After letting settle the experience from DGC 0.92, i started the work on a complete new Dynamic Group Creator.
This new DGC will NOT be compatible to the old one.
Besides the qualities of the old version, there are some improvements.
- Supports all sides (Blufor, Opfor, RACS and Civilian)
- It's possible to define each side as enemy or friendly, thus givin the possibility to play on any side against any sides.
- Much easier to use, the old scriptcall was a little cryptic.
- Complete randomness of amount and size of groups, by defining a min and max value for both.
- 3rd party addons can be implemented very easy. Also it is possible to add regular Vehicles to any other side than the original (civilians with M1A1? Why not)
- Automatically remove destroyed vehicles and replace them with "wrecked" version (i.e. replacing UH60 with UH60_wrecked) if exist.
The scripting itself is 80% done. Then some alpha tests/bug hunting will be done. After this i plan to make an public beta test for it.
If you're intereseted to help with the beta tests, please contact me for further informations.
After some pre-alpha testing and some minor bugs (mostly caused by typos or missing brackets), the alpha test version is goin out to some selected alpha tester.
Here a few info's for those who cares.
- All scripts were written @once...means no interim tests for checking if it works so far.
- dgc_reloaded contains 9 scripts
- all scripts together contain 460 lines of code (ok, comments and empty lines also counted)
- bug that caused me the most headache: no units where created until i saw the typo "confic" instead of "config".
Looking forward to the reports of the alpha tester and then for the final release
When a zone starts creating the units, there's heavy lag for a few seconds. This happens because many scripts are launched the same time doin a lot of calculations. I've already fixed this by adding a short delay between the scriptcalls. Problem is known and already solved in the next version.
What i'm planning to add is, a way to add manually some waypoints. So if you have a certain spot you want be sure it is patrolled, you can set it manually....don't know yet how, but somehow i'll add. :D
Also added a more flexible "trigger" size, meaning you can set the distance when units are created (hope i described it clear enough)
This post was edited by Myke (2007-07-25 17:37, ago)
I would like to say a big "THANKS" to all alpha/beta testers which are:
I couldn't release it so fast without theyr help.
there are plans to include some "slightly improved AI", so not necessarly the "state-of-the-art"-AI improvements, but something like groups communicate if they are in "yelling distance" and support each other. The idea is very basic at this point and some research by my side will be made first to find a effective way to realize this without consuming too much performance. But do not wait for this since research/development will probably take several weeks or even months. But for sure i'll add it in a way that no adaptions to already finished missions using the DGC:r should be made, except copying the new scripts.
This post was edited by Myke (2007-08-01 23:17, ago)
odd, in the copy of the readme i have here (which is 100% the same as you have) i found this:
In the dgc_group_config are all vehicles and units set to the desired sites and classes.
Here you can add 3rd party addons if you want to use them.
Let's say you have a cool T80 addon and you like to create groups with them (at first we will respect the side a vehicle usually belongs to), open the dgc_group_config.sqs and look for this line:
_dgc_heavy_armored = ["T72"]
right now, only T72's will be created. Let's suppose that the classname of your T80 addon is "DGC_T80", add this into the array:
_dgc_heavy_armored = ["T72", "DGC_T80"]
Now you'll have randomly T72 and T80 created. If you don't want T72's anymore, remove it:
_dgc_heavy_armored = ["DGC_T80"]
Maybe scrolling down will help next time...j/k u mate :D
As the readme is in english (a german i'll write this weekend) maybe someone has the time to translate it into another language (French, Dutch, Italian, Russian or whatever) i would be happy if you would send it to me so i can include it to the download. Making it more accessible for thos who aren't any good in english.
Copyright (c) 2006 - 2020 Armaholic.com All Rights Reserved.
Armed Assault, ArmA: Combat Operations, ArmA: Queen's Gambit, Arma 2, Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead, Arma 2: Combined Operations, Arma 2: British Armed Forces, Arma 2: Private Military Company, Arma 2: Army of the Czech Republic, Arma 2: Reinforcements, Arma 2: Firing Range and Arma 3 are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bohemia Interactive a.s.