher value then more slide, lower values keep vectors realigning to vehicle direction. good value for typical vehicle ~110, below 6 is default
- 0 is default, 6 is max, over 6 will disable script.
- will increase the max speed, will not decrease vehicles max speed. value 200 max, values over 200 disable script. since 200 is max, i recommend that you give your cars max values between 200 and 160 so there is some leeway for competition
- The default max speed of vehicle minus ~20 without script.
grav / gravity
- 0 is default, 0.5 is max, 0.5 will increase vehicles descent on jump. 0.35 is a typical value.
That's all the ones you need to bother with ATM. Have fun. :)
This is pretty much an alpha version of the scripts and a 'pre-release', please do not use these in any addons unless you ask. The downloads are for feedback purposes at present. So, if you do download and try these, let me know what you think in a post, and what you think would be a good addition.