I wanna make a pretty hetic helicopter insertion so that the birds deploy the troops as rapidly as possible. So to do this I need a few bits of script. I'm doing a Chinook landing in the desert where troops are deploying to halt OPFOR massacring civilian refugees. The following would be helpful
1. I know how to make the birds fly at a certain altitude but can you make them start at a certain altitude?
2. How can you make it so the bird lands at a particular angle, so the miniguns are facing the enemy.
3. Is it possible to have the helicopter not actually land on the ground, rather hover and drop the troops from several feet above the ground.
4. Have the deploying troops lay down some serious suppressing fire so that the birds can dust-off without taking too many hits.
5. Have the troops move out from the LZ after the helicopter has dusted off.
6. Have OPFOR RPG men prioritize the Chinooks, while their machinegunners continue to target the civilians.
6. Finally have the surviving refugees load into Chinooks (which would return on radio - I can do that bit :-)) and taken to safety. Is it possible for civilians to get into BLUFOR helis?
Here, this will probably help for your first question :)
this setpos [getpos this select 0, getpos this select 1,(getpos this select 2) +height]; this flyInHeight height
Now to make the helicotpter start at a certain altitude, put the above code in it's init. Replace the first height with the number you want for the starting altitude of the bird, and for the second height, set the number altitude you want it to fly in.
For your second question, Im not really sure, Azimuth maybe?
For your third, try making the transport unload waypoint, but without the H Invisible.
For the forth, Try setting the waypoint to HOLD, and Combat near the LZ or where you want them in cover, then place a trigger near the chinook's waypoint after dustoff, group it with the chinook, and syncronize it with the troop's hold waypoint, also after the hold waypoint place another type of waypoint where you want them to go. That way they Won't advance unless the chinook has flown away. Once the bird has flown away they will move from the LZ to engage.
For the OPFOR RPG's, try this. In their init line, put: this dotarget chinook name; this dofire chinook name
For the Refugees, I think so, Try attaching the GET IN waypoint to the chinook.
US Army Rangers- Often Mistaken For the Wrath Of God...
Copyright (c) 2006 - 2020 Armaholic.com All Rights Reserved.
Armed Assault, ArmA: Combat Operations, ArmA: Queen's Gambit, Arma 2, Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead, Arma 2: Combined Operations, Arma 2: British Armed Forces, Arma 2: Private Military Company, Arma 2: Army of the Czech Republic, Arma 2: Reinforcements, Arma 2: Firing Range and Arma 3 are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bohemia Interactive a.s.