After many, many hours of coding, trashing, and pumping out regergatated code, mixed with
hours of online reference... I finally figured out what was going on, and would like to
share this solution
with everyone else.
If you are reading this now, it only means that you've been everywhere, looking for some
sort of solution.
It's the common Pilot Bug
as explained in many other topics here and there.
I advise upon NOT
using any of the MoveIn
commands, such as MoveInGunner,
MoveInDriver, etc... Or you will be rewritting code as myself, and many others have,
trying to debug your scripts.
I had a script that created an "Mi17_MG", afterwhich I created a SoldierEPilot, then I
used the MoveInDriver command, and simple enough, it just teleported him into the pilot
seat. In reality, this is bad, because the AI is totally unaware that he is even in a
So after some time, I decided to add more features to my mission... One such feature
was upon respawn of any of my AI teammates, they would spawn back at base, then
use the Nearestobjects command to look for the nearest object of class "Mi17_MG", at
which time, I would tell the respawning unit to board his respective helicopter,
being Evac1 for soldiers EastSlot2 through EastSlot10, then Evac2 for soldiers
EastSlot11 through EastSlot20.
They would not get into either of the evac's. I rewrote the code, as many times,
testing as many methods as I could, before I realized the MoveInDriver was causing
all my problems.
I re-edited the file that created the "Mi17_MG", took out the MoveIn
and replaced it with this...
_UnitR action ["getInPilot",_HVEH];
_UnitG action ["getIngunner",_HVEH];
Then I went to my new script, and took out all the MoveInCargo
replaced it with...
_Unit action ["getIncargo",_HVEH];
I hope this helps anyone going through the Pilot Bug
Sincere thanks to all that have replied to this,