Simple Rank Patches makes this small addition to the game where it will automatically add their ranks to all infantry's shoulders using the insignia system. No extra work is needed, the rank patches are automatically added in any mission where the AddOn is running.
Universal high-res images working on all camouflage patterns.
Multiplayer, Dedicated Server, JIP and Single player scenario compatible.
Other mod compatibility as long as the uniform/ unit mod supports the insignia system.
As explained before, the AddOn takes the rank data from the ranks in the editor, it's all automatic and no extra preparation is needed. It's for people who'd like to put the insignia system to use in a more common way. Who knows maybe some clans with ranking can use this.
It's obvious that these are not all of the ranks in a real army (US for example since these are their ranks), and because of that there are jumps between our patches and actual US ranks. But these all the ranks that are present in ArmA 3 and Its' unlikely that BIS will add more in the future.
Unfortunately it's not compatible with campaign save/ load. Which means if you die or continue a campaign from a save the mod will not run. This is noticeable in lots of AddOns tough, if anyone finds a solution feel free to message me about it.
Credits & Thanks: F2kSel for fixing the script I needed for this system to run. He helped out a lot with the better script.
- Timed checks added to players and AI for guaranteed patch visibility, singleplayer shouldn't have any problems but Domination type of games with high player counted servers might feel a performance drop even from this small AddOn. To get ahead of this, mission makers can disable AI's patches by setting the variable "disableSimpleRPAI" to true in initialization, which will make it player only and performance friendly.
- Added "initialization indication", or in English as: Chat message if the addon is loaded or not.
- Hopefully dynamically spawned AI in missions or campaigns will have patches more often.
- Re-branding of the AddOn.
- Even lower size, less code and better rank images.
- BI Forums release
- Fixed server key
-Indep camouflage changed with a slightly different one.
-Other small technical stuff.
- Instead of Blufor it works for all factions now.
- Changed the default camouflage, added separate ones for all factions.
- Changes in the config to fully use CBA.
- Fixed a bug that effected performance when too many playable units are present.
- Changes in the infrastructure.
- Added a simple expansions menu picture and a link to this page.
This post was edited by 654wak654 (2014-09-20 12:58, ago)
Sometimes I like to think as I started the whole "earplugs" thing.
W0lle: The only advice I can give you is: Do not try to understand BI. You will not succeed and it only makes your brain go boom. I would even go so far and say that not even they understand their own actions :-D.
Copyright (c) 2006 - 2020 Armaholic.com All Rights Reserved.
Armed Assault, ArmA: Combat Operations, ArmA: Queen's Gambit, Arma 2, Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead, Arma 2: Combined Operations, Arma 2: British Armed Forces, Arma 2: Private Military Company, Arma 2: Army of the Czech Republic, Arma 2: Reinforcements, Arma 2: Firing Range and Arma 3 are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bohemia Interactive a.s.