Some good news: I found the remnants of an install of PVPmissionmaker on an old hard drive of mine. I have placed the files in a download here: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/38097529/PVPMissionWizard.7z
The wizard only partially works however you can work around the problems to get a full result. Here are the necessary steps:
1. Download file and unzip in ARMA2 folder.
2. Inside the newly created PVPmissionWizard folder, copy the yellow folders and place them here: D:\Documents\PVPMissionWizard, leaving the PVPMissionWizard.exe behind.
3. Double click on PVPMissionWizard.exe and the programme will start.
4. Open an old mission or create a new mission in the ARMA editor and then open it in PVPMissionWizard. If you try to create a new mission in this recovered half baked version of PVPMissionWizard you cannot save it.
5. Use the fantastic PVPMissionWizard tools to make/edit your mission.
6. This is the important bit: save you mission as a pbo, no other save types work.
7. To further work on your mission you can open the pbo with the Eliteness tool and then reopen it in PVPMissionWizard again but remembering always to save it as a pbo at the end, you can also work on your mission in the ARMA editor too.
Note that this is a work around solution to get this recovered version of PVPMissionWizard working at all. If one had the original install package and did a proper install none of the work around steps listed above would be necessary. Some one clever might be able to reverse engineer a proper install version of this great little programme. If you can go for it.
Suggest that this file be mirrored etc until a full install copy can again be offered, if at all.
I have tried to contact the author, SBSmac, to get a proper copy, of this fantastic programme he made, however he does not respond despite being very active elsewhere on this and other ARMA/BIS related websites. Strange but there it is.