What is this?
EURUS DEFCON 1
generic Warsaw Pact and NATO proxy armies for ArmA 3
rganization for the P
rotection of F
egimes in the East
ellicose and L
nion of F
ree and O
epublics in the West
EURUS DEFCON 1
is a generalized
representation of both Warsaw Pact and NATO infantry forces from the late Cold War era (1980s and early '90s). This addon provides uniform and equipment retextures to represent a variety of Soviet and Western style infantry, but (as I am by no means a 3D modeler) it relies upon a few other addons for models and weapons. Happily, compared to my previous release in this series, the required addons have been significantly
reduced. You will still need
those few other addons for everything to work, however, and the content they provide that I have used here is 100% the work of the original authors.
Why did you make this?
I wasn't satisfied with the ports of Soviet or NATO units from previous ArmA titles and could find no single package that adequately matched my expectations for Cold War-era content when looking through other addons. So, I made what I was looking for.
Why generic instead of explicitly Soviet or American units?
Because you can easily represent a much wider variety of forces from different nations and eras with these without breaking immersion.
This addon features
- One new Soviet-inspired OPFOR faction with a variety of infantry units ready for use in the Editor or Zeus
- One new NATO-inspired BLUFOR faction with a variety of its own infantry units ready for use in the Editor or Zeus
- Inventory of retextured uniforms and equipment for these units
- Configs for OPFOR that define Motostrelki (motorized infantry), Allied Infantry (East German flavor), VDV Paratroopers, Artillerymen, Helicopter Crewmen, Sappers, and Spetsnaz units as well as group configs based on Soviet doctrine for easy placement in the Editor
- Configs for BLUFOR that define regular Infantry, Allied Infantry (West German flavor), Airborne Infantry, Special Forces, Helicopter and Vehicle Crewmen units as well as group configs
This addon requires
This addon is best with
This addon might be great for
- Cold War or post-Soviet themed missions in Chernarus or other European-themed maps
- Soviet Afghan themed missions in Takistan or other desert maps
- Anywhere you need expendable infantry to support your armored breakthroughs
- Use with Red Hammer Studio's Armed Forces of the Russian Federation and Armed Forces of the United States mods, whenever they release...
This addon might be improved in the future
- Optional config that removes RDS Static Weapons as a mandatory dependency
- Desert-themed units for both sides
- Accompanying INDFOR content with generic Third World-inspired units (long term goal)
This addon is available here