Forum Jump :

Author Message


Posts: 57
Rank:


Level: Member

Country: nl
Location:
Occupation:
Age: 40
In-game name:

 
#1 Posted at 2011-06-20 20:34        
     
And again a, probably simple, question I have after installing Operation Arrowhead.

I made a mod folder like I always did with Arma 2 (like discribed on this website) for Arma2 OA and made a shortcut for it on my desk. Eveything as usual.

But when I start via this shortcut (or any other way for that matter), the game menu looks weird and messed up and I receive the following fault message: "Picture ca\vi\data\logo_arma2ep1_ca.paa not found".

Does anybody knows what the problem is and how to solve it?
Thanks already.


Author Message


Posts: 745
Rank:


Level: Member

Country: us
Location: Somewhere Out There
Occupation:
Age:
In-game name: NoQuarter

 
#2 Posted at 2011-06-21 20:55        
     
To clear things up what -exactly- is inside of the mod folder that you created for ArmA II:OA?

If the mod folder is disabled via the in-game Expansion Menu or removed from the target string of the shortcut, do the error(s) still occur?


Advertisement


Author Message


Posts: 57
Rank:


Level: Member

Country: nl
Location:
Occupation:
Age: 40
In-game name:

 
#3 Posted at 2011-06-23 16:06        
     
# NoQuarter : To clear things up what -exactly- is inside of the mod folder that you created for ArmA II:OA?

If the mod folder is disabled via the in-game Expansion Menu or removed from the target string of the shortcut, do the error(s) still occur?

First I tried to simply make a mod map with just a addons map. In addons map I put a addon pbo.
Then, when this give me a weird menu background in Arma and a menu that showed wrong, I tried with a mod map and a empty addons map. Same result.
Then I tried with mod map and addons map filled with all the original addons from the original addons map. Same result.
Then the same as above, but I put also all the other documents from Arma in mod map, like it was a copy of the original map. Still, same result.

When I start the game as original, I have no problems, but when I then activate via menu-expansion option, the problem occurs. When I use the short cut without target string, it just opens the original game with no addons (or with addons if activated via expansion option, but also with problems then).

By the way; it is purely the menu background wich looks disturbing and the menu lines wich are moved from their regular place. Also the collours of the menu are different and not every text button is therefor visible (but it is there).
The game, with addons, can I play in editor.


Author Message


Posts: 745
Rank:


Level: Member

Country: us
Location: Somewhere Out There
Occupation:
Age:
In-game name: NoQuarter

 
#4 Posted at 2011-06-23 23:28        
     
To repeat: What -exactly- is inside of the mod folder
ex.
*:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\@misc\AddOns
fthud.pbo
fthud.pbo.shactac.bisign
____
Is the addon compatible with ArmA II/ArmA II:OA?
Are all of its dependencies/requirements (ArmA II, @CBA, etc.) met?

Judging from the error, it appears as though whoever created the mod revised the splash/loading page graphics and/or UI...have you checked if others have run into the same type of error in the relevant thread(s)?


Author Message


Posts: 57
Rank:


Level: Member

Country: nl
Location:
Occupation:
Age: 40
In-game name:

 
#5 Posted at 2011-06-24 18:10        
     
I tried it with these two files first:
C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\@Clean OA\AddOns\bb_oa_mercs_v1
C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\@Clean OA\AddOns\bb_oa_mercs_v1

After this one, I tried another couple times with different files, all of them separated from eachother mod and all of them simply downloaded from this site, carefully checking all the requirements and read me files.

But I also tried it with a empty addon map, to make shure it can't be the addon itself.


Author Message


Posts: 57
Rank:


Level: Member

Country: nl
Location:
Occupation:
Age: 40
In-game name:

 
#6 Posted at 2011-06-26 00:20        
     
I installed Arma 2 and OA all over again and the problem is solved.

Probably I will never know what the problem was...